GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » R3BRoot » General Discussions » Installation of 'root' (Installation of 'root')
Installation of 'root' [message #19322] Tue, 07 June 2016 15:12 Go to next message
Leyla Atar is currently offline  Leyla Atar
occasional visitor
Hello Dima,

I installed the latest version of R3BRoot with

export SIMPATH=/cvmfs/fairroot.gsi.de/gcc_4.8.4/fairsoft/nov15p1_root6
export FAIRROOTPATH=/cvmfs/fairroot.gsi.de/gcc_4.8.4/fairroot/v-15.11a_fairsoft -nov15p1_root6

without any problem. I want to run a script but 'root' does not work. The error massage is following:

The program 'root' is currently not installed. To run 'root' please ask your administrator to install the package 'root-system-bin'.

I checked before .bashrc and .bash_profile do not include rootlogin. Do you know what is wrong?

Cheers,
Leila

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2016 15:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Installation of 'root' [message #19323 is a reply to message #19322] Wed, 08 June 2016 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmytro Kresan is currently offline  Dmytro Kresan
first-grade participant
Hello Leila,

1. Did you run these commands before compiling r3broot?:

module use /cvmfs/it.gsi.de/modulefiles/
module load compiler/gcc/4.8.4
export CC=gcc
export CXX=g++

2. Did you execute ". ./config.sh" in the build directory after successful compilation and before starting root?

3. What does command "echo $PATH" give?

4. Do you see this fairsoft directory on your current machine?:

ls /cvmfs/fairroot.gsi.de/gcc_4.8.4/fairsoft/nov15p1_root6

Best regards,
Dima
Re: Installation of 'root' [message #19324 is a reply to message #19323] Thu, 09 June 2016 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leyla Atar is currently offline  Leyla Atar
occasional visitor
Hello Dima,

thanks for your reply.

1. I run the listed commands before compiling r3broot.

2. I did NOT execute ". ./config.sh" in the build directory after successful compilation and before starting root.

3. The fairsoft directory /cvmfs/fairroot.gsi.de/gcc_4.8.4/fairsoft/nov15p1_root6 existing in my machine.

Because in the meantime, the vnc connection to GSI was broken I repeated the commands, now root is running.
Maybe it was because I did not execute ". ./config.sh" in the build directory after the compilation.

Cheers,
Leila
Re: Installation of 'root' [message #19325 is a reply to message #19324] Thu, 09 June 2016 11:23 Go to previous message
Dmytro Kresan is currently offline  Dmytro Kresan
first-grade participant
Good that it is working now.

Later yesterday I also faced some random errors while accessing files on cvmfs. The problem was on server side configuration. Maybe it was connected to your error as well.

Best regards,
Dima
Previous Topic: Tree with arrays in the leafs
Next Topic: How does the IsElastic-function in the NeutronTracker2D work?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:59:48 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00697 seconds