GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems)
[FIXED] problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19190] Tue, 12 April 2016 14:05 Go to next message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Dear all,

since one year I find very difficult to install new releases in pandaroot. The problem is always the same: when arrving at the point to compile, I get error, and I don't know why.

This time I tried to install everything from scratch, e.g. https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/PandaRootInstallGit

(standard installations)

1) Installing again external package fairsoft_mar15.... fine!

2) Installing FairRoot...troubles:

>>>>> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairRoot /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot

-- fairsoft-config found
-- C compiler used for FairSoft installation: /usr/bin/gcc
-- C compiler used now: /usr/bin/gcc
-- CXX compiler used for FairSoft installation: /usr/bin/g++
-- CXX compiler used now: /usr/bin/c++
-- The compiler during the compilation of FairSoft is different from the current one.
CMake Error at cmake/modules/CheckCompiler.cmake:64 (Message):
This is seen as an error. If you know that the setting is correct you can
silence the error by using the CMake flag -DUSE_DIFFERENT_COMPILER=TRUE
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:55 (Check_Compiler)

3) even not possible this time to start the installation of the release. In general, I ge ttrouble when doing cmake in the release/build. This time a step above. I am following step by step the tutorial. MY OS is Fedora19.

At the third attempt of the day, deleting everything and starting all over again, I give up.
If nobody has any idea how to solve and improve this, I cannot test genfit2 in releases >= mar15. From my point of view, it works good in oct14, as in my /development/ no problems occur.

It is a pain since one year to work with new pandaroot releases, really...

Looking forward to hear from you
Best regards, Elisabetta

[Updated on: Thu, 28 April 2016 16:32] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19191 is a reply to message #19190] Tue, 12 April 2016 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Elisabetta Prencipe (2) wrote on Tue, 12 April 2016 14:05
Dear all,
2) Installing FairRoot...troubles:

>>>>> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairRoot /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot

-- fairsoft-config found
-- The compiler during the compilation of FairSoft is different from the current one.

First of all, it should be:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairRoot /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairRoot ../

CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is where you are going to export the libraries, not where the code is staying. If you check the wiki page:

pandauser@panda-VirtualBox:~/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/build$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/pandauser/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairRoot /home/pandauser/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot

Second, the error is known, and in wiki it is described how to fix it:

pandauser@panda-VirtualBox:~/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/build$ cmake -DUSE_DIFFERENT_COMPILER=TRUE -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/pandauser/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairRoot /home/pandauser/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot

Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19192 is a reply to message #19191] Tue, 12 April 2016 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hello Stefano,

following your instruction n. 1 (which is not what I read in the wiki) I get again:

-- fairsoft-config found

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also " /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutpu t.log ".

any idea? thanks,
cheers, Elisabetta
Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19193 is a reply to message #19192] Tue, 12 April 2016 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi again,

what I mean is:

~/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/build$ cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairRoot /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot

I get error at this point.

This is what I read in the wiki.

Elisabetta
Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19194 is a reply to message #19192] Tue, 12 April 2016 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi:

index.php?t=getfile&id=8654&private=0

You did not notice the second line in the box.

About the problem -DUSE_DIFFERENT_COMPILER, the solution is described in the second point.

cmake -DUSE_DIFFERENT_COMPILER=TRUE -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/pandauser/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairRoot /home/pandauser/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot
Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19195 is a reply to message #19194] Tue, 12 April 2016 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
...just tried...does not work.

I can delete again and start all over again....it's all the day long I ma doing this, one more, one less..... it should not be like so. It was not like so, indeed.

Elisabetta
Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19196 is a reply to message #19195] Tue, 12 April 2016 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

What is the error message now?
Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19198 is a reply to message #19196] Tue, 12 April 2016 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Boost_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
used as include directory in directory /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/base
used as include directory in directory /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/base
used as include directory in directory /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/parmq
used as include directory in directory /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/parmq
used as include directory in directory /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/examples/advanced/Tutorial8
used as include directory in directory /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/examples/advanced/Tutorial8
ZMQ_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)

See also " /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutpu t.log ".
See also " /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError .log ".
Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19199 is a reply to message #19198] Tue, 12 April 2016 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano, some additional info about the debugging errors:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
-- Building of the FairMQ library is switched off since C++11 or the necessary boost libraries couldn't be found on the system
running /bin/chmod u+x /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/build/examples/advanced/Tut orial8/macros/unpack_mbs.sh 2>&1
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Could you suggest a further step to avoid the problem in compilation?

Thanks a lot for your help, Elisabetta
Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19200 is a reply to message #19196] Tue, 12 April 2016 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi again Stefano,

in the tutorial is written:

git checkout -b v-15.11 v-15.11

is the v-15.11 the current one? Maybe there is something to update in the tutorial? I say because in the message that I obtain is written:

-- C++11 support found.
-- Build CbmModule with Gdml support
-- C++11 support & boost libraries found. FairMQ will be built.
running /bin/chmod u+x /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/build/examples/advanced/Tut orial8/macros/unpack_mbs.sh 2>&1
-- Found Git: /usr/bin/git (found version "1.8.3.1")
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
ZMQ_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
used as include directory in directory /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/fairmq
used as include directory in directory /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/fairmq
used as include directory in directory /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/fairmq/test
used as include directory in directory /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/fairmq/test
ZMQ_LIBRARY_SHARED (ADVANCED)
linked by target "FairMQ" in directory /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/fairmq

See also " /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError .log ".
Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19201 is a reply to message #19200] Tue, 12 April 2016 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

v-15.11 is the FairRoot suggested version. I have never seen such error, but I don't have a Fedora 19.
You could try asking in the FairRoot forum.
Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19202 is a reply to message #19201] Tue, 12 April 2016 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi,

what is the FairRoot forum?

What I see is that it is impossible to work with pandaroot for me, since a while. Only old releases.

Best regards, Elisabetta
Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19203 is a reply to message #19202] Tue, 12 April 2016 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

https://forum.gsi.de/index.php?t=i&cat=36&
Re: problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems) [message #19212 is a reply to message #19200] Wed, 13 April 2016 10:57 Go to previous message
first-grade participant
Hello Stefano,

it looks there were some problems with a few packages, that could not be checked just running the ./config.sh script.

So, 2 level-problems:

1) dependencies. Tobias helped yesterday with that. From the web page: https://github.com/FairRootGroup/FairSoft/blob/master/DEPENDENCIES

Fedora, Redhat, Scientific Linux and other Redhat based systems:

yum install cmake gcc gcc-c++ gcc-gfortran make patch sed \
libX11-devel libXft-devel libXpm-devel libXext-devel \
libXmu-devel mesa-libGLU-devel mesa-libGL-devel ncurses-devel \
curl bzip2 libbz2-dev gzip unzip tar expat-devel \
subversion git flex bison imake redhat-lsb-core \
python-devel libxml2-devel wget openssl-devel curl-devel \
automake autoconf libtool

2) missing packages (pythia6, geant3,...)
I downloaded them manually, and now it works.
Florian proposes: git checkout -b tag_mar15p6 mar15p6 (please, see his last message in the general FiarRoot forum).

Indeed, when doing 'cmake' I always need to type:

cmake -DUSE_DIFFERENT_COMPILER=TRUE -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/buildFairRoot /home/prencipe/panda/fairsoft_mar15/FairRoot

The patch '-DUSE_DIFFERENT_COMPILER=TRUE' is always needed (Fedora19) for both, FairRoot and pandaroot installation.

cheers, Elisabetta
Previous Topic: compilation error
Next Topic: [NOTSUPPORTED] Eternal package compilation error OSX 10.11.4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:48:17 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01187 seconds