GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » compilation error
compilation error [message #19088] Fri, 26 February 2016 14:01 Go to next message
Aida Galoyan is currently offline  Aida Galoyan
continuous participant
Hello,

I have error at compilation of PandaRoot.
I try to explain.

Martin Vala, our computer administrator
installed PandaRoot with external
packages at cluster HybriLit at JINR, Dubna.
Everything was O'k.

Today I have tried to install PandaRoot last version (28940)
in my home account at HybriLit.

All comands before make are working normal.
But, when I give
> make
I have following error connected with PndMasterRunAna.cxx:
-------------------------------------------------------
[ 88%] Building CXX object PndTools/master/CMakeFiles/Master.dir/PndMasterRunAna.cxx.o
/nfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/user/a/agaloyan/panda_Feb16/pandaroot/PndTools/mas ter/PndMasterRunA na.cxx:16:12: error: Б─≤std::coutБ─≥ has not been declared
using std::cout;
^
/nfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/user/a/agaloyan/panda_Feb16/pandaroot/PndTools/mas ter/PndMasterRunA na.cxx: In member function Б─≤Bool_t PndMasterRunAna::Setup()Б─≥:
/nfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/user/a/agaloyan/panda_Feb16/pandaroot/PndTools/mas ter/PndMasterRunA na.cxx:34:82: error: no matching function for call to Б─≤FairFileSource::FairFileSource(c onst char*)Б─≥
FairFileSource *fileSource = new FairFileSource(creator.GetSimFileName().data());
^
/nfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/user/a/agaloyan/panda_Feb16/pandaroot/PndTools/mas ter/PndMasterRunA na.cxx:34:82: note: candidates are:
In file included from /cvmfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/sw/fairroot/v15.07a_nov15/sl6-gcc48/include /FairRootManager.h:24:0,
from /cvmfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/sw/fairroot/v15.07a_nov15/sl6-gcc48/include /FairRunAna.h:21,
from /nfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/user/a/agaloyan/panda_Feb16/pandaroot/PndTool s/master/PndMasterRunAna.h:16,
from /nfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/user/a/agaloyan/panda_Feb16/pandaroot/PndTool s/master/PndMasterRunAna.cxx:1:
/cvmfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/sw/fairroot/v15.07a_nov15/sl6-gcc48/include/Fair FileSource.h:96:5 : note: FairFileSource::FairFileSource(const FairFileSource&)
FairFileSource(const FairFileSource&);
^
/cvmfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/sw/fairroot/v15.07a_nov15/sl6-gcc48/include/Fair FileSource.h:96:5 : note: no known conversion for argument 1 from Б─≤const char*Б─≥ to Б─≤const FairFileS ource&Б─≥
/cvmfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/sw/fairroot/v15.07a_nov15/sl6-gcc48/include/Fair FileSource.h:33:5 : note: FairFileSource::FairFileSource(const TString*, const char*, UInt_t)
FairFileSource(const TString* RootFileName, const char* Title="InputRootFile", UInt_ t identifier=0);
^
/cvmfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/sw/fairroot/v15.07a_nov15/sl6-gcc48/include/Fair FileSource.h:33:5 : note: no known conversion for argument 1 from Б─≤const char*Б─≥ to Б─≤const TString*Б ─≥
/cvmfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/sw/fairroot/v15.07a_nov15/sl6-gcc48/include/Fair FileSource.h:32:5 : note: FairFileSource::FairFileSource(TFile*, const char*, UInt_t)
FairFileSource(TFile *f, const char* Title="InputRootFile", UInt_t identifier=0);
^
/cvmfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/sw/fairroot/v15.07a_nov15/sl6-gcc48/include/Fair FileSource.h:32:5 : note: no known conversion for argument 1 from Б─≤const char*Б─≥ to Б─≤TFile*Б─≥
/nfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/user/a/agaloyan/panda_Feb16/pandaroot/PndTools/mas ter/PndMasterRunA na.cxx:55:23: error: Б─≤SetSourceБ─≥ was not declared in this scope
SetSource(fileSource);
^
/nfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/user/a/agaloyan/panda_Feb16/pandaroot/PndTools/mas ter/PndMasterRunA na.cxx: In member function Б─≤void PndMasterRunAna::Finish()Б─≥:
/nfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/user/a/agaloyan/panda_Feb16/pandaroot/PndTools/mas ter/PndMasterRunA na.cxx:112:3: error: Б─≤coutБ─≥ was not declared in this scope
cout << endl;
^
make[2]: *** [PndTools/master/CMakeFiles/Master.dir/PndMasterRunAna.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [PndTools/master/CMakeFiles/Master.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
----------------------------------------------------

What is the reason of the error?
Can somebody help me to remove this error?

Thank you in advance.
best regards,
Aida

Re: compilation error [message #19093 is a reply to message #19088] Sat, 27 February 2016 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

The first error has been fixed, most probably, in the last trunk.
For all the other errors... now you should use FairSoft mar15 and FairRoot v-15.11. I believe you are using an older version of FairRoot.
Re: compilation error [message #19111 is a reply to message #19088] Wed, 02 March 2016 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hello Stefano,

after your e-mail, I updated pandaroot,
but I obtained at the compilation the same error (which I found before) in the file
PndMasterRunAna.cxx, connected with line:
> FairFileSource *fileSource = new FairFileSource(creator.GetSimFileName().data());

When I replaced this line into the line:

>FairFileSource *fileSource = new FairFileSource(new TString(creator.GetSimFileName().data()));

this error disappeared.

But after this, I have following error on the line

>SetSource(fileSource);

-------------------------------------------------------
/nfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/user/a/agaloyan/panda_Feb16/pandaroot/PndTools/mas ter/PndMasterRunAna.cxx: In member function 'Bool_t PndMasterRunAna::Setup()':
/nfs/hybrilit.jinr.ru/user/a/agaloyan/panda_Feb16/pandaroot/PndTools/mas ter/PndMasterRunAna.cxx:57:23: error: 'SetSource' was not declared in this scope
SetSource(fileSource);
^
make[2]: *** [PndTools/master/CMakeFiles/Master.dir/PndMasterRunAna.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [PndTools/master/CMakeFiles/Master.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
---------------------------------------------------------

When I commited out the line

>SetSource(fileSource);

compilation of pandaroot is o'k.

I don't now,
>SetSource(fileSource);
is needed or not?

Best regards,
Aida

Re: compilation error [message #19112 is a reply to message #19111] Wed, 02 March 2016 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Can I know which operating system you are using, and which C++ compiler?
Which FairRoot version?

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2016 11:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: compilation error [message #19113 is a reply to message #19111] Wed, 02 March 2016 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hello again,

we are using
Scientific Linux 6.7
gcc 4.8.4
Re: compilation error [message #19114 is a reply to message #19113] Wed, 02 March 2016 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Which FairRoot version?
Re: compilation error [message #19115 is a reply to message #19088] Wed, 02 March 2016 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hello again,

for installation of externals, in my account at HybriLit I give command:

module add hlit/fairroot/v15.07a_nov15

How I understand it is installed version of Fairroot - November15.

Best regards,
Aida
Re: compilation error [message #19116 is a reply to message #19115] Wed, 02 March 2016 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

You are using FairRoot v15.07a, but you must use v15.11 (or v15.11a).

https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/PandaRoot#Suggested _version_of_the_code
Re: compilation error [message #19117 is a reply to message #19088] Wed, 02 March 2016 14:29 Go to previous message
continuous participant
O,k.

I will ask Martin Vala,
system administrator of HybriLit,
to install Fairroot version v15.11 (or v15.11a)
on HybriLit.

Best regards
Aida
Previous Topic: [FIXED] External package installation problem
Next Topic: [FIXED] problems in installing a pandaroot release (usual problems)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:50:03 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00975 seconds