GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » External Packages » FairSoft with GCC in MacOs (Compiling FairSfot with GCC in Macos)
icon5.gif  FairSoft with GCC in MacOs [message #18726] Fri, 20 November 2015 02:46 Go to next message
Yassid is currently offline  Yassid
occasional visitor
Dear all

I built gcc 5.0.x in Yosemite because I need to use OpenMP in my FairRoot-based framework. Nevertheless, after selecting the GCC in the configure script It fails at some point with the first package (which is CMake).

Any advice or hint?

Thank you very much in advance!
Yassid
Re: FairSoft with GCC in MacOs [message #18727 is a reply to message #18726] Fri, 20 November 2015 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Pflueger is currently offline  Stefan Pflueger
continuous participant
Hi Yassid,

its difficult to say what is going on without some error messages, but I checked the Fairroot webpage and it states (afaiu) that you should install CMake beforehand so the installation script will detect the system version and will skip its own installation.

Quote:
The only prerequisite for the FairSoft installation on Linux or Mac OSX systems is CMake which has either to be installed using the package manager or from the sources which can be downloaded from here.

For more info: https://fairroot.gsi.de/?q=node/63

So I suggest you install CMake standalone and then try again.

Cheers,

Stefan
Re: FairSoft with GCC in MacOs [message #18729 is a reply to message #18726] Fri, 20 November 2015 16:03 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

In theory for MAC one should use clang and not gcc, and openMP should work aslo there.
Maybe a log of your installation would help.
Previous Topic: PandaRoot packages installation
Next Topic: libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:25:15 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00831 seconds