GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Meetings » Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:30 CET
Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:30 CET [message #18636] Tue, 03 November 2015 10:29 Go to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: *netrun.cytanet.com.cy
Next meeting on Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:00 CET. If you plan to give a presentation or you have some topic to discuss, please let us know.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 November 2015 16:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:00 CET [message #18637 is a reply to message #18636] Tue, 03 November 2015 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
Messages: 489
Registered: May 2007
first-grade participant
From: *ikp.kfa-juelich.de
Dear all,

I want to give a presenation about the usage of FAIR Message Queues in the analysis of online data from the MVD.

Working title: "FairMQ for MVD online test beam analysis".

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:00 CET [message #18642 is a reply to message #18636] Wed, 04 November 2015 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jennifer Pütz is currently offline  Jennifer Pütz
Messages: 47
Registered: April 2015
Location: FZ Juelich
continuous participant
From: *ikp.kfa-juelich.de
Hi all,

I want to give an update for "fitting with neutrals" and a short report about the EvtGen bug and its "quick" fix.

Cheers,
Jenny
Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:00 CET [message #18643 is a reply to message #18642] Wed, 04 November 2015 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: *netrun.cytanet.com.cy
Here the agenda:

a) General Items
b) Open bugs&forum problems&activities
c) Analysis
   (J.Puetz) Updates on neutral fitters
   (M.Kunkel) Probabilistic Multi-variable background suppression method Qfactor
d) A.o.B.


Here the minute wiki page:

https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/Minutes10Nov2015

[Updated on: Thu, 05 November 2015 08:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:00 CET [message #18644 is a reply to message #18643] Wed, 04 November 2015 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: *netrun.cytanet.com.cy
Title: Panda software meeting
Description:
Community: GSI/FAIR
This meeting has a password
Meeting type: Open Meeting (Round Table)

Meeting Access Information:
SeeVoghRN Application http://research.seevogh.com/joinSRN?meeting=MMMeMn2D2BDsDn9I9MD29M
Mobile App : Meeting ID: 739 4584 or Link: http://research.seevogh.com/join?meeting=MMMeMn2D2BDsDn9I9MD29M

Guests Access Information :
SeeVoghRN Application http://research.seevogh.com/joinSRN?guest=8007350147096161070000848549
Mobile App (only from link) http://research.seevogh.com/join?guest=8007350147096161070000848549

- Phone Bridge
ID: 739 4584

Central European Time (+0100)
Start 2015-11-10 13:30
End 2015-11-10 18:30
Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:00 CET [message #18645 is a reply to message #18636] Wed, 04 November 2015 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mckunkel is currently offline  mckunkel
Messages: 11
Registered: October 2015
occasional visitor
From: *ikp.kfa-juelich.de
Greetings,

I can join this meeting at 1500. I have a previously scheduled meeting.

BR
MK
Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:30 CET [message #18677 is a reply to message #18636] Mon, 09 November 2015 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: *to.infn.it
Dear all,
due to some technical problem the start of the software meeting is shifted to 14:30.
Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:30 CET [message #18696 is a reply to message #18636] Mon, 16 November 2015 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: *123-81-b.business.telecomitalia.it
Minutes are ready!

https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/Minutes10Nov2015
Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:30 CET [message #18706 is a reply to message #18696] Tue, 17 November 2015 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertram Kopf is currently offline  Bertram Kopf
Messages: 110
Registered: March 2006
continuous participant
From: *ep1.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Dear Stefano,

just one remark to the q-weight-factor method discussed during the last software meeting. This method has been used not only by CLAS experiment but also by the Bochum group since a couple of years (see e.g. Eur. Phys. J. C (2015) 75: 124) . The WiBaS package has also been written by Julian Pychy from Bochum and is available on git-hub at https://github.com/RUB-EP1/WiBaS . It would be nice to refer to this package in a correct way.

Many thanks and with kind regards,
Bertram
Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:30 CET [message #18707 is a reply to message #18706] Tue, 17 November 2015 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mckunkel is currently offline  mckunkel
Messages: 11
Registered: October 2015
occasional visitor
From: *ikp.kfa-juelich.de
Greetings,

It is correct that not only CLAS has been using the Qfactor method. However I do not feel that it is incorrect to not cite https://github.com/RUB-EP1/WiBaS
as my version of the Qfactor code https://github.com/mckunkel/QFactor has been coded to incorporate the error of the fit, i.e. the error on the Qfactor.
Until we can merge and debug some problems that have arose with the package in https://github.com/RUB-EP1/WiBaS, I would not prefer to cite any package.

BR
MK

[Updated on: Tue, 17 November 2015 13:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:30 CET [message #18708 is a reply to message #18707] Tue, 17 November 2015 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: *lnf.infn.it
In the minutes I have added that Bochum group is using the package. Maybe it would be good to write the name of the authors in the presentation, at least in the one for the collaboration meeting and not for this internal one.
Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:30 CET [message #18717 is a reply to message #18707] Wed, 18 November 2015 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertram Kopf is currently offline  Bertram Kopf
Messages: 110
Registered: March 2006
continuous participant
From: *ep1.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Dear Michael,
we were not aware that you also published the q-factor code on git hub. As you know the original author is Julian and some weeks ago you received his code together with the GPLv3 license header in each file. You published exactly this code with some modifications made by you. Julians copyright information seems to be lost in the individual files somehow. Therefore I would kindly like to ask you to insert the copyright again.

Many thanks and with best regards,
Bertram
Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:30 CET [message #18718 is a reply to message #18717] Wed, 18 November 2015 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mckunkel is currently offline  mckunkel
Messages: 11
Registered: October 2015
occasional visitor
From: *ikp.kfa-juelich.de
Greetings,

I was not aware the code was published On GitHub either by the Bochum group.

The license and copyright is not lost in my copy, it in put into one file called license.txt,
https://github.com/mckunkel/QFactor/blob/master/License.txt,
which is legally sufficient.

It was redundant to scroll through every file with a license header.

No one here is taking credit for others work as I am promoting the package, not claiming it. I am only try to improve in the package and help this community.

BR
MK

[Updated on: Wed, 18 November 2015 15:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:30 CET [message #18719 is a reply to message #18717] Thu, 19 November 2015 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mckunkel is currently offline  mckunkel
Messages: 11
Registered: October 2015
occasional visitor
From: *ikp.kfa-juelich.de
Greetings,

It also dawned on me that you must have seen my copy of the WiBaS package, therefore you must have seen that in every file I wrote

Quote:

/* This file is part of WiBaS *
* See License */


Meaning that somewhere in the package there was a license. Please lets start a useful dialogue, the current is seemingly pretentious.

I have reached out to Julian to discuss the need for my edits and why my copy is more complete because no background subtraction method is complete without error propagation.
I have yet to hear back from him.

BR
MK
Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:30 CET [message #18722 is a reply to message #18719] Thu, 19 November 2015 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertram Kopf is currently offline  Bertram Kopf
Messages: 110
Registered: March 2006
continuous participant
From: *ep1.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Dear Michael,
sorry for discussing again the procedure how to publish the software code. According to the GPLv3 license it is definitely not allowed to remove any text of the copyright and license header written by the original author in the individual files. The relevant part in the GPLv3 license document contains paragraph 4, namely:
Quote:

4. Conveying Verbatim Copies.
You may convey verbatim copies of the Program's source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice; keep intact all notices stating that this License and any non-permissive terms added in accord with section 7 apply to the code; keep intact all notices of the absence of any warranty; and give all recipients a copy of this License along with the Program. ...

And on http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
Quote:

... Whichever license you plan to use, the process involves adding two elements to each source file of your program: a copyright notice (such as "Copyright 1999 Terry Jones"), and a statement of copying permission, saying that the program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (or the Lesser GPL). ...

Therefore we would kindly like to ask you to add again the original header into each file.

BTW: Julian has now sent you an email concerning the discussion about specific items of the q-weight method and in particular concerning the error propagation. This is of course a more useful discussion.

Again, many thanks and with best regards,
Bertram and Julian
Re: Software meeting, Tuesday, 10th of November, 14:30 CET [message #18725 is a reply to message #18722] Thu, 19 November 2015 17:03 Go to previous message
mckunkel is currently offline  mckunkel
Messages: 11
Registered: October 2015
occasional visitor
From: *ikp.kfa-juelich.de
Greetings,

Many thanks for showing my point.
Section 4 does not apply in this case because I am not keeping a verbatim copy. The keyword is verbatim which by definition means Quote:
in exactly the same words as were used originally


Since I have not only modified it, I have also added the very much needed error propagation, something the original code lacked.
Therefore the terms of the license from Quote:
5. Conveying Modified Source Versions
apply here, in which it states
Quote:
b) The work must carry prominent notices stating that it is released under this License and any conditions added under section 7. This requirement modifies the requirement in section 4 to "keep intact all notices".


Please keep in mind that I am only trying to help you understand, but moreover if you want to continue this useless banter, please call me 2461 61 3232. I feel this could be more beneficial from verbal communication .

BR
MK

[Updated on: Thu, 19 November 2015 17:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Computing session next collaboration meeting in Vienna
Next Topic: 2nd workshop \Connecting the Dots" - Vienna, February 22-24, 2016
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu May 23 06:09:25 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00725 seconds