GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » First check of CATracking
First check of CATracking [message #18312] Wed, 17 June 2015 10:50 Go to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi all,
i tried to check the output from the Cellular Automaton code (PndCATracking).
I run 1000 events with 5 muons per event, 1 GeV/c each, for 25° < theta < 120°.

Here the momentum distribution from pure Gianluigi PR (PndTracking2), adding also the kalman (PndTracking2+genfit), and with the CA (PndTracking CA):

index.php?t=getfile&id=8423&private=0

It seems that the CA provides better results than standard PR, but worse than adding also genfit. This means most probably that on the top of the CA one should also run our Kalman Filter. At present, due to a bug in the PndTrackCand filling, this is not possible.
Regards

Re: First check of CATracking [message #18314 is a reply to message #18312] Wed, 17 June 2015 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Dear all,

I fixed the bug in the PndTrackCand filling so that the correct DetID is now stored. Please update to the latest trunk (27889).

Cheers,

Tobias
Re: First check of CATracking [message #18315 is a reply to message #18314] Wed, 17 June 2015 12:16 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Thanks,
I tried but the momentum is the same, it seems genfit is always failing. Maybe there are more problems in the output PndTrack.
Previous Topic: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code
Next Topic: Genfit2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:55:39 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00819 seconds