GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] PandaRoot rev 27292 fails to compile [PID]
[FIXED] PandaRoot rev 27292 fails to compile [PID] [message #18102] Wed, 01 April 2015 14:43 Go to next message
Marcel Tiemens is currently offline  Marcel Tiemens
continuous participant
I needed to update some files in PandaRoot because I'm basically a developer, but after that it started producing weird errors. So I just ran svn update on the whole of PandaRoot, to make sure that the files are compatible with each other, but this fails to compile, resulting in the following error:

[ 96%] Building CXX object pid/CMakeFiles/Pid.dir/PidCorr/PndPidCorrelator.cxx.o
/home/marcel/pandaroot2/pid/PidCorr/PndPidCorrelator.cxx: In member function 'void PndPidCorrelator::ConstructNeutralCandidate()':
/home/marcel/pandaroot2/pid/PidCorr/PndPidCorrelator.cxx:883:39: error: 'class PndEmcErrorMatrix' has no member named 'GetErrorP7'
TMatrixD covP7=fEmcErrorMatrix->GetErrorP7(*clu);
^
make[2]: *** [pid/CMakeFiles/Pid.dir/PidCorr/PndPidCorrelator.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [pid/CMakeFiles/Pid.dir/all] Error 2

I tried to continue using PandaRoot anyway, but it crashes when I try to run pid_complete.C with the following error:

Error: type PndPidCorrelator not defined

I suppose the two are related, but how can I solve this? I run the external packages version Apr13 and PandaRoot revision 27292 on Ubuntu 14.04.2.

Marcel

[Updated on: Tue, 21 April 2015 11:46] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: PandaRoot rev 27292 fails to compile [PID] [message #18103 is a reply to message #18102] Wed, 01 April 2015 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

I suppose you did not read the announcement:

https://forum.gsi.de/index.php?t=tree&th=4509&goto=18085&#ms g_18085

nor the last SeeVogh minutes.

You cannot use the new trunk with apr13, you need to move to the new FairSoft mar15 and FairRoot v-15.03.
Re: PandaRoot rev 27292 fails to compile [PID] [message #18105 is a reply to message #18103] Wed, 01 April 2015 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Okay, thanks, I will try that then.
Re: PandaRoot rev 27292 fails to compile [PID] [message #18134 is a reply to message #18105] Wed, 15 April 2015 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Okay, it looks like it's working now. Simply following the instructions in the wiki seems to work. I can run the macros in /macro/run/ without any problems.

There is however a new problem (not sure if I should start a new topic for this one). When I try to run the macros for just the EMC in /macro/emc/, I get the following error message for the digitisation part:

Emc mapper version 0 does not exist
gGeoManager does not exist

I'm just running these macro's out-of-the-box, changing only the event generator to EvtGen and beam momentum (so that it can produce the particles I want).
Re: PandaRoot rev 27292 fails to compile [PID] [message #18135 is a reply to message #18134] Wed, 15 April 2015 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

A general consideration: the folder macro/emc is under responsability of the EMC software group and it is not updated since several months. I suggest to take macro/run/* macros and update them to use the emc geometry as you prefer (there are many obsolete things there).

In any case, I tried sim_emc.C and digi_emc.C and I got no crash. Are you sure you properly modified your macros?
Re: PandaRoot rev 27292 fails to compile [PID] [message #18137 is a reply to message #18135] Thu, 16 April 2015 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Yes, I even simply copied sim_complete.C and digi_complete.C from /macro/run/ and commented out the other subdetectors. I still get the same message. The weird thing is, if I do the same inside the /macro/run/ folder, there is no error and everything works fine.

Both macros call

// Digitisation file (ascii)
TString digiFile = "all.par";

// -----  Parameter database   --------------------------------------------
TString allDigiFile = gSystem->Getenv("VMCWORKDIR");
allDigiFile += "/macro/params/";
allDigiFile += digiFile;

, which means they fetch the same parameter database, correct? Because it looks like there is some problem there. I checked the source of PndEmcMakeDigi etc, and 0 is the default (initialisation) value for e.g. the MapperVersion. It is supposed to fetch the correct number from somewhere, but I guess this doesn't happen for some reason...
Re: PandaRoot rev 27292 fails to compile [PID] [message #18138 is a reply to message #18137] Thu, 16 April 2015 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dima Melnychuk is currently offline  Dima Melnychuk
first-grade participant
Hi Marcel,

Concerning the macros in /macro/emc/ folder
the sim_emc.C, digi_emc.C, reco_emc.C sequence should run
but if you try emc_complete.C instead
you should at least change
Emc->SetGeometryVersion(15);
to
Emc->SetGeometryVersion(1);

You also refer to PndEmcMakeDigi task, but it does not run in either of these macros.
Digitization is performed by default with two consequent tasks PndEmcHitsToWaveform, PndEmcWaveformToDigi.

Dima
Re: PandaRoot rev 27292 fails to compile [PID] [message #18144 is a reply to message #18138] Mon, 20 April 2015 13:29 Go to previous message
continuous participant
Thanks Dima, when I try emc_complete.C with the changes you propose, it works without problems. But I still don't understand why these other two aren't working; I don't see any real differences between their code.
Previous Topic: Remove of FairRoot packages from the trunk
Next Topic: [FIXED] Bug of XCode 6.3 harming geant4 compilation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:24:31 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00725 seconds