GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code
Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18075] Thu, 26 March 2015 16:40 Go to next message
Ajay Kumar is currently offline  Ajay Kumar
continuous participant

Dear All,

I have simulated 10^4 events for the signal channel pbar p-> D*+ D*- -> D0 pi+ D0bar pi- while adding Lambda Disks to the rest detector system in the sim_complete.C macro. I have observed that with the ideal tracking code (i.e. recoideal_complete.C) D0 (k- pi+) and D*+ (D0 pi+) are not reconstructed but with the global tracking code (reco_complete.C) are reconstructed well. I have attached the invariant mass plots here with both the tracking codes.

Without adding Lambda Disks both tracking code performed as expected. I did not understand what is issue with the ideal tracking code.

Why D0's are not well reconstructed with ideal tracking code while adding Lambda Disks to rest detector system?

Can anybody teach me in this regard ??

Thanks in advance

Ajay

AJAY KUMAR
Research scholar
Indian Institute of Technology Indore,Indore
Madhya Pradesh
India
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18076 is a reply to message #18075] Thu, 26 March 2015 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Which version of the code are you using?
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18077 is a reply to message #18076] Thu, 26 March 2015 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant

Dear Stefano,

I am using apr13 release of external package and oct14 release of pandaroot.
I took both the code from /macro/run/ folder.

AJAY KUMAR
Research scholar
Madhya Pradesh
India
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18078 is a reply to message #18077] Thu, 26 March 2015 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Can you upload your complete analysis chain? (sim, digi, recox2, pid, dec, analysis)
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18079 is a reply to message #18078] Thu, 26 March 2015 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant

Dear Stefano,

Please find the attached complete analysis folder here.

Regards
Ajay

AJAY KUMAR
Research scholar
Madhya Pradesh
India
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18088 is a reply to message #18079] Sat, 28 March 2015 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Can you please check without the lambda disk?
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18089 is a reply to message #18088] Sun, 29 March 2015 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant

Hello Stefano,

I have checked without Lambda Disks again and was able to track D0 particle with Ideal tracking. while adding Lambda Disks Ideal track finding algorithm was not able to track D0 particle.
Please find attached same plots without Lambda Disks and give me your valuable suggestions.

Thanks & Regards
Ajay

AJAY KUMAR
Research scholar
Madhya Pradesh
India
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18090 is a reply to message #18089] Sun, 29 March 2015 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

I suppose there is some bug in the part correlated to the lambda disk, which was never official tested for reconstruction.
I suggest to check with single particles reaching the lambda disk, and compare results with and without the disk. I presume the disk affects only forward tracks, isn't it? Your D events are too much complicated to understand what could go wrong.
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18096 is a reply to message #18090] Tue, 31 March 2015 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant

Hello Stefano,

I have simulated single pi+ per event using box generator with and without Lambda disks. I observed that some pi+ were lost with Lambda Disks in comparison of without Lambda Disks. I have used both tracking code to see the effect of Lambda disks on the pi+ tracks. I have attached related plots here.
Kindly give your suggestions.

Thanks and Regards
Ajay

AJAY KUMAR
Research scholar
Madhya Pradesh
India
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18097 is a reply to message #18096] Tue, 31 March 2015 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Are you sure that the lambda disk is properly implemented in reconstruction?
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18098 is a reply to message #18097] Tue, 31 March 2015 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant

Hello,

I just implemented Lambda Disks in the "sim_complete.C" macro. As these are using MVD classes, so I assume that included them in reconstruction too.
Is that the answer of your question?

AJAY KUMAR
Research scholar
Madhya Pradesh
India
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18099 is a reply to message #18098] Tue, 31 March 2015 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

This means that most probably it is not implemented in reconstruction, or that it could screw the reco chain. I would check the output of all the objects up to PndTrack to be sure that it really works.
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18266 is a reply to message #18075] Fri, 22 May 2015 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant

Dear Stefano,

I am still waiting for your reply. Is there any update on this issue? Rolling Eyes

Thanking you

Ajay

AJAY KUMAR
Research scholar
Madhya Pradesh
India
Re: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code [message #18267 is a reply to message #18266] Fri, 22 May 2015 11:53 Go to previous message
first-grade participant

Hi,
sorry, I was not clear.

Quote:
I would check the output of all the objects up to PndTrack to be sure that it really works.

-> If I were in you I would check the output of all the objects up to PndTrack to be sure that it really works.
Previous Topic: Small changes to improve efficiency at low momentum
Next Topic: First check of CATracking
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:13:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00877 seconds