GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » rho-tuple structure
rho-tuple structure [message #17928] Fri, 20 February 2015 10:44 Go to next message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Dear rho-experts,

I am trying to optimize my analysis macro, in rel oct14. The basic analysis tool that I use is /rho/.

In
/PndTools/AnalysisTools/PndRhoTupleQA

I see that several blocks are already prepared with useful variables, and actually I make use and I checked some of those. For example:

qa.qaP4("beam", ini, ntp2);

qa.qaComp("Dsm", DslistM[j], ntp2);

qa.qaDalitz("Dsm", DslistM[j], ntp2);

qa.qaVtx("Dsm", DslistM[j], ntp2);

work properly.

I would like to use also the block: qa.qaRecoFull("Dsm", DslistM[j], ntp2);

Is it correct to inizialize it in such a way? Actually the macro runs, but I do not see the variables which I expect to see in my ntuple, once I write this latter line in my macro. Can anybody of you give help? for example, if I wish to see the distribution of de/dX, or if I wish to have the chi2 and probChi2 distributions inside my ntuple structure (I called it 'ntp2'), what shall I do?

Thank you for your useful help,

Elisabetta
Re: rho-tuple structure [message #17929 is a reply to message #17928] Fri, 20 February 2015 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Dear Elisabetta,

Please give us a snippet of your code, especially where you do the various calls with the QA tool.
The reason is that you don't want to mix logically independent things within the structure of loops. You don't want to write event based variables (multiplicity, best Chi2...) with candidate based variables (momenta etc.). If you have such differing things, you need separate ntuples for that.

On the other hand, try another prefix for the qaRecoFull() call (e.g. "DsmFull") because it may try to overwrite existing variables.

Cheers
Ralf

[Updated on: Fri, 20 February 2015 11:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: rho-tuple structure [message #17930 is a reply to message #17929] Fri, 20 February 2015 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Only one comment: it is always better to use compiled tasks instead of macros. The compiler usually helps on this side, and the processing time is much less.
Re: rho-tuple structure [message #17932 is a reply to message #17929] Fri, 20 February 2015 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hello Ralf,

here I attach a simplified version of my macro, and the pid.root and simparams.root. It is only for 20 generated events, as a test. Even if I change the name for the block qaRecoFull, the variables are not seen in the tree.
I even tried to comment out all blocks, except the block called "qaRecoFull". No way to get those variables in my ntuple. Then, I suspect that I am still missing something.

If you could kindly have a look, it would be great!
As you see, the histogram of the chi2 is filled. I am trying to get the variables of the block "qaTrk", actually.
Thank you in advance,

Elisabetta
Re: rho-tuple structure [message #17935 is a reply to message #17928] Fri, 20 February 2015 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Dear Elisabetta,

I found the problem and there is a patch in the svn trunk. Please use now qa.qaRecoFullTree("Dsm", DslistM[j], ntp2);.

Explanation: You told the QA tool to plot the full Reco information - basically the content of the PndPidCandidate. Unfortunately the PidCands only exist for measured particles, not for composites, such as your D_s. I introduced an iterative loop to fetch the pidcands from all final states of your composite.

Cheers!
Ralf
Re: rho-tuple structure [message #17937 is a reply to message #17935] Sat, 21 February 2015 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Dear Ralf,

I uploaded the package /AnalysisTools/ to the last rev, 27013. Unfortunately ,
your patch is not in. What shall I do in order to get your fixes? which packages shall I update? which trunk revision?

thanks, Elisabetta
Re: rho-tuple structure [message #17938 is a reply to message #17937] Sat, 21 February 2015 21:38 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

The rev with inside the AnalyisTools patch is 27102.
Previous Topic: Using the 4C fit "outside the framework"
Next Topic: MVA in PandaRoot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:02:41 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00942 seconds