GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Meetings » Pattern Recognition Day at Giessen
Pattern Recognition Day at Giessen [message #17841] Thu, 05 February 2015 22:05 Go to next message
Gianluigi Boca is currently offline  Gianluigi Boca
Messages: 177
Registered: March 2004
first-grade participant
From: *pv.infn.it
dear collaborators interested in the Pattern Recognition issues,
you have probably already noticed that in Giessen we'll have all
Monday available for discussions among us, from 9: am until all
afternoon, good !

So I think it is time for us to set up an agenda.

I would like to have a (short) Seevogh to discuss that.....what
about nex Friday 13th at 15:00 hours ??

In the mean time let me write down a tentative agenda based on my
knowledge of the situation now.

We could start with :

1- presentations on the progress by people actively working on the code;

and then discuss on

2- discussion on how to avoid possible double-work on the V0 Pattern Recognition;

3- quality check of the different algorithms : we have already discussed that
in the past; is it possible to have an official version of the task of
association of the MC tracks to the found tracks and an official task
that assess the quality and the speed of the algorithm ?

4- the PR with MVD-GEM : where do we stand and where do we want to go?

5- the Forward PR : where do we stand and where do we want to go?

6- the T0 task : do we want to have such a task and is there anyone available
on working on that ?


Of course those are only my personal ideas, please let me know yours


cheers !


Gianluigi
Re: Pattern Recognition Day at Giessen [message #17864 is a reply to message #17841] Mon, 09 February 2015 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gianluigi Boca is currently offline  Gianluigi Boca
Messages: 177
Registered: March 2004
first-grade participant
From: *pv.infn.it
To those interested in Pattern Recognition Software issues,
I have booked a Seevogh meeting on this Friday February 1th, at 15:00 in order to discuss
briefly the agenda of the Patern Recognition (Mon)day at the Giessen Panda meeting.

Here are the coordinates :

Title: Pattern Recognition Seevogh
Description: setting up the agenda for next Panda meeting
Community: GSI/FAIR
Meeting type: Open Meeting (Round Table)

Meeting Access Information:
SeeVoghRN Application http://research.seevogh.com/joinSRN?meeting=MDMaM82M28DMDM9s9tD99D
WebStart (Java) http://research.seevogh.com/join?meeting=MDMaM82M28DMDM9s9tD99D
Mobile App : Meeting ID: 721 8916 or Link: http://research.seevogh.com/join?meeting=MDMaM82M28DMDM9s9tD99D


- Phone Bridge
ID: 721 8916

Central European Time (+0100)
Start 2015-02-13 14:30
End 2015-02-13 17:30

Japan Standard Time (+0900)
Start 2015-02-13 22:30
End 2015-02-14 01:30

India Standard Time (+0530)
Start 2015-02-13 19:00
End 2015-02-13 22:00

Eastern Standard Time (-0500)
Start 2015-02-13 08:30
End 2015-02-13 11:30

Pacific Standard Time (-0800)
Start 2015-02-13 05:30
End 2015-02-13 08:30

SeeVogh Research Network Phone Bridge Telephone Numbers:
---------------
- USA (Caltech, Pasadena, CA)
+1 626 395 2112

- Slovakia (UPJS, Kosice)
+421 55 234 2420

- Italy (INFN, several cities)
http://server10.infn.it/video/index.php?page=telephone_numbers
Enter '4000' to access the EVO bridge

- Germany (DESY, Hamburg)
+49 40 8998 1340

- USA (BNL, Upton, NY)
+1 631 344 6100

- United Kingdom (Janet, UK)
+44
University of Edinburgh +44 131 474 4520

- Australia (ARCS)
+61
Adelaide 08 8463 1011
Brisbane 07 3139 0705
Canberra 02 6112 8742
Hobart 03 623 70281
Melbourne 03 8685 8362
Perth 08 6461 6718
Sydney 02 8212 4591

- Netherlands (Nikhef, Amsterdam)
+31 20 7165293
Dial '2' at the prompt

- Canada (TRIUMF, Vancouver)
+1 604 222 7700

- Czech Republic (CESNET, Prague)
+420 95 007 2386

- France (RAP, Paris)
+33 144 27 81 50


---------------
If you would like to add a telephone bridge at your institute, please contact SeeVogh team at research@seevogh.com





cheers Gianluigi




Gianluigi Boca wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 22:05
dear collaborators interested in the Pattern Recognition issues,
you have probably already noticed that in Giessen we'll have all
Monday available for discussions among us, from 9: am until all
afternoon, good !

So I think it is time for us to set up an agenda.

I would like to have a (short) Seevogh to discuss that.....what
about nex Friday 13th at 15:00 hours ??

In the mean time let me write down a tentative agenda based on my
knowledge of the situation now.

We could start with :

1- presentations on the progress by people actively working on the code;

and then discuss on

2- discussion on how to avoid possible double-work on the V0 Pattern Recognition;

3- quality check of the different algorithms : we have already discussed that
in the past; is it possible to have an official version of the task of
association of the MC tracks to the found tracks and an official task
that assess the quality and the speed of the algorithm ?

4- the PR with MVD-GEM : where do we stand and where do we want to go?

5- the Forward PR : where do we stand and where do we want to go?

6- the T0 task : do we want to have such a task and is there anyone available
on working on that ?


Of course those are only my personal ideas, please let me know yours


cheers !


Gianluigi

Re: Pattern Recognition Day at Giessen [message #17865 is a reply to message #17864] Mon, 09 February 2015 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gianluigi Boca is currently offline  Gianluigi Boca
Messages: 177
Registered: March 2004
first-grade participant
From: *pv.infn.it
the meeting is on Friday February 13th at 15:00 hours

Gianluigi


Gianluigi Boca wrote on Mon, 09 February 2015 18:51
To those interested in Pattern Recognition Software issues,
I have booked a Seevogh meeting on this Friday February 1th, at 15:00 in order to discuss
briefly the agenda of the Patern Recognition (Mon)day at the Giessen Panda meeting.

Here are the coordinates :

Title: Pattern Recognition Seevogh
Description: setting up the agenda for next Panda meeting
Community: GSI/FAIR
Meeting type: Open Meeting (Round Table)

Meeting Access Information:
SeeVoghRN Application http://research.seevogh.com/joinSRN?meeting=MDMaM82M28DMDM9s9tD99D
WebStart (Java) http://research.seevogh.com/join?meeting=MDMaM82M28DMDM9s9tD99D
Mobile App : Meeting ID: 721 8916 or Link: http://research.seevogh.com/join?meeting=MDMaM82M28DMDM9s9tD99D


- Phone Bridge
ID: 721 8916

Central European Time (+0100)
Start 2015-02-13 14:30
End 2015-02-13 17:30

Japan Standard Time (+0900)
Start 2015-02-13 22:30
End 2015-02-14 01:30

India Standard Time (+0530)
Start 2015-02-13 19:00
End 2015-02-13 22:00

Eastern Standard Time (-0500)
Start 2015-02-13 08:30
End 2015-02-13 11:30

Pacific Standard Time (-0800)
Start 2015-02-13 05:30
End 2015-02-13 08:30

SeeVogh Research Network Phone Bridge Telephone Numbers:
---------------
- USA (Caltech, Pasadena, CA)
+1 626 395 2112

- Slovakia (UPJS, Kosice)
+421 55 234 2420

- Italy (INFN, several cities)
http://server10.infn.it/video/index.php?page=telephone_numbers
Enter '4000' to access the EVO bridge

- Germany (DESY, Hamburg)
+49 40 8998 1340

- USA (BNL, Upton, NY)
+1 631 344 6100

- United Kingdom (Janet, UK)
+44
University of Edinburgh +44 131 474 4520

- Australia (ARCS)
+61
Adelaide 08 8463 1011
Brisbane 07 3139 0705
Canberra 02 6112 8742
Hobart 03 623 70281
Melbourne 03 8685 8362
Perth 08 6461 6718
Sydney 02 8212 4591

- Netherlands (Nikhef, Amsterdam)
+31 20 7165293
Dial '2' at the prompt

- Canada (TRIUMF, Vancouver)
+1 604 222 7700

- Czech Republic (CESNET, Prague)
+420 95 007 2386

- France (RAP, Paris)
+33 144 27 81 50


---------------
If you would like to add a telephone bridge at your institute, please contact SeeVogh team at research@seevogh.com





cheers Gianluigi




Gianluigi Boca wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 22:05
dear collaborators interested in the Pattern Recognition issues,
you have probably already noticed that in Giessen we'll have all
Monday available for discussions among us, from 9: am until all
afternoon, good !

So I think it is time for us to set up an agenda.

I would like to have a (short) Seevogh to discuss that.....what
about nex Friday 13th at 15:00 hours ??

In the mean time let me write down a tentative agenda based on my
knowledge of the situation now.

We could start with :

1- presentations on the progress by people actively working on the code;

and then discuss on

2- discussion on how to avoid possible double-work on the V0 Pattern Recognition;

3- quality check of the different algorithms : we have already discussed that
in the past; is it possible to have an official version of the task of
association of the MC tracks to the found tracks and an official task
that assess the quality and the speed of the algorithm ?

4- the PR with MVD-GEM : where do we stand and where do we want to go?

5- the Forward PR : where do we stand and where do we want to go?

6- the T0 task : do we want to have such a task and is there anyone available
on working on that ?


Of course those are only my personal ideas, please let me know yours


cheers !


Gianluigi


Re: Pattern Recognition Day at Giessen [message #17899 is a reply to message #17841] Sat, 14 February 2015 21:52 Go to previous message
Gianluigi Boca is currently offline  Gianluigi Boca
Messages: 177
Registered: March 2004
first-grade participant
From: *pv.infn.it
dear collaborators, after yesterday's Evo meeting this is the General agenda
of the Pattern Recognition Day in Gieessen, slightly modified after the received suggestions:

1- presentations on the progress by people actively working on the code;

2- discussion on how to avoid possible double-work on the V0 Pattern Recognition;

3- quality check of the different algorithms : we have already discussed that
in the past; is it possible to have an official version of the task of
association of the MC tracks to the found tracks and an official task
that assess the quality and the speed of the algorithm ?

4- common tracking tools (Kalman etc.);

5- the Forward PR : where do we stand and where do we want to go?

6- the T0 task : do we want to have such a task and is there anyone available
on working on that ?

7- the PR with MVD-GEM : where do we stand and where do we want to go?

Please when ou are ready send me the title of your presentations so that I can set up
also the timetable.

Cheers !


Gianluigi
Previous Topic: Software meeting, Tuesday, 3rd of February, 14:00 CET
Next Topic: Software meeting, Tuesday, 17th of February, 10:00 CET
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Jul 14 05:49:30 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00799 seconds