GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » True vertex position for secondary decay vertices
True vertex position for secondary decay vertices [message #17737] Mon, 12 January 2015 21:31 Go to next message
Ajay Kumar is currently offline  Ajay Kumar
continuous participant

Dear All,

I am trying to find true vertex position for Lambda0->p pi- and Lambdabar->pbar pi+. I have four track from the simulation and used PndMCTrack to find the true vertex position of Lambda and Lambdabar particles. I am using GetStartVertex() to find the vertex of lambda from its decay particle as below.

if(mctrack->GetSecondMotherID()==1){
if (mc_pid==2212)
{
vtx_x= mctrack->GetStartVertex().X ();
vtx_y= mctrack->GetStartVertex().Y();
vtx_z= mctrack->GetStartVertex().Z();
// r = sqrt(pow(vtx_x,2)+pow(vtx_y,2));
// countT1++;
//rzp-> Fill(vtx_z,r);
// if (vtx_z< 40)
// countT2++;

}
}
Is It giving the true vertex position of Lambda or not?
If not then how I should go for it?

Thanking you

AJAY KUMAR
Research scholar
Indian Institute of Technology Indore,Indore
Madhya Pradesh
India
Re: True vertex position for secondary decay vertices [message #17738 is a reply to message #17737] Tue, 13 January 2015 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Dear Ajay,

I think Lambda->GetStartVertex() gives you the true creation vertex of the Lambda, but you probably are looking for the decay vertex of it. For that you should use the GetStartVertex method for one of its true daughters, i.e. the proton or the pion (which both should have the same start vertex as cross check).

Best,
Klaus
Re: True vertex position for secondary decay vertices [message #17741 is a reply to message #17738] Tue, 13 January 2015 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajay Kumar is currently offline  Ajay Kumar
continuous participant

Dear Klaus,

Thank you for your quiick reply.
As you suggested, I have used the the daughter particles of Lambda and Lambdabar to find their real decay vertex. I have ploted Z vs R distribution for final state particles p and pi- or pbar and pi+ respectively for Lambda and Lambdabar. the distribution looks same but there is difference in entries for the decay particles. I have attached the pdf file. please have a look and suggest me if it is wrong.

Thanking you.

AJAY KUMAR
Research scholar
Indian Institute of Technology Indore,Indore
Madhya Pradesh
India
Re: True vertex position for secondary decay vertices [message #17746 is a reply to message #17741] Tue, 13 January 2015 15:28 Go to previous message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Hi Ajay,

without your exact macro code I can't say why there are different number of entries. To check whether it's reasonable, you can plot the c tau distributions and the fit nominal c tau0 (should be 7.89 cm for Lambda).

Best,
Klaus
Previous Topic: Efficiency reduction of antiprotons above 20 degrees
Next Topic: Quick analysis tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:54:42 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01081 seconds