GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » MHTDC of the AgataTime crate
MHTDC of the AgataTime crate [message #17700] Tue, 30 December 2014 12:23 Go to next message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

Hi all,

Before I start, I would like to wish you all a happy new year. I hope those who are at their thesis stage will succeed to finish it!

I have discussed with Michael before in another topic and I still have suspicions on the spectra of the MHTDC of the AgataTime crate.

May I ask you to post here your spectra for all crystals after the selection of the best hit and alignment, it could be very helpful for me to see how is the situation in your cases.

Thank you in advance!
Tayfun

P.S. I don't if this message is more suitable to this topic. Please let me know if it is so, then I could try to move it there.

edit: I'm sorry for making a mistake. I wrote User crate while I was intending to write AgataTime crate. So, I edited the title and the message body by putting the proper crate name.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 January 2015 15:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MHTDC of the AgataTime crate [message #17948 is a reply to message #17700] Thu, 26 February 2015 12:18 Go to previous message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

I just figured out that the reference signal from the Sci4.1 standard scintillator comes to AGATATimeCrate MHTDC module has some kind of reflection.

I checked the correlation of this signal with the Sci4.1 signal at USER crate MHTDC, and got the following plot:
index.php?t=getfile&id=8295&private=0

Where the x-axis and y-axis are the Sci4.1 at the USER crate and the AGATA time crate MHTDCs, respectively.

I would expect to see one "sharp" diagonal line in the perfect conditions, because this is just a comparison of the same signal that come from different modules. But, the reflection-like structure is clearly seen along the y-axis, which represents the Sci4.1 signal at the AGATA time crate MHTDC.

For those who put the time condition on the MHTDC might be interested in this information.

With this motivation, I started to use the Sci4.1 reference from the USER crate to get particle-gamma times from the AGATA crate. I suppose the whole setup is synchronized, therefore, I don't think that the use of the signals from different modules would create any complication. But, of course, a more experienced person who has better knowledge on the setup would confirm or disprove my assumption, and this would be very appreciated.

Cheers,
Tayfun
Previous Topic: PSA-hit Energy
Next Topic: Positions.config
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:03:44 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00837 seconds