GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » New CoreTracking Algorithm
New CoreTracking Algorithm [message #17689] Mon, 22 December 2014 10:05 Go to next message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

Dear All,

I updated my code according to the modification on the Gamma Tracking Core algorithm which we have been notified with this post by Michael.

After the update, I started to get the following message which is very disturbing:

GammaTrackingCoreor Agata/GammaTrackingCore : GammaTrackingCore::GammaTrackingCore(): input arrays (core_e and core_t) have different lengths! Please check! 

What does this exactly mean?

Thanks and have a pleasant holiday season to all!
Tayfun

Re: New CoreTracking Algorithm [message #17692 is a reply to message #17689] Mon, 22 December 2014 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miree is currently offline  miree
continuous participant
Hi,

A complete gamma-event consists of the following information for each single crystal:
-core energy
-core particle-gamma time
-list of psa-hits: (x1,y1,z1,e1, x2,y2,z2,e2, ...)

in some cases, there is some information missing and it is impossible to create the particle-gamma time.
The resulting event isn't complete. The New implementation of the core tracking complains if it sees such
an incomplete event and doesn't proceed.

If the output is disturbing, you can simply remove that output in the code (in GammaTrackingCore.cpp).
It stats with "std::cerr << ...."

Cheers,
Michael
Re: New CoreTracking Algorithm [message #17693 is a reply to message #17692] Mon, 22 December 2014 13:13 Go to previous message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the answer.

The output itself is not disturbing but I was disturbed what it could possibly mean. It says "check", but I don't know what to check.

Nevermind, the message appears only couple of times in one replay of a 4GB adf file. I assume that this can be ignorable.

Cheers,
Tayfun
Previous Topic: prespec on the GRID: How do I use the GRID?
Next Topic: Lycca mh-TDC scintillators analysis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:56:05 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00779 seconds