GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Event Generators » Ftf Direct Generator
Ftf Direct Generator [message #17641] Fri, 05 December 2014 13:50 Go to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi all,

I added a PndFtfDirect generator, similar to the DPM case. Have a go and tell if you find any bugs.

TString macfile = gSystem->Getenv("VMCWORKDIR");
        macfile += "/pgenerators/FtfEvtGen/PbarP.mac";
        PndFtfDirect *Ftf = new PndFtfDirect(macfile.Data());
        primGen->AddGenerator(Ftf);

Cheers
Ralf
Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17839 is a reply to message #17641] Thu, 05 February 2015 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi everyone,

There is now an option to cut out all pbar-p elastic events from the generator (thanks to Anastasia). To activate, simple add a line containting "#noElastics" in your .mac configuration file.

Cheers
Ralf
Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17842 is a reply to message #17839] Fri, 06 February 2015 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anastasia Karavdina is currently offline  Anastasia Karavdina
continuous participant

Hi Ralf,
Thanks a lot for adding this feature and spending your time for Ftf Direct!
I tried to run small test, but for some reason FtfEvtGen is not complied by default. I added it manually in CMakeLists, recompiled the pandaroot and in new attempt to run the macro I got following error:
dlopen error: /home/karavdin/pandaroot13/buildPanda/lib/libFtfGenDirect.so: undefined symbol: aDynamicParticleAllocator
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /home/karavdin/pandaroot13/buildPanda/lib/libFtfGenDirect.so
Error in <TCint::AutoLoadCallback>: failure loading library FtfGenDirect for class PndFtfDirect

Do you maybe have idea how to fix it?
Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17848 is a reply to message #17842] Fri, 06 February 2015 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi Anastasia,

I activated the auto-compilation of FTF and sixed the dependencies. With macro/run/run_fast.C (you have to activate ftf) I get an MC PID distribution of:
index.php?t=getfile&id=8272&private=0

Cheers
Ralf
  • Attachment: Canvas_1.jpg
    (Size: 18.65KB, Downloaded 380 times)
Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17850 is a reply to message #17848] Fri, 06 February 2015 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
the last commit does not compile:

/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/FtfEvtGen_exe.dir/main.cc.o: undefined reference to symbol '_ZN13G4NistManager8InstanceEv'
/usr/bin/ld: note: '_ZN13G4NistManager8InstanceEv' is defined in DSO /cvmfs/fairroot.gsi.de/fairsoft/apr13/lib/libG4materials.so so try adding it to the linker command line
/cvmfs/fairroot.gsi.de/fairsoft/apr13/lib/libG4materials.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17851 is a reply to message #17850] Fri, 06 February 2015 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Which externals? Git or not?

Cheers
Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17853 is a reply to message #17851] Fri, 06 February 2015 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Not.
Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17854 is a reply to message #17850] Fri, 06 February 2015 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant

I got the same error message as Stefano on Ubuntu 14 and on Scientific Linux 6.0 it works just fine. In both cases I have apr13 externals.
Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17855 is a reply to message #17641] Fri, 06 February 2015 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Well,
I added the suggested dependency to the CMakeLists. Today I learned from the FairSoft team that there are some issues on some Ubuntu distributions. Why ever that may be...

Cheers

Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17856 is a reply to message #17855] Fri, 06 February 2015 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

According to the dashboard it is still not compiling:

http://cdash.gsi.de/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=44224
Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17857 is a reply to message #17641] Fri, 06 February 2015 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi.
I had to switch off the executable. So, people will have to compile it still by themselves.

Ralf
Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17871 is a reply to message #17857] Wed, 11 February 2015 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant

Hi Ralf,
Do I understand correctly that for change of the beam momentum value in simulation with FTFDirect one has to modify *.mac file?
Is it possible to change this parameter from the simulation macro?

Cheers,
Anastasia
Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17872 is a reply to message #17871] Wed, 11 February 2015 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi Anastasia,

You're right that would be convenient. I'll make something.

Ralf
Re: Ftf Direct Generator [message #17874 is a reply to message #17641] Wed, 11 February 2015 17:27 Go to previous message
first-grade participant

Hi Anastasia,

You can configure now the FtfDirect in the macro. See below.

PndFtfDirect *Ftf = new PndFtfDirect("anti_proton", "G4_H", 1, "ftfp", mom, 123456);
    primGen->AddGenerator(Ftf);

Cheers
Ralf
Previous Topic: Event filter II
Next Topic: Ftf direct crashes during initialisation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:54:23 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00984 seconds