GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » Positioning of the mechanics
Positioning of the mechanics [message #17299] Tue, 16 September 2014 16:26 Go to next message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

Hi All, especially Damian Smile

Andres mentioned me that there was a shift on the mechanics and it affects the position of the target chamber. In fact, it is crucial for the Doppler shift calculation. So, do you (or does anybody) remember anything about it and how much was the shift and in which direction?

Thank you!
Re: Positioning of the mechanics [message #17307 is a reply to message #17299] Wed, 17 September 2014 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damian Ralet
continuous participant
Hi Tayfun,

The mechanic can be indeed not perfectly aligned. But the shift should be small (few mm).
The same can be expected from the target position, where the center can be slightly shift (2 mm for me).
The way I got the shift, is using the doppler corrected X-rays spectra. It is of course not optimum since energy is low, but it gives a starting point for future gamma.

Cheers,
Damian
Re: Positioning of the mechanics [message #17319 is a reply to message #17307] Fri, 19 September 2014 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant

Hi Damian,

Thanks for the answer. Then there was no dramatic shift during the campaigns in 2012.

I would like to ask you further questions just to understand better your technique:
Do you use the central contact of each crystal for the X-ray analysis or do you run the PSA? In case of using the central contact, how do you deal with the position resolution in the crystals?

Thank you very much in advance!
Tayfun
Re: Positioning of the mechanics [message #17320 is a reply to message #17299] Fri, 19 September 2014 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damian Ralet
continuous participant
Hi Tayfun,

I hope not for the huge shift ^^

I am using the PSA interaction positions. I know it is not optimum at the moment, but it was fine for a rough tuning.
I still have to improve PSA, and get this procedure done again, most probably with a gamma line (which is easier for tunning if statistic is sufficient).
The other solution, is to use the segment center to doppler correct the spectra. I did not try it for X-rays, and I am not sure it is a any helps to have a big error on position to do a fine tunning of the position of the target.

Damian
Re: Positioning of the mechanics [message #18062 is a reply to message #17299] Wed, 25 March 2015 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plamen Boutachkov is currently offline  Plamen Boutachkov
occasional visitor
Dear Tayfun,
Just saw your post. The information you refer to is at in the AGATA elog. Currently assesable under:

https://lxagata0.ganil.fr:8989/Infrastructure-GSI/

Regards,
Plamen
Re: Positioning of the mechanics [message #18063 is a reply to message #17299] Wed, 25 March 2015 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant

Hi Plamen,

thanks a lot for your reply.

Could you confirm that after taking these precise measurements using LASER beam, you didn't find out any shift in the target chamber position?

Thanks,
Tayfun
Re: Positioning of the mechanics [message #18074 is a reply to message #17299] Thu, 26 March 2015 11:50 Go to previous message
continuous participant

Hi Plamen, again,

After looking at this page more carefuly, I noticed that the shift I am concerned about might not be due to the target chamber, but the AGATA frame.

What does exactly mean "beam left"? Is it 13 mm shift in the +x axis of the FRS coord. system?

Thanks!
Tayfun
Previous Topic: Positions.config
Next Topic: Trigger OR
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:27:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00801 seconds