GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » Regarding Pid by Stof+Ftof
Regarding Pid by Stof+Ftof [message #17135] Wed, 06 August 2014 08:49 Go to next message
Shyam Kumar is currently offline  Shyam Kumar
continuous participant
Hi,
I am simulating kaons for the improvement the cuts and plots by Stof+Ftof. I was seeing very few kaons are detected as Ftof is at 7 m and stof is at 3.8 m approx.. So I am seeing very few kaons (less) in (band).

Thank You
Shyam

[Updated on: Thu, 07 August 2014 17:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Regarding Pid by Stof+Ftof [message #17237 is a reply to message #17135] Thu, 04 September 2014 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Hi Shyam,

I think the number of kaons you observe forward strongly depends on the channel you are studying. Could you provide some more details about your studies, perhaps also some plots with momentum and angular distributions of your kaons?

Best,
Klaus
Re: Regarding Pid by Stof+Ftof [message #17238 is a reply to message #17237] Thu, 04 September 2014 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Klaus,
Thank you for reply , I am using dpm elastic and inelastic collisons at momentum 15.0 GeV/c, I have used the class PndPidFtofInfo.cxx which was for Ftof but I have changed it (written in comment "changed for stof") for Ftof+Stof by changing cut (code attached). I am optimizing pid for values of FtofCut and FTS3LastPlane I used in code. I am feeling problem that I am seeing pion band and proton band but not seeing any kaon band and also in mass square plot why?, In this plot I have used FTS3LastPlane =467 cm and FtofCut=36 cm^2.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 September 2014 08:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Regarding Pid by Stof+Ftof [message #17239 is a reply to message #17237] Thu, 04 September 2014 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Shyam,

yes, it is known that DPM doesn't produce a high level of kaons. You should better use some signal channels comprising more kaons (e.g. phi, D mesons, Lambda_c baryons, etc) at different energies and study the improvement in efficiency when adding your detector. Considering a variation of channels it important to check for different kinematic situations. Under

https://subversion.gsi.de/trac/fairroot/browser/pandaroot/trunk/macro/so ftrig/decfiles
https://subversion.gsi.de/trac/fairroot/browser/pandaroot/trunk/macro/so ftrig/decfiles/mode_codes_softtrigger.txt

you can find various EvtGen decay files we used for our trigger studies.

Best,
Klaus
Re: Regarding Pid by Stof+Ftof [message #17240 is a reply to message #17239] Thu, 04 September 2014 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi,
I will do the study by using the decay channel. Is it possible by using box generator (using kaon pdg code) by restricting the angle theta by consideing the angular acceptance of detector.

Thank you
Shyam
Re: Regarding Pid by Stof+Ftof [message #17241 is a reply to message #17239] Thu, 04 September 2014 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi,

of course box generator is an option to shoot kaons forward. However this does not give you information about the fraction of kaons which occupy the forward phase space (if this is what you wanted to investigate). If you want to check separability of pions/kaons/protons in Ftof, box generator is clearly the better choice.

Best,
Klaus
Re: Regarding Pid by Stof+Ftof [message #17242 is a reply to message #17241] Thu, 04 September 2014 12:19 Go to previous message
continuous participant
Thanks Klaus,
I will do it using both options box generator and decay channel.
Previous Topic: pbar p cross section data
Next Topic: Software Questionnaire
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:37:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01022 seconds