GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Small changes to improve efficiency at low momentum
Small changes to improve efficiency at low momentum [message #17087] Tue, 22 July 2014 14:43 Go to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Dear all,
I did three small changes which should improve a bit the efficiency for low momentum tracks.

a) The sttmvdgem ideal track fidner now considers only the first 25 hits, to cut curling tracks.
b) The geane internal cut on 100MeV/c is now decreased to 5MeV/c
c) The Pid candidates are filled starting from 50 MeV/c (before from 100 MeV/c)

It would be nice if somebody could test to check how much is the gain.
Re: Small changes to improve efficiency at low momentum [message #17088 is a reply to message #17087] Tue, 22 July 2014 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano,

I will try the new trunk update. In the meantime, as I cannot attend the pandaroot meeting, tomorrow, I send you one slide.
I show here a test which I performed in testing the trunk which I had used 2 months ago, and the recent trunk rev 25545, to reconstruct the missing mass of Ds- in the decay process pbarp to Ds- Ds(XXX).

In the new trunk revision, the three peaks in input are well seen; in the old revision, I got troubles.
Thank you to fix the problems with the emc and gem. Now it works pretty good!

My best, Elisabetta
Re: Small changes to improve efficiency at low momentum [message #18236 is a reply to message #17088] Fri, 15 May 2015 12:03 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

The condition:
Quote:

a) The sttmvdgem ideal track fidner now considers only the first 25 hits, to cut curling tracks.

has been removed, since it contains some logical problem.
Previous Topic: Backpropagation in Kalman Filter
Next Topic: Problem with Invariant mass distribution of D0 and D* candidates while using different tracking code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:36:44 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00779 seconds