GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » NUSTAR » NUSTAR PRESPEC » Welcome (Welcome)
Welcome [message #16905] Wed, 02 July 2014 15:53 Go to next message
miree is currently offline  miree
continuous participant
This forum is for public discussions, questions, help, etc., related to the analysis of PreSPEC-AGATA data.
I hope it will help getting results out of the data.

Michael
Re: Welcome [message #16908 is a reply to message #16905] Wed, 02 July 2014 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
test
Re: Welcome [message #16927 is a reply to message #16908] Thu, 03 July 2014 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mlcortes is currently offline  mlcortes
continuous participant
Test.. do you get notifications?

Li^2
Re: Welcome [message #16928 is a reply to message #16905] Thu, 03 July 2014 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Yes I did
Re: Welcome [message #17156 is a reply to message #16905] Mon, 11 August 2014 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thuyuk is currently offline  thuyuk
continuous participant

I humbly suggest you to start a thread which has the release notes inside. In this way, the users could be aware of the new updates, could upgrade their release, and could know what are the changes with respect to the previous release. And maybe starting to give a version number to each release, and indicate it in the folder name "prespec", like prespec-0.1.2345 are good ideas. So the users can follow the upgrades easier.

Well, I'm just saying, you are the owners!
Re: Welcome [message #17157 is a reply to message #17156] Mon, 11 August 2014 18:18 Go to previous message
continuous participant
You can just update your local copy of the repository by typing "git pull origin master" from time to time.
Every commit to the code has a short message of what was done (I admit that the commit messages are sometimes not too informative). You can read the history of commit messages to get an idea of what was done.

However, I think it is a good idea to post some infos about the changes whenever someone pushes to the repository (located at agatagsi (at) lx-pool.gsi.de:git/prespec). Perhaps with a bit more details than in the commit message.

About versions: The framework is done in a way that you can add functionality without changing existing functionality. As long as nobody modifies processors in a way that changes their behavior in existing analysis scripts, we all can pull safely and work with the most recent version. So I don't see an urgent need for version numbers.
Previous Topic: Elog new URL
Next Topic: FINGER ToF detector
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:23:43 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01093 seconds