GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] Compilation Problem PndLmdDataFacade.cxx on SLC 5.10 (Boron)
[FIXED] Compilation Problem PndLmdDataFacade.cxx on SLC 5.10 (Boron) [message #16891] Tue, 01 July 2014 20:11 Go to next message
MartinJGaluska is currently offline  MartinJGaluska
first-grade participant
Dear all,

I get a compilation error for the latest trunk on our local cluster using externals apr13.
Here is the relevant part, below you find more details.

/home/panda/pandaroot_jul14/trunk/lmd/LmdFit/LumiImpl/data/PndLmdDataFacade.cxx: In member function 'void PndLmdDataFacade::addFileList(std::string)':
/home/panda/pandaroot_jul14/trunk/lmd/LmdFit/LumiImpl/data/PndLmdDataFacade.cxx:58: error: no matching function for call to 'std::basic_ifstream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::basic_ifstream(std::string&)'
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/fstream:442: note: candidates are: std::basic_ifstream<_CharT, _Traits>::basic_ifstream(const char*, std::_Ios_Openmode) [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>]
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/fstream:428: note:                 std::basic_ifstream<_CharT, _Traits>::basic_ifstream() [with _CharT = char, _Traits = std::char_traits<char>]
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/iosfwd:89: note:                 std::basic_ifstream<char, std::char_traits<char> >::basic_ifstream(const std::basic_ifstream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&)

Toggle Spoiler

I assume the reason is an old version of gcc. Is there any work-around? Can I safely comment out some part of PandaRoot to get the latest trunk to compile and run some simulations on our cluster?
Or do I have to update gcc (or possibly the whole system)? (This is probably not even possible as the machines are also used for other purposes...)

Here some more info about the operating system:
$ uname -srv
Linux 2.6.18-371.4.1.el5 #1 SMP Thu Jan 30 13:11:18 CET 2014
$ cat /etc/*-release*
Scientific Linux CERN SLC release 5.10 (Boron)

Kind regards,
Martin

[Updated on: Wed, 02 July 2014 22:29] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Compilation Problem PndLmdDataFacade.cxx on SLC 5.10 (Boron) [message #16892 is a reply to message #16891] Tue, 01 July 2014 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

I would suggest to comment out lmd from the global cmakelist.
Re: Compilation Problem PndLmdDataFacade.cxx on SLC 5.10 (Boron) [message #16902 is a reply to message #16891] Wed, 02 July 2014 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan Pflueger is currently offline  Stefan Pflueger
continuous participant
Hi Martin,

you must have an older compiler that does not support c++11, in which the constructor does not accepted a std::string as an argument. I fixed it in the current trunk. Sry that I missed that.

Best regards,

Stefan
Re: Compilation Problem PndLmdDataFacade.cxx on SLC 5.10 (Boron) [message #16922 is a reply to message #16902] Wed, 02 July 2014 19:17 Go to previous message
MartinJGaluska is currently offline  MartinJGaluska
first-grade participant
Hello Stefan,

thank you very much for the fix!

Stefano's suggestion of uncommenting worked also, but it feels better not to leave out any part of the code. Smile

Kind regards,
Martin
Previous Topic: [FIXED] Compilation problem FairFilteredPrimaryGenerator
Next Topic: [WONTBEFIXED] Error messages in macro/run scripts with Rev: 25503
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:54:32 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00721 seconds