GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » pbar p cross section data
pbar p cross section data [message #16796] Mon, 16 June 2014 16:18 Go to next message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Hi all,

in case you are looking for possible backgrounds for your physics analysis signal channel or simply are interested in current pbarp cross section data for some channels, I created a tool which allows you to browse through available data (limited to rather well measured and strong channels). It also lets you search for channels similar to a given final state or compare experimental cross-section data with DPM cross sections.

You can find it here: http://lxpndwww.gsi.de/pbarx/

Best,
Klaus
Re: pbar p cross section data [message #16797 is a reply to message #16796] Mon, 16 June 2014 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MartinJGaluska is currently offline  MartinJGaluska
first-grade participant
Hello Klaus,

that is a great website / feature.

One suggestion:

Quote:

Fields '+chrg' and '+neut' are the number of additionally allow charged or neutrals in a possible background reaction to be listed.

After I first read this description, I was not sure how the two numbers will be interpreted and I had to play with the settings to figure it out. Adding max. in the description possibly makes it a little easier to be interpreted correctly.

Quote:

Fields '+chrg' / '+neut' are the max. number of additionally allowed charged / neutral particles in a possible background reaction to be listed.

Kind regards,
Martin

[Updated on: Mon, 16 June 2014 16:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: pbar p cross section data [message #16798 is a reply to message #16796] Mon, 16 June 2014 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Martin,

thanks for the suggestion!

Best,
Klaus
Re: pbar p cross section data [message #16799 is a reply to message #16796] Mon, 16 June 2014 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

a very nice tool... thx,

Johan.
Re: pbar p cross section data [message #17226 is a reply to message #16796] Sat, 30 August 2014 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anastasia Karavdina is currently offline  Anastasia Karavdina
continuous participant

Dear Klaus,
Thank you very much for such nice and very useful tool! But I have at least one question: what is the source for the data? On the page I found the references:
[1] CERN HERA 84-01
[2] PANDA Note 'Classification of Pbar P induced reactions', A. Dbeyssi et al

If they are the source, I wonder did you insert all data manually? Smile
Re: pbar p cross section data [message #17227 is a reply to message #17226] Sat, 30 August 2014 21:19 Go to previous message
first-grade participant
Dear Anastasia,

thanks! Partially I got electronic data from Alaa (the part which is in his publication), the rest I indeed put in by hand from ref [1]. Unfortunately it's not as complete as I'd liked to have it. If you need the data electronically you should either be able to copy it from the tool (this is the reason why I list it for each individual channel), or I can send it to you via e-mail.

Best,
Klaus
Previous Topic: Pid by SideTof
Next Topic: Regarding Pid by Stof+Ftof
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:44:15 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00813 seconds