GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Event Generators » Lambda-Lambdabar model in EvtGen
Lambda-Lambdabar model in EvtGen [message #16172] Wed, 02 April 2014 01:09 Go to next message
donghee is currently offline  donghee
first-grade participant
Hi,

To do more realistic MC simulation for lambda lambdabar production, I have a look the EvtLambdaLambdaBar.cpp.
Below 2.5 GeV the parameterization is not valid any more. I am wondering that this private model can be used with P_beam > 3GeV?

In DPM MC, anti-lambda would be boosted into the forward direction, that is reported by FTOP group report in last collaboration meeting.
I am wondering whether an effective way to have such effect within EvtGen and can control in generator level specially with EvtGen framework or not?

There are also three different models in EvtGen/Private with "", "HE" and "Pol", I guess some polarization effect can be controlled with some option.
Where can I find the instruction or reference for these Models.
Could you make some comment on that?

Best wishes,
Donghee

[Updated on: Wed, 02 April 2014 01:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Lambda-Lambdabar model in EvtGen [message #16173 is a reply to message #16172] Wed, 02 April 2014 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

What does it mean that the EvtLambdaLambdaBar is not valid anymore below 2.5 GeV/c?
Re: Lambda-Lambdabar model in EvtGen [message #16174 is a reply to message #16172] Wed, 02 April 2014 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donghee is currently offline  donghee
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano,

I misunderstood and misread the EvtLambdaLambdaBar code.
Above 2.5 GeV and below 2.5 GeV has only different parameterization, all pbar beam momentum ranges are correctly handled in the code.
The momentums in lambdabar and lambda simulation data are asymmetrically distributed as I expect.

However, I assume that EvtLambdaLambdaBarPol is the most advanced version for l lbar production. Is it correct?

Best regards,
Donghee

Re: Lambda-Lambdabar model in EvtGen [message #16175 is a reply to message #16174] Wed, 02 April 2014 11:00 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

EvtLambdaLambdaBarPol works only for low momenta (< 2.5 GeV/c). It is setting also the spin density, which is not set in the EvtLambdaLambdaBar model.
Previous Topic: No old EVtGen anymore
Next Topic: Question about the EvtSpinDensity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:38:56 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00750 seconds