GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » How to start
How to start [message #16064] Wed, 26 March 2014 12:46 Go to next message
ForamShah is currently offline  ForamShah
continuous participant
hi,
i am trying to do simulation of x(3872).for that i create my own decay file & simulation,digitization,rec.,ana.,pid.,for that i take the files given in apr13 tutorial and make necessary changes & try to run it & it's running.My question is that what files i am taking from apr13 ,is this a correct way? what will be the change if i take this files from pandaroot/macro/run? where to actully take files from &what difference it will make??

[Updated on: Tue, 01 April 2014 09:26] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: general [message #16066 is a reply to message #16064] Wed, 26 March 2014 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Dear Foram,

please provide more detailed information about what you like to do in Pandaroot, otherwise it is difficult to try to help. Here I just take a guess on what are your concerns.

1) As Stefano suggested, it is better to move to the last trunk and proceed as suggested here:
https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/pub/Computing/Minutes24March2014/Goetz en_FastSim_Mar2014.pdf

So, please update your release, as here I see that you are using the old apr13.

2) which decay are you simulating? here you say X(3872). So, pbar p ---> X(3872) ---> (?)
you should be warned that other people in PANDA already tried the simulation of X(3872) --->J/psi pi pi, with nice results [Martin Galuska]. It would be easier/faster for you to take a look on what they already did.

3) you calculate the invariant mass (whatever is your final state. I guess: it is always X to J/psi pi pi) in the analysis macro.

You first simulate you decay (no need to re-invent a file.dec, if it already exists); then you digitize; then you reconstruct your events. Then you use the pid macro. Last step is to run you own analysis macro, depending what you wish to look at (mass, momentum, energy, resolution,....,whatever selection variable you can build). Macros must be run exactly in this order, as suggested in the tutorial.

4) as Stefano suggested, the updated macros are in /macro/run/

5) make sure not to run too many events in the same file. Suggestion Nevent = 2000/each job.

cheers, Elisabetta
Re: general [message #16067 is a reply to message #16066] Wed, 26 March 2014 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ForamShah is currently offline  ForamShah
continuous participant
hi,
i am also having jan14 installed would it be better for me to use that ?
my decay channel is pbarpsystem---x(3872)--omega j/psi & j/psi--e+ e-
what is the difference if i take sim,dig,rec,ana,pid files from pandaroot/macro/run or from release jan14/apr13
Re: general [message #16068 is a reply to message #16067] Wed, 26 March 2014 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elisabetta Prencipe (2) is currently offline  Elisabetta Prencipe (2)
first-grade participant
Hi Foram,

pandaroot is in development; clearly jan14 is better than apr13: more bugs are fixed Smile
The suggestion is to use the last update version. Nice to hear that somebody is trying other X decays!

Elisabetta
Re: general [message #16069 is a reply to message #16064] Wed, 26 March 2014 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

The tutorial to follow is the one in https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/foswiki/bin/view/Computing/PandaRootRhoTutoria l
Re: general [message #16070 is a reply to message #16067] Wed, 26 March 2014 13:25 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

In wiki:

https://panda-wiki.gsi.de/cgi-bin/view/Computing/PandaRoot

You can see that:

Suggested version of the code 

• External packages apr13 
• PandaRoot release jan14 
• (updated on 02/02/2014) 

You could also use the last trunk, if you want to check fast simulation.
Previous Topic: download error
Next Topic: Regarding digitization of start detector of diamond
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:59:14 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01010 seconds