GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » EMC » About FairGeanePro
About FairGeanePro [message #15561] Thu, 10 October 2013 18:20 Go to next message
Jifeng Hu is currently offline  Jifeng Hu
continuous participant
Hi, All,
who has experiences of FairGeanePro propagation, please have a look at my usage and results, I think I got some wrong results.
For 2 GeV momentum pion from the origin (0,0,0), isotropically generated, the flying path is expected to be the EMC shower center position. To do that, the codes are listed (see also PndPidCorrelator.cxx ):

0. Bool_t PndPidCorrelator::GetEmcInfo(FairTrackParH* helix, PndPidCandidate* pidCand) {
1. FairGeanePro *fProEmc = new FairGeanePro();
2. for (Int_t ee = 0; ee<emcEntries; ee++){
3. PndEmcCluster *emcHit = (PndEmcCluster*)fEmcCluster->At(ee);
4. TVector3 emcPos = emcHit->where();
5. fProEmc->SetPoint(emcPos);
6. fProEmc->PropagateToPCA(1, 1);
7. FairTrackParH *fRes= new FairTrackParH();
8. Bool_t rc = fProEmc->Propagate(helix, fRes, fPidHyp*pidCand->GetCharge()); // First propagation at module
9. if (!rc) continue;
10. emcGLength = fProEmc->GetLengthAtPCA();
11. }
22.}

emcGLength is extracted as the flying path. see its distribution in barrel.eps for Barrel Calorimeter, and so on.
see the Panda TDR:
http://www-panda.gsi.de/archive/public/panda_tpr.pdf

the geometry tell us the flying path is wrong.
Someone can tell me where I incorrectly make use of FairGeanePro class.

• Attachment: backward.eps
    (Size: 10.72KB, Downloaded 337 times)
  • Attachment: forward.eps
    (Size: 35.28KB, Downloaded 348 times)
  • Attachment: barrel.eps
    (Size: 328.60KB, Downloaded 357 times)
  • Attachment: shashylik.eps
    (Size: 17.37KB, Downloaded 361 times)
Re: About FairGeanePro [message #15562 is a reply to message #15561] Thu, 10 October 2013 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Sorry,
what is exactly wrong in these plots? They look fine to me, apart from some high lenght background due probably to some propagation/tracking problem.
Re: About FairGeanePro [message #15563 is a reply to message #15562] Fri, 11 October 2013 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Stefano Spataro wrote on Thu, 10 October 2013 18:40

Sorry,
what is exactly wrong in these plots? They look fine to me, apart from some high lenght background due probably to some propagation/tracking problem.

Well, maybe I misunderstand the flying path after propagation.
That means FairGeanePro only returns the length between last point of helix to EMC hit point, if yes, those distributions look good.

Here the flying path should be longer than the straight line from vertex to EMC hit position. I thought it the total length of one track, since I only read the code instead of the document.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 October 2013 09:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About FairGeanePro [message #15564 is a reply to message #15563] Fri, 11 October 2013 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Exactly, this is only the propagation lenght. In your case the propagation starts from the last point of STT and reaches EMC.
If you check the TofInfo function, you can see how to calculate the full lenght of the track from the interaction vertex.
Re: About FairGeanePro [message #15565 is a reply to message #15564] Fri, 11 October 2013 11:40 Go to previous message
continuous participant
Thanks, Stefano. I got it.
Previous Topic: Help
Next Topic: Recent updates about EMC packages (A)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:30:47 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00608 seconds