GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » [FIXED] Bug in PndEmcAsicPulseshape ?
[FIXED] Bug in PndEmcAsicPulseshape ? [message #15486] Thu, 12 September 2013 16:19 Go to next message
Ronald Kunne is currently offline  Ronald Kunne
continuous participant
This afternoon with version 21692 and using the macros from tutorials/rho, the macro tut_dig.C stops on the first event (or even before?) with the error message:

root.exe: /vol0/panda/pandapr13/130912/emc/EmcDigi/PndEmcAsicPulseshape.cxx:32: PndEmcAsicPulseshape::PndEmcAsicPulseshape(double, double): Assertion `fTint!=fTsig' failed.

The error does occor when I generate e+ e- events, but not with the default psi2s_Jpsi2pi_Jpsi_mumu.dec which generates muons and pions rather than electrons.

My previous version was 21259 from mid-august, and there it doesn't happen.

Thanks in advance for any clues.

Ronald Kunne

[Updated on: Fri, 13 September 2013 11:48] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug in PndEmcAsicPulseshape ? [message #15487 is a reply to message #15486] Fri, 13 September 2013 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dima Melnychuk is currently offline  Dima Melnychuk
first-grade participant
My guess would be that is's connected with parameter file.
Since macro/params/all.par has been changed with new emc parameter it's possible that you have simparams.root from previous simulation before update.
The error tells that parameters of emc pulshape are zero.

Try delete simparams.root and run again.
It the problem persists could you attach the whole log output?

Dima
Re: Bug in PndEmcAsicPulseshape ? [message #15488 is a reply to message #15487] Fri, 13 September 2013 11:14 Go to previous message
Ronald Kunne is currently offline  Ronald Kunne
continuous participant
That could have been the reason, but I am suspecting an update on my machine, that had happened the night before, the problem occurred.

This morning I recompiled externals and PandaRoot, and the error has gone away.

Thanks for the help.
Previous Topic: PRGFitter
Next Topic: [WONTBEFIXED] Problem in simulating 100000 particles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:48:56 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01025 seconds