GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » How to apply transformations on the geometry? (Alignment)
How to apply transformations on the geometry? (Alignment) [message #15051] Tue, 30 July 2013 16:24 Go to next message
Felix Boehmer is currently offline  Felix Boehmer
first-grade participant

Dear experts,

is there some way of manipulating the geometry of single detectors in order to be able to study mis-alignment effects (or do proper tracking on real data...)?

Since the geometries are modular it looks like the framework would be (in principle) well-fitted to do this, for example FairModule::ConstructRootGeometry() could take an optional TGeoCombiTrans as an argument which is then applied on the nodes before adding them...

As far as I see it, right now one would have to create a new geometry file for every such case and smuggle it into the above routine. This seems extremely hackish to me. Are there plans for such an implementation? Or is there such a thing already? (I am working on an older branch as some of you might know...)

Cheers

Felix
Re: How to apply transformations on the geometry? (Alignment) [message #15071 is a reply to message #15051] Wed, 31 July 2013 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Felix,

please have a look at the trunk version of fairbase. The class FairModule has a new function to modify the original geometry. You can find an example how to use it in example/Tutorial4/src/mc/FairTutorialDet4.cxx.

Sorry for this only very short answer, but I am on holidays and I will get a lot of trouble if I work.

Ciao

Florian
Re: How to apply transformations on the geometry? (Alignment) [message #15110 is a reply to message #15071] Tue, 06 August 2013 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Boehmer is currently offline  Felix Boehmer
first-grade participant

Hello Florian,

cool! Do you know when this will make its way into a new release? And how do I get this from svn into a pandaroot checkout? Getting it as external from root/fairbase/trunk/base (and creating links accordingly to circumvent the subfolder structure) gives me compilation errors. Is there a clean method how to do this before I start hacking?

Cheers

Felix
Re: How to apply transformations on the geometry? (Alignment) [message #15111 is a reply to message #15110] Tue, 06 August 2013 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Go to the pandaroot root folder, and type:

svn propedit svn:externals .

There you can edit the links, and use the trunk of the base folders you need. After, just do a svn update and you will download the trunk code.

No idea if it is compatible with the current pandaroot or not, at present we stick to tags/v-13.05
Re: How to apply transformations on the geometry? (Alignment) [message #15125 is a reply to message #15110] Wed, 07 August 2013 14:47 Go to previous message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi Felix,

the fairbase trunk should be compatible with pandaroot.
Probably we will create a new tag after everybody is back from holidays.

Ciao

Florian
Previous Topic: geometry overlaps for PANDA subdetectors
Next Topic: pbarpSystem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:58:40 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00887 seconds