GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » PndSttMvdGemTrackingIdeal: Tracks with MVD and GEM, but without STT...
icon9.gif  PndSttMvdGemTrackingIdeal: Tracks with MVD and GEM, but without STT... [message #14632] Thu, 18 April 2013 11:25 Go to next message
Simone Esch is currently offline  Simone Esch
continuous participant

Hello everyone,

I am using at the moment the PndSttMvdGemTrackingIdeal class to have an ideal track finding to fill the Kalman track fitter class.
Due the checking I saw that tracks with MVD and GEM hits, but without STT hits are ruled out for some reason.

I have several tracks which have a shallow angle and therefore don't hit the STT, but still the MVD disks and the GEM stations.

Is there a special reason to rule them out? Is it possible to make this ruling out selectable with a flag which can be set by the macro?

Thank you

best regards

Simone
Re: PndSttMvdGemTrackingIdeal: Tracks with MVD and GEM, but without STT... [message #14633 is a reply to message #14632] Thu, 18 April 2013 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

This means that these tracks are not hitting neither STT neither FTS? Could you please show which part of the phase space they are covering? They should nto be so many.
However the code starts the trackign from STT or FTS. If none of them is present than no tracks are created. Maybe you could ask ralf to modify a bit one of the 2 ideal trackers to have also such a case.
Re: PndSttMvdGemTrackingIdeal: Tracks with MVD and GEM, but without STT... [message #14634 is a reply to message #14633] Thu, 18 April 2013 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simone Esch is currently offline  Simone Esch
continuous participant

Hello Stefano,

the tracks I am talking about do hit the MVD, GEM and FST and leave hits there, but still this tracks are not listed in the candidate list of the ideal track finder. I am not sure if the FTS is taken into account.

Best regards

Simone
Re: PndSttMvdGemTrackingIdeal: Tracks with MVD and GEM, but without STT... [message #14635 is a reply to message #14634] Thu, 18 April 2013 11:47 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

You have to use the FTS ideal tracker for forward tracks, not the sttmvdgem. Please check macro/run/recoideal_complete.C
We have 2 ideal track finders separately for the two setups.
Previous Topic: Check of GENFIT effects on reconstructed barrel tracks
Next Topic: GEANE verbosity flag
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:19:55 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01067 seconds