GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » RHO: Major Modifications
RHO: Major Modifications [message #14500] Mon, 18 March 2013 09:55 Go to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Dear computing group.

There will be a major update on Rho and the Analysis tools. My goal is to reduce the unnecessary stuff and straighten the work flow. Furthermore the fitters are aligned with each other in therms of interfaces and tree navigation capabilities.

There is a development branch in the repository at https://subversion.gsi.de/trac/fairroot/browser/pandaroot/development/ra lfk.

I'll wait with check-ins to the trunk until Stefano gives green lights. Note that these changes will break the existing analysis macros!

I'd be grateful for any input from the community regarding the transition to the update as well as the amount of excluded classes/functionality.

Cheers
Ralf

Edit:You may find an overview of all changes in a talk at the june13 collaboration meeting (Wd. in Physics Analysis session).

https://indico.gsi.de/getFile.py/access?contribId=4&resId=0&mate rialId=slides&confId=2281

Ralf

[Updated on: Thu, 11 July 2013 11:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RHO: Major Modifications [message #14941 is a reply to message #14500] Thu, 11 July 2013 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajay Kumar is currently offline  Ajay Kumar
continuous participant

Hi Ralf,

I have used TRho for my analysis earlier and it was working fine. After the modifications my working macros are giving error due to a file which does not exiting in the directed path. error goes like this:-

Processing test2.C...
TRho::GetPDG: Instantiating TDatabasePDG from /home/ajay/pandaroot/rho/RhoParameters/PDT/evt.pdl
Error in <TPdt::ReadPDGTable>: Could not open PDG particle file /home/ajay/pandaroot/rho/RhoParameters/PDT/evt.pdl

*** Break *** segmentation violation

I had a look in the rho directory and found that name of classes being different now and than tried but could not find the solution.

what should I do now ?
please help me.

Thanks

AJAY KUMAR
Research scholar
Indian Institute of Technology Indore,Indore
Madhya Pradesh
India
Re: RHO: Major Modifications [message #14942 is a reply to message #14941] Thu, 11 July 2013 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hello Ajay,

Please attach your macro as it will be easier to spot flaws.

Cheers
Ralf
Re: RHO: Major Modifications [message #14943 is a reply to message #14942] Thu, 11 July 2013 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ajay Kumar is currently offline  Ajay Kumar
continuous participant

Dear Ralf,

Please find the attached analysis macro here.

Regards
  • Attachment: test2.C
    (Size: 13.61KB, Downloaded 184 times)

AJAY KUMAR
Research scholar
Indian Institute of Technology Indore,Indore
Madhya Pradesh
India
Re: RHO: Major Modifications [message #14944 is a reply to message #14943] Thu, 11 July 2013 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

The folder rho/RhoParameters does not exist.
Re: RHO: Major Modifications [message #14945 is a reply to message #14944] Thu, 11 July 2013 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi.

You still use the Rho package and the event reader. If you want to continue with these, please go to a verion where these are still operational, i.e. do a svn update -r 19500 (around the april13 release).

If you need the changes you will have to modify some things in your macro.

Cheers
Ralf

PS: You should move the two functions outside from the main macro function (processbaseparticles and makeptheta).
Re: RHO: Major Modifications [message #14946 is a reply to message #14500] Thu, 11 July 2013 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

You may find an overview of all changes in a talk at the june13 collaboration meeting (Wd. in Physics Analysis session).

https://indico.gsi.de/getFile.py/access?contribId=4&resId=0&mate rialId=slides&confId=2281

Ralf
Re: RHO: Major Modifications [message #14947 is a reply to message #14945] Thu, 11 July 2013 12:03 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Maybe it is better to remove the PndEventReader class from the repository.
Previous Topic: [FIXED] Propagate Functions in PndAnalysis
Next Topic: [FIXED] PndAnalysis::McTruthMatch always returns false
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:50:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00838 seconds