GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » event registration
event registration [message #14495] Tue, 12 March 2013 18:15 Go to next message
Raphael Cervantes is currently offline  Raphael Cervantes
continuous participant
Can someone help me understand how a detector in FairRoot registers an event? I need to understand what criterion a detector uses to registering events, e.g. if a detector registers a particle that just grazes the edge of it, or how much energy is required, etc...

I'm am currently looking at the Rutherford example. In line 71 of FairRutherford.cxx, it says " if ( gMC->IsTrackEntering() ) {". Where is the IsTrackEntering() method defined?

I hope my question makes sense. Let me know if I need to clarify anything.
Re: event registration [message #15767 is a reply to message #14495] Wed, 08 January 2014 09:54 Go to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

better too late than never!

Is IsTrackEntering() is one flag from a set of state flags in Geant3/4 which tell you in about the status of the particle being transported with respect to the volume that you defined as sensitive in your detector.

The stepping of the transport engine forward the action (call the so-called processHit method of your detector) only when it enters a volume that you define as sensitive so that you create a point (hit) or take what ever action your detector should do.

cheers,

Mohammad
Previous Topic: Decay particles
Next Topic: A bug in FairRootManager
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:10:25 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00985 seconds