GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Freezout coordinates
Freezout coordinates [message #14453] Sun, 24 February 2013 17:21 Go to next message
Daniel Wielanek is currently offline  Daniel Wielanek
occasional visitor
Hi,
Is there any option to add to FairROOT freezoutt coordinates? I want to use them but after I run converters I loose those data. I want to avoid rewriting half of FairROOT classes to add 4 branches.
Re: Freezout coordinates [message #14454 is a reply to message #14453] Sun, 24 February 2013 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

In which experiment you are? you need to change two classes and not the half of FairRoot! The changes are in the user classes and not in the base itself. I.e: In case you are using the example in FairBase, then you need to change FairMCTrack and FairStack to add your stuff Or the corresponding classes in your experiment branch).

Mohammad
Re: Freezout coordinates [message #14455 is a reply to message #14454] Sun, 24 February 2013 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Wielanek is currently offline  Daniel Wielanek
occasional visitor
Hi,
I just looked at FairUrqmdGenerator class that is used in one on example macros in MPDRoot, I noticed that there is reading data from text file and adding particles by FairPrimaryGenerator->AddTrack() and there are no field like freezout coordinates. If I understood this code this is only place where urqmd file i read, so if I don't add these points here I can't add those coordinates until I start reconstruction. Am I right?
Re: Freezout coordinates [message #14457 is a reply to message #14455] Mon, 25 February 2013 10:45 Go to previous message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

Ok, You can create your own PrimaryGenerator which inherits from FairPrimaryGenerator and overwrite the virtual method AddTrack or write you own AddTrack method and call it from your own ReadEvent in your generator. So in Summary you need 4-Classes to do this.

1. Your Generator in which you read the freezout coordinates in ReadEvent0
2. Subclass of the FairPrimaryGenerator that has an AddTrack method or what ever you call it that push your variable into the stack, this method you call from your ReadEvent()
3. Your own MCTrack which keep your parameter in the Tree
4. Your own Stack which holds the variable during simulation

Doing that you have to create your primary generator in the simulation macro and not the FairPrimaryGenerator.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers,

Mohammad
Previous Topic: Continuous Build Server
Next Topic: Maintenance shutdown of CDash Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:37:36 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00791 seconds