GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » abxolute scaling of the geometry files[SOLVED]?
abxolute scaling of the geometry files[SOLVED]? [message #14203] Tue, 13 November 2012 23:37 Go to next message
Raphael Cervantes is currently offline  Raphael Cervantes
continuous participant
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out what the absolute scaling of the geometry files are (whether it's in centimeters, millimeters, or whatever). After talking to a collegue, we believe that the parameters in the geometry files are in millimeters and the resulting root files created when you run a detector displays the mcpoint parameters in centimeters. However, I am not entirely convinced and I would like to have a definite confirmation.

So can anyone chime in and tell me what the absolute scaling of the geometry file parameters are?

Thank you,
-Raphael

P.S. sorry if this information is readily available. But I haven't been able to find it in the forum or in the fairroot website.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 November 2012 20:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: abxolute scaling of the geometry files? [message #14204 is a reply to message #14203] Tue, 13 November 2012 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

The basic units are cm and GeV, everywhere.
The ONLY exception is when you define the geometry with the ASCII definition (.geo), Hades style, where the numbers are in mm.
Re: abxolute scaling of the geometry files? [message #14209 is a reply to message #14204] Wed, 14 November 2012 20:54 Go to previous message
Raphael Cervantes is currently offline  Raphael Cervantes
continuous participant
Thank you so much for the clarification.

-Raphael
Previous Topic: Geant4 not working with current fairbase (10/10/12) [SOLVED]
Next Topic: getting run_rutherford to calculate eta parameter [SOLVED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 01:23:44 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00846 seconds