GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Meetings » PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00
PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14171] Sun, 28 October 2012 18:31 Go to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: 2.235.190*
Dear all,

Our regular pandaroot will be held on Tuesday, 30th October, @ 14:00. Tentative agenda items:

1) General items
- Report from Fair Event reconstruction workshop
- Updates of external packages for new EvtGen
- ...

2) Open bugs&forum problems
- Problems with DIRC geometry
- Problems with SciTil geometry
- Problems with FTOF digitization
- ...

3) Analysis reports
- Elisa Fioravanti n(pi+pi-)
- Martin Galuska X(3872)

4) A.O.B.

If you like to give a presentation, discussion, or whatever, please let us know...

Greets,


the computing coordinators
Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14172 is a reply to message #14171] Sun, 28 October 2012 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maria Patsyuk is currently offline  Maria Patsyuk
Messages: 58
Registered: April 2010
continuous participant
From: 212.255.40*
Dear Stefano,

the two problems with geometry you have mentioned - the one with DIRC and another with SciTil, is it that they are overlapping or is there some additional problem concerning DIRC geometry?

Best regards,
Maria
Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14173 is a reply to message #14172] Sun, 28 October 2012 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: 2.235.190*
A first problem is that the mother volume of DIRC overlaps with STT volume and it killes the signal from the more external tubes (since december it seems). This deteriorates the resolution.
A second problem is that the SciTil geometry is overlapping with the DIRC.

Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14175 is a reply to message #14173] Mon, 29 October 2012 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maria Patsyuk is currently offline  Maria Patsyuk
Messages: 58
Registered: April 2010
continuous participant
From: *gsi.de
Dear Stefano,

regarding the tracking problems with Barrel DIRC,
I've just updated the geometry (dirc_l0_p0_updated.root) and hope it won't overlap with tracking detector anymore. Can someone check it?

The overlap of the Barrel DIRC with SciTil is now being solved.

Best regards,
Maria
Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14177 is a reply to message #14175] Mon, 29 October 2012 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: 2.235.190*
Dear Maria,
I have just tried and it seems there are no overlaps anymore between DIRC and STT, and the momentum resolution goes to more standard values (check the plot, blue for new dirc, red for the previous version). Still the overlaps with SciTil are there, but I suppose they depend on the SciTil implementation.

Thanks for the fix.
  • Attachment: test.ps
    (Size: 10.57KB, Downloaded 234 times)
Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14178 is a reply to message #14177] Mon, 29 October 2012 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maria Patsyuk is currently offline  Maria Patsyuk
Messages: 58
Registered: April 2010
continuous participant
From: *gsi.de
Dear Stefano,

thank you for the check,
glad to desrease the number of "bugs & open problems".

Best regards,
Maria

[Updated on: Mon, 29 October 2012 13:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14179 is a reply to message #14178] Mon, 29 October 2012 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: 2.235.190*
Hello Stefano Spataro,
You have BOOKED a meeting in SeeVogh Research Network (http://research.seevogh.com).

Title: PandaRoot meeting
Description:
Community: Panda

Meeting Access Information:
- Meeting URL
SeeVogh R.N. http://research.seevogh.com/join?meeting=MDMaM8222nDIDt9I99D99D
EVO International http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=MDMaM8222nDIDt9I99D99D

Guests allowed in this meeting. Guest must connect via this URL :
http://research.seevogh.com/join?guest=3006000131096126010000059735

- Phone Bridge
ID: 605 3798

Central European Time (+0100)
Start 2012-10-30 13:30
End 2012-10-30 18:00

Japan Standard Time (+0900)
Start 2012-10-30 21:30
End 2012-10-31 02:00

India Standard Time (+0530)
Start 2012-10-30 18:00
End 2012-10-30 22:30

Eastern Daylight Time (-0400)
Start 2012-10-30 08:30
End 2012-10-30 13:00

Pacific Daylight Time (-0700)
Start 2012-10-30 05:30
End 2012-10-30 10:00


SeeVogh Research Network Phone Bridge Telephone Numbers:
---------------
- USA (Caltech, Pasadena, CA)
+1 626 395 2112

- Switzerland (CERN, Geneva)
+41 22 76 71400

- Slovakia (UPJS, Kosice)
+421 55 234 2420

- Italy (INFN, several cities)
http://server10.infn.it/video/index.php?page=telephone_numbers
Enter '4000' to access the EVO bridge

- Germany (DESY, Hamburg)
+49 40 8998 1340

- USA (BNL, Upton, NY)
+1 631 344 6100

- United Kingdom (Janet, UK)
+44
University of Edinburgh +44 131 474 4520

- Australia (ARCS)
+61
Adelaide 08 8463 1011
Brisbane 07 3139 0705
Canberra 02 6112 8742
Hobart 03 623 70281
Melbourne 03 8685 8362
Perth 08 6461 6718
Sydney 02 8212 4591

- Netherlands (Nikhef, Amsterdam)
+31 20 7165293
Dial '2' at the prompt

- Canada (TRIUMF, Vancouver)
+1 604 222 7700

- Czech Republic (CESNET, Prague)
+420 95 007 2386

- France (RAP, Paris)
+33 144 27 81 50


- Skype (tm) (World-wide)
evo.phone
See: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoGate/Documentation/extclient/skype/skype.html

---------------
If you would like to add a telephone bridge at your institute, please contact SeeVogh team at research@seevogh.com

Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14180 is a reply to message #14179] Tue, 30 October 2012 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: *to.infn.it
I would suggest to put the presentations also at the following link, so that people having problems with evo shared files can download the presentations from the wiki page.
Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14181 is a reply to message #14180] Tue, 30 October 2012 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asanchez is currently offline  asanchez
Messages: 350
Registered: March 2006
first-grade participant
From: *kph.uni-mainz.de
Dear Al,,
I will not be able to attend
the meeting today due to teaching duties !
cheers
Alicia.
Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14182 is a reply to message #14181] Tue, 30 October 2012 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MartinJGaluska is currently offline  MartinJGaluska
Messages: 203
Registered: March 2010
Location: Germany
first-grade participant
From: *physik.uni-giessen.de
My slides for the meeting.

Best wishes,
Martin

[Updated on: Tue, 30 October 2012 14:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14183 is a reply to message #14182] Wed, 31 October 2012 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: *to.infn.it
The minutes are ready!
Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14184 is a reply to message #14183] Wed, 31 October 2012 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MartinJGaluska is currently offline  MartinJGaluska
Messages: 203
Registered: March 2010
Location: Germany
first-grade participant
From: *physik.uni-giessen.de
Dear all,

I have just finished rerunning the macros for the X(3872) simulation. With revision 17691 everything seems fine again (without any changes to the sim, digi, reco, pid or analysis macros) and I get the expected peaks in the invariant mass plots. I will continue with that study and show slides at the next PandaRoot Computing EVO meeting.

I have one general question concerning our last meeting:
The minutes say that the DIRC overlaps with STT are now fixed, but it is still overlapping with SciTil. Is it advisable to comment out DIRC? Or SciTil? Or can both be used at the same time in simulation?

Regards,
Martin
Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14185 is a reply to message #14184] Wed, 31 October 2012 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
Messages: 2736
Registered: June 2005
Location: Torino
first-grade participant

From: *to.infn.it
Hi,
if you check the standard macros in macro/run you can see that there the SciTil is not present.
Re: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 30th of October, 14:00 [message #14186 is a reply to message #14185] Wed, 31 October 2012 13:44 Go to previous message
MartinJGaluska is currently offline  MartinJGaluska
Messages: 203
Registered: March 2010
Location: Germany
first-grade participant
From: *physik.uni-giessen.de
You're right, thank you!
Previous Topic: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 16th of October, 14:00
Next Topic: PandaRoot meeting, Tuesday, 20th of November, 14:00
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Jul 23 11:05:03 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00691 seconds