GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » External Packages » Issues with Geant3...
Issues with Geant3... [message #13965] Tue, 18 September 2012 14:43 Go to next message
Tudi Le Bleis is currently offline  Tudi Le Bleis
occasional visitor
Dear all, I tried to install the jan12 and sep12 on different machines (work and my own). I mostly fail when trying to get the geant3 to compile. Although the errors were not always the same, the current problem is the following...

*** Compiling Geant3 ................ 
cp: cannot create regular file `geant3/gphys': No such file or directory
scripts/install_geant3.sh: line 18: cd: geant3: No such file or directory
scripts/install_geant3.sh: line 21: ../Makefile_geant3.patch: No such file or directory
scripts/install_geant3.sh: line 22: ../geant3_geane.patch: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `../gcalor.F': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `../xsneut.dat': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `../chetc.dat': No such file or directory
sed: can't read Makefile: No such file or directory
/home/tlebleis/simulation/fairroot/john/ext_src/bin:/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/opt/cern/pro/bin:/usr/local/opt/root/pro/bin:/home/tlebleis/bin:.:/home/tlebleis/bin/bin:/home/tlebleis/geant4/bin/Linux-g++:/home/tlebleis/simulation/g4/bin/Linux-g++/:/usr/local/opt/root/pro/bin:/home/tlebleis/bin/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/:/sbin:/usr/sbin:
/usr/local/opt/root/pro
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
cp: cannot stat `/home/tlebleis/simulation/fairroot/john/sep12/transport/geant3/lib/tgt_linux/libgeant321.so': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/home/tlebleis/simulation/fairroot/john/sep12/transport/geant3/TGeant3/*.h': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/home/tlebleis/simulation/fairroot/john/sep12/transport/geant3/data': No such file or directory
**** Checking libraries in /home/tlebleis/simulation/fairroot/john/ext_src/lib ****
*** ERROR: Geant3 could not be created.
*** End installation of external packages with Errors***

I have attached the corresponding log file. In case you need some more information, please ask.

So now the question is: what am I doing wrong? Am I missing some libraries ? I've googled a bit and search in this forum but haven't found any solution.

Any information is welcome!
Re: Issues with Geant3... [message #13966 is a reply to message #13965] Tue, 18 September 2012 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi,

you didn't do anything wrong. It looks like you don't have the geant3 directory. This is defined as an external package in our SVN repository. Sometimes it happens that it isn't downloaded automatically to some reasons we still don't understand.

To solve the problem you have to do an

svn update

in the source directory of the external packages. This should then download the geant3 source. After this step please rerun the configure script.

Ciao

Florian
Re: Issues with Geant3... [message #13977 is a reply to message #13966] Wed, 19 September 2012 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
Thanks for the info. Indeed the update helped me to get Geant3's files... however, I stumbled upon the next problem:

Warning: Obsolete: arithmetic IF statement at (1)
 In file gcalor/gcalor.F:11417

IF(EX) 10 ,20 ,50                                                 
Warning: Obsolete: arithmetic IF statement at (1)
 In file gcalor/gcalor.F:11481

IF(D*D-Z) 20 ,20 ,10                                              
[SNAP]
gcinit.F
minicern/lnxgs/rdmin.F
added/dummies.c
added/dummies2.c
minicern/abend.c
minicern/cfclos.c
minicern/cfget.c
minicern/cfopei.c
minicern/cfput.c
minicern/cfseek.c
minicern/cfstati.c
minicern/datime.c
minicern/fchput.c
minicern/fchtak.c
minicern/fchtak.c: In function ‘fchtak’:
minicern/fchtak.c:35: warning: conflicting types for built-in function ‘malloc’
minicern/geteni.c
minicern/jumptn.c
minicern/jumpxn.c
minicern/locf.c
minicern/qnexte.c
minicern/vxinvb.c
minicern/lnxgs/ishftr.c
comad/gcadd.cxx
TGeant3/G3Material.cxx
TGeant3/G3Medium.cxx
TGeant3/G3Node.cxx
TGeant3/G3Volume.cxx
TGeant3/TG3Application.cxx
TGeant3/TGeant3.cxx
TGeant3/TGeant3.cxx: In member function ‘virtual void TGeant3::LoadAddress()’:
TGeant3/TGeant3.cxx:1253: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
TGeant3/TGeant3.cxx:1254: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
[SNAP]
TGeant3/TGeant3.cxx:1283: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
TGeant3/TGeant3.cxx:1284: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
TGeant3/TGeant3.cxx:1285: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
TGeant3/TGeant3.cxx:1286: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
TGeant3/TGeant3TGeo.cxx
TGeant3/TGeant3TGeo.cxx: In member function ‘virtual void TGeant3TGeo::LoadAddress()’:
TGeant3/TGeant3TGeo.cxx:599: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
TGeant3/TGeant3f77.cxx
TGeant3/TGeant3gu.cxx
TGeant3/TGeant3gu.cxx: In function ‘void gufld_(Double_t*, Double_t*)’:
TGeant3/TGeant3gu.cxx:588: error: ‘class TVirtualMC’ has no member named ‘GetMagField’
TGeant3/TGeant3gu.cxx:589: error: ‘class TVirtualMC’ has no member named ‘GetMagField’
TGeant3/TGeant3gu.cxx: In function ‘void eustep_()’:
TGeant3/TGeant3gu.cxx:759: error: ‘class TVirtualMCApplication’ has no member named ‘GeaneStepping’
TGeant3/TGeant3gu.cxx: In function ‘void gustep_()’:
TGeant3/TGeant3gu.cxx:789: error: ‘class TVirtualMC’ has no member named ‘IsCollectTracks’
TGeant3/TGeant3gu.cxx:800: error: ‘class TGeoManager’ has no member named ‘FindTrackWithId’
make: *** [/home/tlebleis/simulation/fairroot/john/sep12/transport/geant3/tgt_linux/TGeant3/TGeant3gu.o] Error 1
cp: cannot stat `/home/tlebleis/simulation/fairroot/john/sep12/transport/geant3/lib/tgt_linux/libgeant321.so': No such file or directory
**** Checking libraries in /home/tlebleis/simulation/fairroot/john/ext_src/lib ****
*** ERROR: Geant3 could not be created.
*** End installation of external packages with Errors***

where I SNAPped several lines of similar printouts...
Re: Issues with Geant3... [message #13979 is a reply to message #13977] Wed, 19 September 2012 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi,

for me the only explanation of the problem is that you have an old installation of ROOT on your system which is used.

do you have another ROOT installation on your computer? Do you have a environment variable named ROOTSYS?

Ciao

Florian
Re: Issues with Geant3... [message #14002 is a reply to message #13979] Fri, 21 September 2012 12:56 Go to previous message
occasional visitor
I did (5.22). I emptied the ROOTSYS and it seems that it went through this time.

Thanks!

Tudi.

PS. Sorry for the daly I had some issues with the computers here.
Previous Topic: New external packages release sep12
Next Topic: New version of the external packages "apr 13"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:56:19 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00965 seconds