GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » New external package release sep12
New external package release sep12 [message #13934] Wed, 05 September 2012 14:13 Go to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Dear all,

Today we released the new external packages (sep12) for FairRoot.

The release was tested on:

• MAC OS X 10.6.x with gcc 4.2.1 (64 bit)
  • MAC OS X 10.7.x with gcc (64 bit)
  • MAC OS X 10.8.x with llvm-gcc 4.2 (64 bit)
  • MAC OS X 10.8.x with clang 4.0 (64 bit)
  • Suse 12.1 with gcc 4.6.2 (32 and 64 bit)
  • Suse 12.2 with gcc 4.7.1 (32 and 64 bit)
  • Fedora 17 with gcc 4.7.0 (32 and 64 bit)
  • Ubuntu 12.04 with gcc 4.6.3 (32 and 64 bit)
  • Debian Squeeze with gcc 4.4.5 (64 bit)

For more details please visit http://fairroot.gsi.de/

Florian
Re: New external package release sep12 (GEANE patch) [message #13948 is a reply to message #13934] Fri, 07 September 2012 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi pandarooters,
in the sep12 release of the external packages a patch has been applied to GEANE (as written by Florian on http://fairroot.gsi.de).

Just a few remarks on the patch: it contains the following two improvements in the routine which handles the propagation to the point of closest approach.

Change 1, in the actual poca finding procedure piece of code:
- PREVIOUSLY: an extrapolation to a very large track length was performed and, during the propagation, the poca was found, BUT the extrapolation was not stopped and used to go on till the final track length was reached;
- NOW: the particle is stopped after finding the point of closest approach;

Change 2, in the propagation type handling:
- PREVIOUSLY: the poca finding procedure was performed also when propagating to the plane after having found the poca, due to a missing reset of a variable;
- NOW: the poca finding procedure is accessed only when requested.

These two changes improve the time performances of the extrapolation and thus of the Kalman filter. We tested the macro/pid/run_reco_sttcombi.C on 1000 events without and with the patch and the kalman time is roughly halved.

The changes are still inside a "patch" since we would like some massive testing before inserting them as "official". For this reason, if you notice any strange behaviour in the propagation and/or in the reconstruction results, please let us know!

Have fun,
Lia and Alberto.

Re: New external package release sep12 (problems) [message #13949 is a reply to message #13948] Fri, 07 September 2012 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

In my Ubuntu 12.04 it seems to work...

[Updated on: Fri, 07 September 2012 13:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14135 is a reply to message #13934] Wed, 17 October 2012 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.Babai is currently offline  M.Babai
continuous participant
Dear experts,

I'm trying to build the new external packages (Sep 12), but the build stops with the following error:

*** Compiling root ................ 
Copied rootconfig.sh ......................
Configure Root ..........................................
linuxx8664gcc
./rootconfig.sh: line 27: [: too many arguments
Checking for source directory ... /home/fairroot/fairsoft_sep12/tools/root
Configuring for linuxx8664gcc
INFO: --enable-xml: already enabled by default.
Checking for GNU Make version >= 3.80 ... ok
Checking for C compiler ... gcc
Checking for C++ compiler ... g++
Checking for linker (LD) ... g++
Checking for F77 compiler ... gfortran
Checking for libX11 ... no
configure: libX11 MUST be installed
See http://root.cern.ch/drupal/content/build-prerequisites
Makefile:20: config/Makefile.config: No such file or directory
Makefile:29: config/Makefile.comp: No such file or directory
Makefile:40: *** Please run ./configure first.  Stop.
Makefile:20: config/Makefile.config: No such file or directory
Makefile:29: config/Makefile.comp: No such file or directory
Makefile:40: *** Please run ./configure first.  Stop.
**** Checking libraries in /home/fairroot/build_FairSoft_Sep12//lib ****
*** ERROR: root could not be created.
*** End installation of external packages with Errors***

I'm using Debian wheezy with gcc version 4.7.1,
If I run the installation script on a 32 bit pc with the same OS and configuration, then everything goes fine. For the previous release of the external packages on the same system I did not have any problem at all.
Anyone any idea how to solve this?

Regards,
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14138 is a reply to message #14135] Wed, 17 October 2012 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mathias Michel is currently offline  Mathias Michel
occasional visitor

Dear Mr. Babai,

the error message shows that libX11 wasn't found:
# Checking for libX11 ... no
# configure: libX11 MUST be installed

Did you check that libX11 and libX11-devel are installed and 32bit?
Did the check or requirements for this library change?

Cheers,
Mathias
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14141 is a reply to message #14138] Wed, 17 October 2012 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Dear Mathias,

Thank you for your reply.
Actually they are there. As the previous version of the external packages (jan12) did not complain on those and I could install it without any problem.
I think something is changed in the root build scripts, but I do not know what and the most important thing is how to fix or bypass this, Smile.

Regards,
Mohammad.
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14148 is a reply to message #14141] Thu, 18 October 2012 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Mohammad,

can you please check where the X11 library and the corresponding headers are installed. Maybe Debian is now as good as Ubuntu, shifting the libraries or headers to a
directory which is not in the default search path of root.

Ciao

Florian
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14150 is a reply to message #14148] Thu, 18 October 2012 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Florian,

The headers are in:
/usr/include/X11

and libs in:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

I will directly check how it is set in the build scripts.

Ciao
Mohammad.
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14152 is a reply to message #14150] Thu, 18 October 2012 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Mohammad,

could you please try adding the following line

--with-libx11-libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

in the file "tools/rootconfig.sh" where all the other flags are set
and run the configure.sh script again.

Ciao

Florian
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14153 is a reply to message #14152] Thu, 18 October 2012 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Florian,

I had to add the following lines to the script you have mentioned and everything seemed to go OK. But at the end building fairbase and r3broot failed. With a message like "Could not open file TEveEventManager.h". The actual header was not included in the installation directory. So, now I have checked out a clean root again and waiting to see if will work this time.
--with-x11-libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu\
--with-xpm-libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu\
--with-xft-libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu\
--with-xext-libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu\

Regards,
MB.
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14154 is a reply to message #13934] Thu, 18 October 2012 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Florian,

After applying the changes and a full recompile, the error remains the same. So I think the root build is missing some components. Maybe openGL is the problem. It remains strange as it goes fine on a 32 bit PC with exactly the same software installed, Sad.

[ 86%] Generating G__EventDisplayDict.cxx
Error: cannot open file "TEveEventManager.h"  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairEventManager.h:9:
Error: class,struct,union or type TEveEventManager not defined  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairEventManager.h:18:
Error: Symbol TGListTreeItem is not defined in current scope  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairEventManager.h:53:
Error: Symbol fEvent is not defined in current scope  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairEventManager.h:53:
Error: cannot open file "TEveTrackPropagator.h"  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairMCTracks.h:19:
Error: Symbol TEveTrackPropagator is not defined in current scope  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairMCTracks.h:62:
Error: Symbol fTrPr is not defined in current scope  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairMCTracks.h:62:
Error: cannot open file "TEveGValuators.h"  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairEventManagerEditor.h:11:
Error: Symbol TEveGValuator is not defined in current scope  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairEventManagerEditor.h:25:
Error: Symbol fMinEnergy, is not defined in current scope  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairEventManagerEditor.h:25:
Error: Symbol fMaxEnergy is not defined in current scope  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairEventManagerEditor.h:25:
Error: cannot open file "TEveBoxSet.h"  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairBoxSet.h:23:
Error: class,struct,union or type TEveBoxSet not defined  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairBoxSet.h:27:
Error: cannot open file "TEveDigitSetEditor.h"  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairBoxSetEditor.h:25:
Error: cannot open file "TEveGValuators.h"  /home/fairroot/r3broot/eventdisplay/FairBoxSetEditor.h:27:
Warning: Error occurred during reading source files
Warning: Error occurred during dictionary source generation
!!!Removing /home/fairroot/buildR3broot/eventdisplay/G__EventDisplayDict.cxx /home/fairroot/buildR3broot/eventdisplay/G__EventDisplayDict.h !!!
Error: /home/fairroot/Build_FairSoft_Sep12/bin/rootcint: error loading headers...
make[2]: *** [eventdisplay/G__EventDisplayDict.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: *** [eventdisplay/CMakeFiles/EventDisplay.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Regards,
/MB
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14157 is a reply to message #14153] Thu, 18 October 2012 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Mohammad,

probably you have to define also where to find the OpenGL libraries and headers

--with-opengl-libdir=???
--with-opengl-incdir=???

Ciao

Florian
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14158 is a reply to message #14157] Fri, 19 October 2012 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Florian,

I give up, Sad. Whatever I include, enable or disable the root configure script produces the same.
Comparing the 32 and 64 bit configurations I found the following:

32:
Result: Enabled support for asimage, astiff, builtin_afterimage, builtin_ftgl, builtin_glew, builtin_lzma, explicitlink, fftw3, gdml, genvector, krb5, mathmore, memstat, minuit2, monalisa, opengl, pythia6, pythia8, roofit, shadowpw, shared, soversion, ssl, tmva, x11, xft.

64:
Enabled support for asimage, astiff, builtin_afterimage, builtin_ftgl, builtin_zlib, builtin_lzma, explicitlink, gdml, genvector, mathmore, memstat, minuit2, shadowpw, shared, soversion, tmva, x11, xft.

This does not even change if I explicitly run configure from root itself on the command line and specify the include and library directories. Very strange.

Last thing I can do, as a test, is to modify the configure script packed with root itself to see if that might help. A lot of work but maybe solves the problem.

Regards,
Mohammad.
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14159 is a reply to message #14158] Fri, 19 October 2012 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Mohammad,

do you have OpenGL installed? Unfortunately I have no Debian Squezze machine to test and only can guess, so I am not of much help here.

Ciao

Florian
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14160 is a reply to message #14159] Fri, 19 October 2012 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Florian,

Yes everything is there. The headers and libs.
If I have a look on the same machine but in the previous external packages (jan 2012), then all of the parameters are fine. ROOT was compiled correctly and the options were all OK. So I think that the configure scripts for the current ROOT release is changed. So I will try to fix this and will send you the solution or at least a description of that. I think we need to solve this, because for the next debian stable release we will hit this problem again.

It seems to work. I have added the paths to the root configure script and it went all OK. So these two paths:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
/usr/include/GL

In the case of 32 bit machines the root script can find the correct path (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/) but one way or the other it can not handle the 64 bit case.

Regards,
MB

[Updated on: Fri, 19 October 2012 15:25]

Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14201 is a reply to message #13934] Tue, 13 November 2012 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prometeusz Jasinski is currently offline  Prometeusz Jasinski
continuous participant
Hi,

I tried to compile it. It seems to freeze with

Checking for GNU Make:
/usr/bin/which: no dpkg-architecture in (/home/promme/bin/fairsoft/tools/root/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/ usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/home/promme/bin:/home/promme/bin/fairsof t/transport/geant4/bin:/home/promme/bin:/home/promme/bin/pandaroot/../bu ildPanda/bin:/home/promme/bin/fairsoft/tools/root/bin:/home/promme/bin/r ootpwa/trunk/build/bin)

I'm using:

g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 4.6.1 20110908 (Red Hat 4.6.1-9)

Or shall I wait longer than 30 min. Inet traffic seems to be low (no file transfer) and CPU is also sleeping.
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14202 is a reply to message #14201] Tue, 13 November 2012 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Have you isntalled dpkg-dev ?
Re: New external package release sep12 [message #14205 is a reply to message #14202] Wed, 14 November 2012 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prometeusz Jasinski is currently offline  Prometeusz Jasinski
continuous participant
Indeed, solved.

I did not check dependencies since I had this package from last year in use and it worked.

Thank you!
New external package release apr13 [message #14624 is a reply to message #14201] Wed, 17 April 2013 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bhavin Patel is currently offline  Bhavin Patel
occasional visitor
hello sir,
I have same problem

I tried to compile it. It seems to freeze with

Checking for GNU Make:
/usr/bin/which: no dpkg-architecture in (/home/promme/bin/fairsoft/tools/root/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/ usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/home/promme/bin:/home/promme/bin/fairsof t/transport/geant4/bin:/home/promme/bin:/home/promme/bin/pandaroot/../bu ildPanda/bin:/home/promme/bin/fairsoft/tools/root/bin:/home/promme/bin/r ootpwa/trunk/build/bin)

Do you get any solution?
Re: New external package release apr13 [message #14625 is a reply to message #14624] Wed, 17 April 2013 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hello,

you need "dpkg-dev" on your system.

(see http://fairroot.gsi.de/?q=node/63)

regards,

Mohammad

Re: New external package release apr13 [message #14626 is a reply to message #14625] Wed, 17 April 2013 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
I am using Fedorra 15 and "dpkg-dev" require for ubantu.
Also There are no package dpkg-dev available in fedorra.

Re: New external package release apr13 [message #14627 is a reply to message #14626] Wed, 17 April 2013 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
On Fedora it is called "dpkg-devel"
New external package release apr13 [message #14630 is a reply to message #14625] Thu, 18 April 2013 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
Thanks Sir for dpkg-devel information
now it work
I can't install apr13 because it gives following error
compiling CMake ................
*** Unpacking cmake-2.8.10.2.tar.gz ..............
*** CMake compiled successfully ***
*** Compiling gtest ................
*** Package gtest already unpacked ***
*** gtest compiled successfully ***
*** Compiling glpk ................
*** Unpacking glpk-4.39.tar.gz ..............
*** ERROR: glpk could not be created.

Here I attached Install log file

[Updated on: Fri, 19 April 2013 07:35]

Re: New external package release apr13 [message #14638 is a reply to message #14630] Fri, 19 April 2013 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hallo,

Can yo check if you have enough space on your disk? if you have, then please remove all glpk* stuff from the basic directory call svn update and run again.

Mohammad
Re: New external package release apr13 [message #14641 is a reply to message #14638] Sat, 20 April 2013 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
I have done that procedure but same error.
Even I change the linux. Now I am using opensuse 12.1 64 bit
following error in log file

Installation Directory: home/buildp
Found cmake version 2.8.6 which is newer than the
required version 2.8.6 in PATH
This version is okay. Don't install cmake as external package.
*** Unpacking gtest-1.6.0.tar.bz2 ..............
Re: New external package release apr13 [message #14642 is a reply to message #14641] Sat, 20 April 2013 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
is the file glpk-4.39.tar.gz on your disk? can you try to unpack it manually?
Re: New external package release apr13 [message #14643 is a reply to message #14641] Sat, 20 April 2013 10:22 Go to previous message
occasional visitor
I extract folder manually but it gives same error.
Even I observed that during Installation it unpack the glpk but gives the error like "glpk could not be created." and stop the installation.

Directory: home/buildp
Found cmake version 2.8.6 which is newer than the
required version 2.8.6 in PATH
This version is okay. Don't install cmake as external package.
*** Package gtest already unpacked ***
Previous Topic: Proceedings on FTS pattern recognition (Bormio Conference 2013)
Next Topic: about modified fieldmaps in the actual pandaroot version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:58:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01117 seconds