GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » New pandaroot release july12
New pandaroot release july12 [message #13719] Fri, 06 July 2012 13:21 Go to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Dear all,

A new pandaroot release (copy from r15929) has been created with the name "july12". To checkout:

svn co https://subversion.gsi.de/fairroot/pandaroot/release/july12

It also includes

torinoDetector
macro/torinoDetector

which is the basis for the upcoming torino workshop. In general, this release will be the basis for the computing workshop. Modifications dedicated for the Torino meeting, please commit to the release!

Greets,

Johan.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 July 2012 16:39] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

[FIXED] Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13722 is a reply to message #13719] Mon, 09 July 2012 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Albrecht Gillitzer is currently offline  Albrecht Gillitzer
continuous participant
Hi Johan,

I checked out the new release as you indicated.

After doing cmake I got:

Found TEve, so the eventdisplay will be compiled.
-- Looking for Root...
-- Looking for Root... - Found /private/fairsoft/jan12/tools/root/bin/root
-- Looking for Root... - version 5.32/00
-- <MVA_INFO> Building MVA with multiClass.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:180 (add_subdirectory):
add_subdirectory given source "tutorials/torinoDetector" which is not an
existing directory.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Should I just add the requested subdirectory by hand and expect that everything should work?

Best regards,
Albrecht

[Updated on: Tue, 10 July 2012 11:20] by Moderator

Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13723 is a reply to message #13722] Mon, 09 July 2012 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

works again... the Torino detector is on the request of Florian removed. I forgot to remove it from the CMakelist....

j.
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13728 is a reply to message #13723] Tue, 10 July 2012 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hallo,
I am trying the july12 release.

I tried with the macro: macro/run/tdrct/npipi/run_sim_stt_evt.C just to produce some simulated events.

When I try to access the data just by opening the output root file and using the TBrowser I get this message:
Quote:

Warning in <TEnvRec::ChangeValue>: duplicate entry
<Library.TVirtualMagField=Base libFairTools.so libParBase.so libGeoBase.so libProof.so libGeomPainter.so libGeom.so libVMC.so libEG.so libMathCore.so libPhysics.so libMatrix.so libTree.so libHist.so libRIO.so libCint.so libCore.so> for level 0; ignored (int)0

and if I try to draw, for example, STTPoint.fX I get a peak in 0 and nothing else. The same for fY, fZ...

If I draw one of the PndSttPoint specific variables, like
STTPoint.fX_out_local it works.

All this with the rootlogon.C file in the same directory where I have the root file, since if I delete it I also get, each time I try to draw something from STTPoint, a list of messages like these:
Quote:

Error in <TClass::New with placement>: cannot create object of class FairMCPoint version 4 at address 0x1b63340
Error in <TClass::New with placement>: cannot create object of class FairMCPoint version 4 at address 0x1b63490
Error in <TClass::New with placement>: cannot create object of class FairMCPoint version 4 at address 0x1b635e0
Error in <TClass::New with placement>: cannot create object of class FairMCPoint version 4 at address 0x1b63730
Error in <TClass::New with placement>: cannot create object of class FairMCPoint version 4 at address 0x1b63880

This happens also for the others detectors, GEM, MVD...

It does not happen for the MCTracks.

Does anyone have any idea?
Thank you in advance,
Lia.

Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13729 is a reply to message #13728] Tue, 10 July 2012 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,

I get the same error, also for the trunk. Florian, Mohammad,.... help?

Johan.
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13730 is a reply to message #13729] Wed, 11 July 2012 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

Sorry but I cannot reproduce this problem! I just downloaded a fresh copy of the july12 release compile it and run the macro "run_sim_stt_evt.C", close the root session and open the file again, all works fine!

could it be that you have a rootlogon.C in your home directory?

regards,

Mohammad
[DONE] Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13731 is a reply to message #13730] Wed, 11 July 2012 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tobias Stockmanns is currently offline  Tobias Stockmanns
first-grade participant
Hi,

is it possible to add the latest changes in the FairWriteoutBuffer and the MVD, SDS, STT and EMC classes (rev. 16018) to the July12 release?

They fix a problem with slow particles blocking a detector element for a too long time. Therefore I had to introduce a new variable startTime.

Cheers,

Tobias

[Updated on: Thu, 12 July 2012 10:25] by Moderator

Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13732 is a reply to message #13731] Wed, 11 July 2012 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

to Tobias... yes, possible... will be done, hang on!

j.
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13733 is a reply to message #13731] Wed, 11 July 2012 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Tobias,

It is done!

Mohammad
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13734 is a reply to message #13733] Wed, 11 July 2012 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

damn... this guy is fast!

j.
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13735 is a reply to message #13730] Wed, 11 July 2012 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Mohammad,
in my home directory there is no rootlogon.C.

If I keep the rootlogon.C inside the directory where I am calling root I get the message:
Quote:

Warning in <TEnvRec::ChangeValue>: duplicate entry
<Library.TVirtualMagField=Base libFairTools.so libParBase.so libGeoBase.so libProof.so libGeomPainter.so libGeom.so libVMC.so libEG.so libMathCore.so libPhysics.so libMatrix.so libTree.so libHist.so libRIO.so libCint.so libCore.so> for level 0; ignored (int)0

and then the histograms @ 0.

If I remove the rootlogon, it also shows a very long list of:
Quote:

Error in <TClass::New with placement>: cannot create object of class FairMCPoint version 4 at address 0x1b63490

but it still does not work.
Lia.
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13736 is a reply to message #13735] Wed, 11 July 2012 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

I see the same in my Desktop.
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13738 is a reply to message #13736] Wed, 11 July 2012 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hallo,

This problem is related to the new root map files which we introduce lately to the FairBase packages, with this we wanted to get rid of the rootlogon.C and all the stuff of loading libraries and the order how they should be loaded. Using the root map files ROOT can load the libraries it needs on demand when the user create or try to read a class then ROOT knows which library should be loaded. The problem now: This is implemented in FairBase but not in the PandaRoot and some how we have a problem when one try to read a ROOT file in Plain ROOT (ROOT has the base classes but not the Panda part). when running the standard macros everything seems to be ok.

As a solution for now till we modify the PandaRoot CMakefiles to produce also the needed rootmap files, one should remove the path to the build/lib from the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH (when using plain root to draw some variables)

regards,

Mohammad
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13742 is a reply to message #13719] Wed, 11 July 2012 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi,

Quote:

As a solution for now till we modify the PandaRoot CMakefiles to produce also the needed rootmap files, one should remove the path to the build/lib from the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH (when using plain root to draw some variables)

The better solution for the time being is to remove the rootmap files from the build/lib directory. Doing this you will be not able to load the libraries automatically but since you use the rootlogon.C anyway in the moment this is not a real problem.

Ciao

Florian
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13744 is a reply to message #13742] Thu, 12 July 2012 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Is this solution for the moment OK with Lia?

j.
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13745 is a reply to message #13744] Thu, 12 July 2012 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

The solution to remove the rootmap files from the build/lib directory avoids the error messages (if I load the rootlogon.C), but the STTPoint.fX, fY... are still all 0...

Now I try the LD_LIBRARY_PATH solution...

I will let you know soon,
Lia.
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13746 is a reply to message #13745] Thu, 12 July 2012 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

This solution works: if I remove the build/lib from the LD_LIBRARY_PATH I can open the files and see all the variables...

Many thanks!
Lia.
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13747 is a reply to message #13746] Thu, 12 July 2012 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

I tried again the "delete the rootmap files" solution and if I remove also the rootlogon.C from my directory it works too.

So both the solutions are working!
Thanks again,
Lia.
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13748 is a reply to message #13747] Thu, 12 July 2012 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Ok, but which solution should we keep in svn?
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13749 is a reply to message #13748] Thu, 12 July 2012 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

I would keep the "delete *rootmap" solution since it seems easier to me.
Lia.
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13750 is a reply to message #13749] Thu, 12 July 2012 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi,

In fact you cannot keep any of these solutions in SVN, they are simply work around till we move the whole panda root stuff to this automatic loading and get red of all these macros loading the libraries. So this should be done latest in Turin meeting where most of you are there!

regards,

Mohammad
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13751 is a reply to message #13750] Thu, 12 July 2012 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

This means we should provide a release which is not stable and that has to be fixed manually in the workshop?
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13752 is a reply to message #13719] Thu, 12 July 2012 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi,
No, this problem show up only if you open a root file in plain root and try to draw some variables, for sim, digi, reco, etc there is no problem.

In all cases I am trying to modify the rest of the code now so that we have the automatic loading very soon! hopefully I will get it running today or tomorrow!

regards,

Mohammad
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13753 is a reply to message #13752] Thu, 12 July 2012 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Ehm,
in my contribution I will open root files with plain root drawing the data inside... this is the reason why I am concerned
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13754 is a reply to message #13719] Thu, 12 July 2012 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano,

I remove the automatic generation of the rootmap files until we find a solution for the problem. If you use the revison 16039 of the base classes or at least of the cmake subdirectory for the release the rootmap files are no longer build.

Actually I think this is not only a problem with the rootmap files. Lia reports that the problem is also present if you use the rootlogon.C macro which means loading the libraries in a different way.

Ciao

Florian

Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13755 is a reply to message #13754] Thu, 12 July 2012 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

ok, I also changed the base and cmake revision to 16039 for july12 release for the moment.

j.
[SOLVED] Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13761 is a reply to message #13719] Tue, 17 July 2012 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mamen is currently offline  Mamen
continuous participant
Hi guys,

I'm trying to compile PandaRoot on a MacBook Pro. The computer it's not mine, it belongs to the institute and I only got it for the Panda Computing Week, so I have to say that I'm not an expert in Mac OS.
Well, my problem is the following:
I installed the prerequired packages, and then I installed the external packages and compiled them without big problems. I mean, I had to download Geant3 by hand and compile again, but it worked. Now I'm trying to compile PandaRoot release july12.
I get the following information:

a4-42:PandaRoot_july12 moraespi$ svn info
Path: .
URL: https://subversion.gsi.de/fairroot/pandaroot/release/july12
Repository Root: https://subversion.gsi.de/fairroot
Repository UUID: 0381ead4-6506-0410-b988-94b70fbc4730
Revision: 16074
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: johan
Last Changed Rev: 16045
Last Changed Date: 2012-07-12 17:07:50 +0200 (Do, 12 Jul 2012)

and when I try to compile:

a4-42:buildPanda moraespi$ make
I am here.
-- Found Subversion: /usr/bin/svn (found version "1.6.17")
-- FairRoot Revision - 16073 Branch - https://subversion.gsi.de/fairroot/pandaroot/release/july12
[ 0%] Built target svnheader
[ 0%] Built target FairTools
[ 4%] Built target Base
[ 7%] Built target GeoBase
[ 8%] Built target ParBase
[ 12%] Built target FairDB
[ 12%] Built target generalTools
[ 13%] Built target buffers
[ 17%] Built target PndData
[ 18%] Built target Passive
[ 20%] Built target Field
[ 21%] Built target Gen
[ 22%] Built target PGen
Linking Fortran shared library ../../lib/libDpmEvtGen.so
/usr/bin/libtool: unknown option character `r' in: -rpath
Usage: /usr/bin/libtool -static [-] file [...] [-filelist listfile[,dirname]] [-arch_only arch] [-sacLT]
Usage: /usr/bin/libtool -dynamic [-] file [...] [-filelist listfile[,dirname]] [-arch_only arch] [-o output] [-install_name name] [-compatibility_version #] [-current_version #] [-seg1addr 0x#] [-segs_read_only_addr 0x#] [-segs_read_write_addr 0x#] [-seg_addr_table <filename>] [-seg_addr_table_filename <file_system_path>] [-all_load] [-noall_load]
make[2]: *** [lib/libDpmEvtGen.0.0.0.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [pgenerators/DpmEvtGen/CMakeFiles/DpmEvtGen.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

The point is that some of my colleagues just compiled some minutes before me a previous updated version without problem.
Can somebody have a look to the release or tell me if I am doing something wrong?
Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings
Mamen

[Updated on: Sat, 21 July 2012 09:31] by Moderator

Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13771 is a reply to message #13761] Wed, 18 July 2012 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
After googling a bit I think that my problem is related with some Mac missing package, but i didn't find how to solve the problem.

Any Mac User/Expert out there who could help me?!!!
PLEASE!!!

Cheers
Mamen
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13772 is a reply to message #13771] Wed, 18 July 2012 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
HI,

Do you have Mac Os Lion? if yes you need the gfortran 4.6.2.

In case you do not have it you can download it from :

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hpc/gfortran-lion.tar.gz?download

Cheers,

Mohammad
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13773 is a reply to message #13719] Wed, 18 July 2012 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi,

Can you compile with verbose output to really see what is going wrong. You do so with

make VERBOSE=TRUE

Please post then the last part of the output before the error occurs.

Ciao

Florian
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13774 is a reply to message #13772] Wed, 18 July 2012 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
I have snow-leopard. Mac OS Version 10.6.8.

I had some help from Radeck and I installed the proper gfortran version for this MacOS... but it still doesn't work...
I'm trying to compile again the external packages installing the binaries (which I didn't do before) and I will try later again.
If it doesn't work, I will try to compile the trunk version of PandaRoot...

I accept any other suggestions...

Thanks for your help.
Mamen
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13775 is a reply to message #13773] Wed, 18 July 2012 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Florian,

The output of the compilation using Verbose is the following:

Scanning dependencies of target DpmEvtGen
make -f pgenerators/DpmEvtGen/CMakeFiles/DpmEvtGen.dir/build.make pgenerators/DpmEvtGen/CMakeFiles/DpmEvtGen.dir/requires
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `pgenerators/DpmEvtGen/CMakeFiles/DpmEvtGen.dir/requires'.
make -f pgenerators/DpmEvtGen/CMakeFiles/DpmEvtGen.dir/build.make pgenerators/DpmEvtGen/CMakeFiles/DpmEvtGen.dir/build
/opt/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /Users/moraespi/PandaRoot/buildPanda/CMakeFiles
[ 22%] Building Fortran object pgenerators/DpmEvtGen/CMakeFiles/DpmEvtGen.dir/common.f.o
cd /Users/moraespi/PandaRoot/buildPanda/pgenerators/DpmEvtGen && /usr/local/bin/gfortran -DDpmEvtGen_EXPORTS -m64 -g -fPIC -I/Users/moraespi/PandaRoot/jan12_bin/include/root -I/Users/moraespi/PandaRoot/PandaRoot_july12/pgenerators/DpmEvtGen -c /Users/moraespi/PandaRoot/PandaRoot_july12/pgenerators/DpmEvtGen/common. f -o CMakeFiles/DpmEvtGen.dir/common.f.o
/Users/moraespi/PandaRoot/PandaRoot_july12/pgenerators/DpmEvtGen/common. f:0: nicht implementiert: 64-bit mode not compiled in
make[2]: *** [pgenerators/DpmEvtGen/CMakeFiles/DpmEvtGen.dir/common.f.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [pgenerators/DpmEvtGen/CMakeFiles/DpmEvtGen.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks for your help... I'm waiting for more ideas Wink

Cheers,
Mamen
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13776 is a reply to message #13775] Wed, 18 July 2012 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi,

for me it looks like that your gfortran compiler does not support 64bit, but I wonder how you could compile geant3. Could you please check if your geant3 library is 32 or 64 bit, by doing

file -L /Users/moraespi/PandaRoot/jan12_bin/lib/libgeant321.so

Can you post also the output of

gfortran -v

Ciao

Florian
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13777 is a reply to message #13776] Thu, 19 July 2012 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Dear Florian,

This is the output I get to the commands you said:

Inst-f-Kernphysiks-MacBook-Pro:~ moraespi$ file -L /Users/moraespi/PandaRoot/jan12_bin/lib/libgeant321.so
/Users/moraespi/PandaRoot/jan12_bin/lib/libgeant321.so: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64
Inst-f-Kernphysiks-MacBook-Pro:~ moraespi$ gfortran -v
Lese Spezifikationen von /usr/local/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8.8.1/3.4.0/specs
Konfiguriert mit: ../gcc-3.4.0/configure --enable-languages=f77
Thread-Modell: posix
gcc-Version 3.4.0

I hope it helps.
Cheers.

Mamen
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13778 is a reply to message #13777] Thu, 19 July 2012 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi,

Quote:

Inst-f-Kernphysiks-MacBook-Pro:~ moraespi$ file -L /Users/moraespi/PandaRoot/jan12_bin/lib/libgeant321.so
/Users/moraespi/PandaRoot/jan12_bin/lib/libgeant321.so: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64

So this is fine. The geant3 library is 64bit.

Quote:

Inst-f-Kernphysiks-MacBook-Pro:~ moraespi$ gfortran -v
Lese Spezifikationen von /usr/local/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8.8.1/3.4.0/specs
Konfiguriert mit: ../gcc-3.4.0/configure --enable-languages=f77
Thread-Modell: posix
gcc-Version 3.4.0

Here I wonder. The gfortran version is rather old and the version 3.4.0 does not support 64bit and does not fully support fortran at all. Did you change the gfortran version between compiling the external packages and pandaroot?
Where does your gfortran installation comes from? It can not be the version recommended by Mohammad.

If you do not succeed to install everything on the Mac pleas install VirtualBox if possible. You can get it from

https://www.virtualbox.org/

I will prepare a complete VirtualBox image with all needed software installed already. This will enable everybody to run a complete Linux installation inside a virtual machine.

Ciao

Florian

Ciao

Florian

Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13779 is a reply to message #13778] Thu, 19 July 2012 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Radoslaw Karabowicz is currently offline  Radoslaw Karabowicz
continuous participant
Hi Florian,

You are correct;), there was different version of gfortran used to compile externals and pandaroot.

Check the original post by Maria - she installed xcode with gfortran and using these installed Jan12 external packages. However pandaroot installation crashed. Mohammad suggested downloading gfortran which we did (version for snow leopard). We copied the files to /usr/local/ and so we got gfortran version 3.4.0.
But this is still producing errors as you can see.

yours
radek
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13780 is a reply to message #13778] Thu, 19 July 2012 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
HI again,

I installed gfortran first by hand, I don't remember from where did I download it.
I compiled the external packages and everything worked.
Then the compilation crashes whilst compiling pandaroot.
Yesterday I was chating via EVO with Radeck and he told me how to install the current version of gfortran (the version recomended by Mohammad in the forum is for lion or leopard and mine is snow-leopard MacOS).
I compiled again the external packages, twice, once whitout installing the binaries and the next installing them. Both times worked and I tried to compile pandaroot with the crash and the problem with the 64bits...

Well, that's how I remember it...

Cheers,
Mamen
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13781 is a reply to message #13779] Thu, 19 July 2012 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Radek,

I don't know what went wrong, but if I download the package from the location suggested by Mohammad, I get gcc 4.8.0.

demac015:bin uhlig$ ./gfortran -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=./gfortran
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/Users/uhlig/Downloads/usr/local/bin/../libexec/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.0/4.8.0/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.0
Configured with: ../gcc-4.8-20120603/configure --enable-languages=fortran
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.8.0 20120603 (experimental) (GCC) 

Please try to do it again. The instructions how to do it can be found at

http://hpc.sourceforge.net/

Ciao

Florian
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13782 is a reply to message #13781] Thu, 19 July 2012 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
As far as I understood yesterday, the version suggested by Mohammad is for leopard, and what I have is snow-leopard...

I can try to install this one too... but does it really make sense? Or am I wrong and this is really the proper version for snow-leopard?

Cheers,
Mamen
Re: New pandaroot release july12 [message #13783 is a reply to message #13782] Thu, 19 July 2012 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
continuous participant
Sorry, the version suggested by Mohammad is for Lion... Smile
Previous Topic: Problems of trunk (external packages) with Ubuntu 12.04
Next Topic: Crash in reco-macro, PndSttMvdTracking.cxx produces segfault
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:59:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01007 seconds