GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Detector response analysis
Detector response analysis [message #13511] Wed, 23 May 2012 01:07 Go to next message
Raghav Kunnawalkam is currently offline  Raghav Kunnawalkam
continuous participant
Hi All

I have been trying to analyze the detector response of my EIC for di lepton processes, but for that i have to have a radiation length scan first.

I created my simulation properly with geantinos and tried to capture the radiation length using a macro with help from Ralf in panda. https://subversion.gsi.de/trac/fairroot/browser/pandaroot/trunk/macro/mv d/Ralf/materialana.C as suggested to my by Mohammad.

I am trying to get it to work with my output root file but i am having a lot of difficulties in understanding what i am trying to do.

Maybe this is very basic but i would like to know if the format for output created in panda is the same for the examples you have in fairroot? Cause i built my detector based on the examples.
I am asking this because i am not able to run any of the code in panda due to lack of config files or data missing.

Next, i am not getting what does the push_back mean. In most of the analysis macros i am seeing it. (line 78 of the panda macro)

So i am kinda stuck here and i have attached my output file that i want to analyze and also the macro that i am trying to use. (it is mostly a mixture of things that i saw from elsewhere and thought that i needed it). right now i am getting an error with my definition of TGeoManager. in line 133 of rad_length.C.

Any help, even the slightest would be massively appreciated.
Thanks a lot guys
Raghav
Re: Detector response analysis [message #13512 is a reply to message #13511] Wed, 23 May 2012 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi,

I played around with your data and finally made a macro which can read some RadLen data. I reused my own approach, because I have no patience these days to understand what you want to analyze. The file is attached and cleaned of most "weight".
Be reminded that reading data needs the correct setup of file, tree and branch, as well as the TClonesArrays. Taking an object has also follow the way it is done here.

"push_back(x)" is a function of std::vector which adds the value or object x at the end of the array.

Cheers. Ralf

[Updated on: Wed, 23 May 2012 11:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Detector response analysis [message #13514 is a reply to message #13512] Wed, 23 May 2012 14:23 Go to previous message
Raghav Kunnawalkam is currently offline  Raghav Kunnawalkam
continuous participant
Hi Ralf

Thank you so much. After going through your example i now understand what i want and am able to start working towards it.

Cheers
Raghav
Previous Topic: PROOF in FairRoot
Next Topic: New Update causing problems and Output Data analysis
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:29:56 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00866 seconds