GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Analysis » editing pidana.par
editing pidana.par [message #13491] Wed, 16 May 2012 15:37 Go to next message
Dmitry Khaneft is currently offline  Dmitry Khaneft
continuous participant
Dear all,

I have a couple of questions concerning pidana.par file.

1. can I modify pidana.par in a way that e.g. "VeryTight" condition would correspond to 0.99 probability instead of 0.9?

2. is it possible to add a new condition like "SuperTight" and assign it to 0.999?

Will it work correctly?

Best regards,
Dmitry
Re: editing pidana.par [message #13495 is a reply to message #13491] Wed, 16 May 2012 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,

1. Yes, you can. I am not sure if you have also to modify the all.par, it depends on which parameter file are you using in your analysis.

2. You can redifine Tight as 0.9 and veryTight as 0.99, or you can use Variable and set it to the desired value. I am not sure is "variable" is operational or not.
Re: editing pidana.par [message #13497 is a reply to message #13491] Thu, 17 May 2012 10:24 Go to previous message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hello.

Yes, you may modify pidana.par and put you own numbers there. (Execute create_par.sh to have that in all.par, too)

I suggest you use the "Variable" line for your user definitions and use "Variable" instead of "VeryTight" etc.

Still I'm uneasy with having "default" numbers next to "user" numbers in that paramerter file. On the other side, hardcoding the values for "Tight" etc. is not nice either. Any idea?

Cheers,
Ralf
Previous Topic: Tutorial feb2012
Next Topic: combinations of pid algorithms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:13:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01187 seconds