GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » External Packages » Problem installing cbmroot
Problem installing cbmroot [message #13473] Fri, 11 May 2012 09:00 Go to next message
Abhivadan Sharma is currently offline  Abhivadan Sharma
occasional visitor
I have successfully installed the external packages may11, but with cbmroot i am facing the problem with "make" command.
Given below, is the output:

I am here.
-- Found Subversion: /usr/bin/svn (found version "1.6.12")
-- FairRoot Revision - 15470 Branch - https://subversion.gsi.de/fairroot/cbmroot/trunk
[ 0%] Built target svnheader
[ 0%] Built target FairTools
[ 4%] Built target Base
[ 4%] Building CXX object dbase/CMakeFiles/FairDB.dir/dbUtils/FairTSQLObject.o
/home/abhi/Downloads/cbmroot/dbase/dbUtils/FairTSQLObject.cxx: In member function ‘TDictionary& FairTSQLObject::GetcurDict()’:
/home/abhi/Downloads/cbmroot/dbase/dbUtils/FairTSQLObject.cxx:78: error: ‘GetDictionary’ is not a member of ‘TDictionary’
make[2]: *** [dbase/CMakeFiles/FairDB.dir/dbUtils/FairTSQLObject.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [dbase/CMakeFiles/FairDB.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I am using ubuntu 10.10.
Someone please get me out of it.

PS: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this problem. Please correct me if i am wrong.
Re: Problem installing cbmroot [message #13475 is a reply to message #13473] Fri, 11 May 2012 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi,

the newest trunk version of cbmroot works only with the newest version of the external packages (fairsoft release jan12).
So you have to install this version of the external packages and then everything should compile.

Ciao

Florian
Re: Problem installing cbmroot [message #13476 is a reply to message #13475] Fri, 11 May 2012 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor
Thank you very much for the reply.
I would ask if there is anything i can do to make it work with this package, like get a previous version of trunk or something else. Because i have already tried twice to install Jan12 packages but they gave some errors which i was unable to get past. That is why i tried out the may11 package. At present i do not have the record about what those errors were. So please tell me if i absolutely need to install the jan12 packages.

Thanks in advance Smile
Re: Problem installing cbmroot [message #13478 is a reply to message #13476] Fri, 11 May 2012 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Uhlig is currently offline  Florian Uhlig
first-grade participant
Hi,

you need the new jan12 release. The compilation error in cbmroot is due to new Root
functionality which is only present in jan12.

Ciao

Florian
Re: Problem installing cbmroot [message #13479 is a reply to message #13478] Fri, 11 May 2012 12:56 Go to previous message
occasional visitor
Hi,
Thank you for your support Florian.
Previous Topic: Problem building FairBase libraries with clang
Next Topic: Archive of externals JAN12
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:41:12 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00963 seconds