GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Hades » Pluto » [CLOSED] Turning ON/OFF Models
[CLOSED] Turning ON/OFF Models [message #13290] Tue, 03 April 2012 19:57 Go to next message
Michael Kunkel is currently offline  Michael Kunkel
continuous participant
Greetings again,

I use PLUTO for simulating eta dalitz decays produced via photoproduction on a liquid hydrogen target (gamma p -> p eta [e+e-gamma]). I ensure that I use a beam profile of a 1/E(gamma) in the simulation, however the reconstructed parameters do not match the data.

So what I would like to do is use the data itself as the initial parameters and have PLUTO decay the eta via dalitz decay, ie event by event use the parameters:
Photon Beam Energy (0, 0, E, E)
Target
Proton "myproton = P3M(px,py,pz,mass);"
Eta "myEta = P3M(etapx,etapy,etapz,etamass);"
then use
PReaction my_reaction("Beam_Energy","g","p","myproton myeta [dilepton [e+ e-] g]","eta_data_simulate",1,0,0,0);

Is it possible, since these variables are from data, to only have the eta dalitz physics operational when running PLUTO?

Thanks
Michael

[Updated on: Wed, 22 May 2013 12:38] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Turning ON/OFF Models [message #13306 is a reply to message #13290] Wed, 11 April 2012 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
I apologize for this post, I should have re-read Section 6 of the users manual.

However this now leads me to another question. I see how to turn off/on the physics, but how to change the parameters of the physics. For instance, I am concerned with the form factor of the eta dalitz. I see in the PData.cc that I can flag QED = 1, but how do I accomplish this?
Re: Turning ON/OFF Models [message #13309 is a reply to message #13306] Thu, 12 April 2012 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ingo Froehlich is currently offline  Ingo Froehlich
first-grade participant
Sorry for the late anwer (HADES beam time and easter...)

Michael Kunkel wrote on Tue, 03 April 2012 19:57

So what I would like to do is use the data itself as the initial parameters and have PLUTO decay the eta via dalitz decay, ie event by event use the parameters:
Photon Beam Energy (0, 0, E, E)
Target
Proton "myproton = P3M(px,py,pz,mass);"
Eta "myEta = P3M(etapx,etapy,etapz,etamass);"
then use
PReaction my_reaction("Beam_Energy","g","p","myproton myeta [dilepton [e+ e-] g]","eta_data_simulate",1,0,0,0);

Yes, this will indeed not work. "myproton" is in this case an object, whereas the decay string in PReaction uses the names of the particles in the data base. The only way to access the beam particle in the event loop is to go via the composite like [p+p] or [g+p].

Btw. for additional information I added the slides of a talk (new features in v5.37) on the main Pluto page, it also contains some examples.

Michael Kunkel wrote on Wed, 11 April 2012 20:04

I However this now leads me to another question. I see how to turn off/on the physics, but how to change the parameters of the physics. For instance, I am concerned with the form factor of the eta dalitz. I see in the PData.cc that I can flag QED = 1, but how do I accomplish this?

In this case one can either switch off all form factors with the following command:

((PDalitzDecay * )makeDistributionManager()->GetDistribution("eta_dalitz"))->SetUseQED(1);

or even replace the form factor by a self-defined model (see p. 26 of the talk mentioned above), e.g.:

PSimpleVMDFF *ff = new PSimpleVMDFF("vmd_ff_dd@w_to_dilepton_pi0/formfactor","VMD form factor",-1);
ff->AddEquation("_ff2 = 0.17918225/( (0.4225- _q2)*(0.4225- _q2) + 0.000676)");
makeDistributionManager()->Add(ff);

PReaction my_reaction("2.2","p","p","p p w [dilepton [e+ e-] pi0]");
my_reaction.Print();

(its for the omega Dalitz, but the syntax applies to all Dalitz decays)

--
Ingo Froehlich
IKF - University of Frankfurt
069-798-47027, FAX: -47024
Re: Turning ON/OFF Models [message #13313 is a reply to message #13309] Thu, 12 April 2012 19:24 Go to previous message
continuous participant
Thank You! The slides are very helpful.
Previous Topic: Some comments on the rho->ee decay
Next Topic: [SOLVED] Beam Smearing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:25:46 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00949 seconds