GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PANDA - Computing » Grid and Infrastructure » Remote installation of Jan12 ext. packages on a grid architecture : 2 root header files missing
Remote installation of Jan12 ext. packages on a grid architecture : 2 root header files missing [message #13161] Thu, 08 March 2012 16:08 Go to next message
Dominique Marchand is currently offline  Dominique Marchand
occasional visitor
Hi,
Updating the external packages from may11 to jan12 I encountered an error at the end of the whole process : installation of jan12 external packages + updated of PandaRoot + cmake + make.

The error I got after the make command in the buildPanda directory (tail of the std.err file, no error before) :

Error: cannot open file "Math/Interpolator.h" /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/sds/SdsFEModel/PndSdsFE.h:20:
Error: cannot open file "Math/InterpolationTypes.h" /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/sds/SdsFEModel/PndSdsFE.h:21:
Error: Symbol Interpolator is not defined in current scope /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/sds/SdsFEModel/PndSdsFE.h:74:
Error: Symbol inter is not defined in current scope /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/sds/SdsFEModel/PndSdsFE.h:74:
Error: cannot open file "Math/Interpolator.h" /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/sds/SdsFEModel/PndSdsFESimple.h:20:
Error: cannot open file "Math/InterpolationTypes.h" /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/sds/SdsFEModel/PndSdsFESimple.h:21:
Warning: Error occurred during reading source files
Warning: Error occurred during dictionary source generation
!!!Removing /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/buildPanda/sds/SdsDict.cxx /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/pandaroot/buildPanda/sds/SdsDict.h !!!
Error: /nfs1/sw/ipnos/PANDARoot/fairsoft/jan12/tools/root/bin/rootcint: error loading headers...
make[2]: *** [sds/SdsDict.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sds/CMakeFiles/Sds.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I had already remotely installed 3 external package distributions without any problem. As a check I always install in parallel the new external package distribution on my computer.

The problem is that 2 root header files (Interpolator.h and InterpolationTypes.h) are missing in the fairsoft/jan12/tools/root/include/Math/ directory after the "./configure.sh grid" command. Nevertheless at the end I get the awaited "no error" message : *** End installation of external packages without Errors ***

Comparing the 2 tools/root/include/Math/ directories from my computer and from the grid, I found out that only these 2 files were missing... I then copied the 2 files into the correct directory and proceed again : amke and make within the buildPanda directory. It went until the end without errors.

I tried to compare the root_config_grid.sh with the root_config.sh but, at my level of knowledge, I didn't see anything wrong there... As a check I re-install on the grid in a fake directory the jan12 external package distribution from the beginning (svn co) and after "./configure.sh grid" I confirm that the Interpolator.h and the InterpolationTypes.h files are missing in the tools/root/include/Math/ directory whereas all the other files are there.

Hope it helps to fix the problem for the next distribution installation.

Cheers,
Dominique
Re: Remote installation of Jan12 ext. packages on a grid architecture : 2 root header files missing [message #13166 is a reply to message #13161] Thu, 08 March 2012 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Why don't you use packman to install jan12? Johan used it for jan12 and he had no problems, so maybe it could help.
Re: Remote installation of Jan12 ext. packages on a grid architecture : 2 root header files missing [message #13168 is a reply to message #13166] Fri, 09 March 2012 09:39 Go to previous message
Dominique Marchand is currently offline  Dominique Marchand
occasional visitor
Thanks for your quick answer. Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.
I am not sure that I could have used use packman to do what I wanted to do.
My point referred to the installation of the new external package in the the central software area of the local VO at IPNO and not on the IPNO PANDA Grid node. As I do the installation submitting jobs I need to make the configuration using a non-interactive mean that's why I used the configure.sh with the grid option.
Thank you in advance to correct me if I am wrong. I've never used packman.
Cheers,
Dominique
Previous Topic: collaboration meeting, call for contributions
Next Topic: GRID problems to be fixed in Thailand
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:56:07 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00791 seconds