GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » Fairroot » General Discussion » Event Display in fairroot
Event Display in fairroot [message #13100] Mon, 27 February 2012 22:32 Go to next message
Raghav Kunnawalkam is currently offline  Raghav Kunnawalkam
Messages: 63
Registered: February 2012
Location: Stony Brook, New York
continuous participant
From: *physics.sunysb.edu
Hi All

I am trying to create a simple EIC detector based on fairroot and i am starting with the examples in fairroot. The example rutherford was pretty simple to understand and i got the run_rutherford.C to run pretty well.

But there are 2 things that i do not understand.
1. I am not able to see the root histograms in the output file test.mc.root, I would like to know where i can go and create my own root output file with say a histogram showing the range in angle phi (which would be the most obvious plot for look at for this experiment).

2. Event display seems to be a big problem.
a. first of all inside eventdisplay.C i see that it loads a library libCbmRutherford.so which i do not have in my system. I am pretty sure that i do not create it also.
b. Secondly, there are lots of problems with it loading libraries. when i commented out
gsystem->Load("libCbmRutherford"); root gives me an error saying

Processing eventDisplay.C...
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZN10FairLogger9GetLoggerEv
Referenced from: /Users/raghav/fairroot/build/lib/libParBase.so
Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN10FairLogger9GetLoggerEv
Referenced from: /Users/raghav/fairroot/build/lib/libParBase.so
Expected in: flat namespace

I can assure you that i have all these files linked properly and available at their location.

My system is Mac OS X 10.7.3 (64bit) and XCode 4.2.1.

Any help will be appreciated.
Many thanks

Re: Event Display in fairroot [message #13101 is a reply to message #13100] Mon, 27 February 2012 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
Messages: 518
Registered: April 2004
Location: GSI, Germany
first-grade participant
From: *dip.t-dialin.net
Hallo Raghav,


Quote:

1. I am not able to see the root histograms in the output file test.mc.root, I would like to know where i can go and create my own root output file with say a histogram showing the range in angle phi (which would be the most obvious plot for look at for this experiment).



Did you create any histograms? the default output is in the tree called "cbmsim" in the root file


Quote:

2. Event display seems to be a big problem.
a. first of all inside eventdisplay.C i see that it loads a library libCbmRutherford.so which i do not have in my system. I am pretty sure that i do not create it also.
b. Secondly, there are lots of problems with it loading libraries. when i commented out
gsystem->Load("libCbmRutherford"); root gives me an error saying ...


This was a typo (cut and paste!!) I correct it now in svn.

Quote:

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN10FairLogger9GetLoggerEv
Referenced from: /Users/raghav/fairroot/build/lib/libParBase.so
Expected in: flat namespace

I can assure you that i have all these files linked properly and available at their location.


We miss the loading of the libFairTools in the event display.C macro, now it is added

Sorry for that, but this example is new and we did not test it as you could see!

best regards

Mohammad
Re: Event Display in fairroot [message #13102 is a reply to message #13101] Tue, 28 February 2012 00:16 Go to previous message
Raghav Kunnawalkam is currently offline  Raghav Kunnawalkam
Messages: 63
Registered: February 2012
Location: Stony Brook, New York
continuous participant
From: *dyn.optonline.net
Hi Mohammad

Thanks a lot. Now i see that it works but i am still not able to see the individual events in the display. I only see the experimental set up.

I also understand (i think) now how to create those histograms. all the "leaves" in the root files are data entries and i call them inside a macro to create my histograms. That should not be a problem.
Next Topic: Creating geometry for a new detector
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Dec 05 11:25:09 CET 2021

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01651 seconds