GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Vertex fitter for eta_c analysis
Vertex fitter for eta_c analysis [message #12251] Wed, 13 July 2011 16:31 Go to next message
Dima Melnychuk is currently offline  Dima Melnychuk
first-grade participant
Dear colleagues,

I would like to inform you that Elisa has found a bug in my eta_c analysis macro related to usage of vertex fitter and after correction it gives reasonable results in the sense of mass distribution.

Using PndKinVtxFitter eta_c and phi mass looks like
index.php?t=getfile&id=6499&private=0

And for comparison using 4C kinematics fit

index.php?t=getfile&id=6500&private=0

So in both cases mass resolution loos almost identical.

In case of 4C-fit daughter particles are not updated after the fit, i.e. it shouldn't modify the shape of mass distribution, but for vertex fit daughter particles are updated and I would expect bigger improvement/difference of at least eta_c mass, but it's not the case.

And I didn't look yet how position of the vertex is reconstructed, i.e. (reconstructed - MonteCarlo).

But in principle now both fitters could be used in analysis.

Dima
Re: Vertex fitter for eta_c analysis [message #12252 is a reply to message #12251] Wed, 13 July 2011 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Hi Dima,

that's good news! Concerning the vertex fit I wouldn't expect too much improvement in mass resolution. In my Babar analysis I never observed significant mass resolution improvements from vertex fits, in particular for short living resonances.

Concerning updating of daughters I thought it's the other way around: I observed that the 4C fitter updates the daughters, but the vertex fitter doesn't...

However I'm taking a closer look at it anyways...

Cheers,
Klaus

Re: Vertex fitter for eta_c analysis [message #12254 is a reply to message #12251] Wed, 13 July 2011 19:20 Go to previous message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Do you see any differences with tpc?
Previous Topic: Bug in GenfitTrack2PndTrack
Next Topic: simulation with PYTHIA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:05:30 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01068 seconds