GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Meetings » Pandaroot meeting, 14 June, 14:00
Pandaroot meeting, 14 June, 14:00 [message #11997] Sun, 12 June 2011 23:06 Go to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Dear all,

We will have our next pandaroot meeting, coming Tuesday at 14:00 hours. The meeting will be devoted to tracking studies. I also like to ask those who perform analyses for the tracking TDR to join the meeting as well!! If you cannot make, please give a short message to this forum item.

Tentative agenda:

*) general issues
*) analyses status & problems
*) status code development & Grid data production
*) A.O.B.

Greets,

Johan
coordinates... [message #12002 is a reply to message #11997] Tue, 14 June 2011 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Title: pandaroot
Description:
Community: Panda

Meeting Access Information:
- Meeting URL
http://evo.caltech.edu/evoNext/koala.jnlp?meeting=MMMeMn2v2uDeD99l9MD29M

- Phone Bridge
ID: 354 9986

Central European Summer Time (+0200)
Start 2011-06-14 13:30
End 2011-06-14 16:00

Japan Standard Time (+0900)
Start 2011-06-14 20:30
End 2011-06-14 23:00

Eastern Daylight Time (-0400)
Start 2011-06-14 07:30
End 2011-06-14 10:00

Pacific Daylight Time (-0700)
Start 2011-06-14 04:30
End 2011-06-14 07:00

EVO Phone Bridge Telephone Numbers:
---------------
- USA (Caltech, Pasadena, CA)
+1 626 395 2112

- Switzerland (CERN, Geneva)
+41 22 76 71400

- Slovakia (UPJS, Kosice)
+421 55 234 2420

- Italy (INFN, several cities)
http://server10.infn.it/video/index.php?page=telephone_numbers
Enter '4000' to access the EVO bridge

- Germany (DESY, Hamburg)
+49 40 8998 1340

- USA (BNL, Upton, NY)
+1 631 344 6100

- United Kingdom (University of Manchester)
+44 161 306 6802

- Australia (ARCS)
+61
Adelaide 08 8463 1011
Brisbane 07 3139 0705
Canberra 02 6112 8742
Hobart 03 623 70281
Melbourne 03 8685 8362
Perth 08 6461 6718
Sydney 02 8212 4591

- Netherlands (Nikhef, Amsterdam)
+31 20 7165293
Dial '2' at the prompt

- Canada (TRIUMF, Vancouver)
+1 604 222 7700

- Czech Republic (CESNET, Prague)
+420 95 007 2386

- USA (MIT, Cambridge, MA)
+1 617 715 4691

- France (RAP, Paris)
+33 144 27 81 50

- Skype (tm) (World-wide)
evo.phone
See: http://evo.caltech.edu/evoGate/Documentation/extclient/skype/skype.html

---------------
minutes [message #12004 is a reply to message #11997] Tue, 14 June 2011 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Please find below a few notes after our discussion this afternoon:

*) Elisa & DIma briefly reported on their analysis activities. Both use the data produced on the GRID and have no problems to download the data to their local system.

*) Dima reported that during the CM there was a decision that for next week (21/22) analysis results will be shown that are not based on a full event mixing. The aim is to have the full analysis ready, including event mixing, in the 2nd half of July. Gianluigi complained that this information was not conveyed on time to the developers. As a consequence, he has put a lot of effort in the past days to remove spurious tracks in view of the event mixing challenge.

*) Grid-wise, lots of data have been produced: background as well as signal event. All the data are stored either in Dubna or at Bucharest: both sites are not participating in the data crunching, only in storage. There is presently a problem to mirror the data to other sites who are taking the jobs. Various persons are presently looking into this problem with the hope to resolve it in the upcoming days.

*) Felix warned that the TPC reconstruction code is not final and that users have to realize this. Using the code as a black box is presently dangerous and the users should try to also produce diagnostic spectra, keep in contact with the developers, e.g. provide feedback, etc. One issue, Felix mentioned is that there is a mis-alignment in the z-position of GEM. This is not accounted for in the data so far produced via GRID. Since, we will not re-run the data, the clusters of the TPC need to be corrected in the reconstruction phase.

*) Lia is presently working on the 2nd track finding algorithm for STT. Gianluigi is looking into the "cleaning up" of spurious tracks. The corresponding code will soon be committed to the repository.

*) It was decided that the may11 release will ONLY be updated for the reconstruction+analysis part of the TPC, STT, and genfit tools. All other part of the code, geometry+digitization, will not be changed in view of the TDR studies.

*) The communication will continue on the forum. In the case, a problem cannot be resolved via the forum, an EVO meeting will be organized. Otherwise, we will have the regular scheme for pandaroot EVO meetings.

Greets,

Johan.
Re: minutes [message #12005 is a reply to message #12004] Tue, 14 June 2011 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bernhard Ketzer is currently offline  Bernhard Ketzer
occasional visitor
Dear Johan,

thanks for the minutes and for the big efforts put into this campaign!

*) Dima reported that during the CM there was a decision that for next week (21/22) analysis results will be shown that are not based on a full event mixing. The aim is to have the full analysis ready, including event mixing, in the 2nd half of July. Gianluigi complained that this information was not conveyed on time to the developers. As a consequence, he has put a lot of effort in the past days to remove spurious tracks in view of the event mixing challenge.

This was decided having in mind that the work had not even started on these topics. We have to review the results of these analyses internally before we can show them to the referees. In view of the short time left and the problems we are still facing (see below), I doubt that we can show anything next week. Let's see how things develop.

*) Felix warned that the TPC reconstruction code is not final and that users have to realize this. Using the code as a black box is presently dangerous and the users should try to also produce diagnostic spectra, keep in contact with the developers, e.g. provide feedback, etc. One issue, Felix mentioned is that there is a mis-alignment in the z-position of GEM. This is not accounted for in the data so far produced via GRID. Since, we will not re-run the data, the clusters of the TPC need to be corrected in the reconstruction phase.

We are investigating this issue now. It may be at the origin of problems we already saw much earlier when trying to extrapolate to the MVD. I am sorry to say that, but it may well be that even the digitization has to be re-run. Please wait for our ok before you continue.

Felix reported another issue with the GEANE track follower, which still crashes sometimes in case of the TPC. I wonder whether the STT people use GEANE or RKTrackRep.

Best regards,

Bernhard
Re: minutes [message #12008 is a reply to message #12005] Wed, 15 June 2011 12:02 Go to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Dear Bernhard

Quote:

Felix reported another issue with the GEANE track follower, which still crashes sometimes in case of the TPC. I wonder whether the STT people use GEANE or RKTrackRep.

For the STT we are using GEANE.

We are not experiencing any crash in GEANE now with the STT: I had one last week, but after an update of the code it disappeared so it probably had an origin different from GEANE itself.

I was contacted by Felix sometimes ago concerning this crash for the TPC but he could not provide me the backtrace of the crash in that occasion. I need this information to have an idea where to look in the code. Since I did not hear anything from him later I thought that the crash was solved for him too.

Unfortunately the time is really short, but if Felix provides me some more information about the crash maybe I can help...
A thing I can suggest from now is to check the input values of momentum and position in the crash occasion, since if they are not reasonable for any cause they could lead GEANE to a wrong behaviour and to a crash.

Best regards,
Lia.
Previous Topic: request for contributions for the computing session for the Protvino meeting
Next Topic: pandaroot meeting, Wednesday 29 June, 14:00
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:09:49 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00737 seconds