GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » Problems with TPC: dbgstream and PndTpcClustVis
icon11.gif  Problems with TPC: dbgstream and PndTpcClustVis [message #11617] Tue, 05 April 2011 13:13 Go to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
yesterday I have updated my trunk version, and I have seen (feb11 or trunk external packages) that the macros have a crash exiting. If i run macro/run/sim_complete_tpc.C (or stt), the macro seems executed properly but just at the end I have a segmentation violation:

Toggle Spoiler

From gdb output it seems it comes from the destruction of dbgstream, the command delete rdbuf(). In theory nothing has changed in this file, therefore I suppose the violation is coming from something else (crash noticed on an Ubuntu10.10 and on a SL4.7).

Another problem that I have seen is the inclusion of some eventdisplay code inside the tpc/TestBench package. We are not compiling EVE on grid machines -> tpc code crashes there.
An "If" would help to solve this problem, such as in the global CMakeLists.txt:

FIND_PATH(TEvePath NAMES TEveEventManager.h PATHS
  ${SIMPATH}/tools/root/include
  NO_DEFAULT_PATH
)

If(TEvePath)
#find_package(OpenGL)
#If (OPENGL_FOUND AND OPENGL_GLU_FOUND)
  Message("Found TEve, so the eventdisplay will be compiled.")
  add_subdirectory(eventdisplay)
  add_subdirectory(PndEventdisplay)
#EndIf (OPENGL_FOUND AND OPENGL_GLU_FOUND)
EndIf(TEvePath)

I think something similar should be added also on the tpc CMakeLists/LinkDef, so that tpc can work also in the grid.

Re: Problems with TPC: dbgstream and PndTpcClustVis [message #11618 is a reply to message #11617] Tue, 05 April 2011 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johannes Rauch is currently offline  Johannes Rauch
continuous participant
Hi,

the second problem is my fault. Sorry.
I'm working on it right now.

Re: Problems with TPC: dbgstream and PndTpcClustVis [message #11619 is a reply to message #11617] Tue, 05 April 2011 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Dear Stefano,

the problem should be fixed now. I made an own library for the class that needs EVE.
Could you please check if everything builds properly now without EVE?

Thanks!
Re: Problems with TPC: dbgstream and PndTpcClustVis [message #11620 is a reply to message #11619] Tue, 05 April 2011 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
everything was compiling also with EVE, only GRID machines were crashing. For the next GRID update, I suppose we have to wait for next tuesday Sad
Re: Problems with TPC: dbgstream and PndTpcClustVis [message #11634 is a reply to message #11617] Thu, 07 April 2011 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano,

About your first problem, it seems to originate from the CMakeList.txt in the TPC directory. For some reason that I do not know, the dbgstrem.cxx is added as a source to all libraries that are created from this file. If you keep only one in the TPC_SRCS, then the crash disappear.

cheers,

Mohammad

Re: Problems with TPC: dbgstream and PndTpcClustVis [message #11639 is a reply to message #11634] Fri, 08 April 2011 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Boehmer is currently offline  Felix Boehmer
first-grade participant

I removed the stuff from libTpc for now, working on a final solution
Re: Problems with TPC: dbgstream and PndTpcClustVis [message #11683 is a reply to message #11639] Tue, 19 April 2011 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
today I have checked the dashboard from grid machines, and I have seen that all of them are crashing because TPC package is linked to RGL, which is a graphical library not installed on GRID machines (they have no graphics at all).
Would it be possible to put an "IF", so that this part is linked/compiled only when GL are present? (like PndTpcClustVis case).
Thanks in advance
Re: Problems with TPC: dbgstream and PndTpcClustVis [message #11716 is a reply to message #11683] Tue, 26 April 2011 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

the crash is still there.
[ 42%] Building CXX object mvd/CMakeFiles/MvdTrk.dir/MvdTracking/PndTpcClustPlusRTFTask.cxx.o

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lRGL

Re: Problems with TPC: dbgstream and PndTpcClustVis [message #11719 is a reply to message #11716] Tue, 26 April 2011 16:19 Go to previous message
continuous participant
Sorry,

I missed to put an if statement in the CMakeList where the target link libraries are set. There the Root Libraries with RGL and EVE were included.
It should build now also without RGL.

regards,

Johannes
Previous Topic: STT tracking crash during check getMCInfo.
Next Topic: Gas mixture composition (WMAT).
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:34:20 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01102 seconds