GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » New externals for FairRoot are now available (feb11)
New externals for FairRoot are now available (feb11) [message #11496] Tue, 15 February 2011 16:43 Go to next message
Mohammad Al-Turany is currently offline  Mohammad Al-Turany
first-grade participant
Hi,

The new external packages for FairRoot/PandaRoot are now available.

For more details please visit http://fairroot.gsi.de/

Mohammad
Re: New externals for FairRoot are now available (feb11) [message #11510 is a reply to message #11496] Tue, 22 February 2011 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitry Khaneft is currently offline  Dmitry Khaneft
continuous participant
I have an error during compilation of new release. At the same time Jan10 release works well.

In file included from /local/raid0/work/khaneftd/feb11/tools/root/sql/pgsql/src/TPgSQLServer.c xx:14:
include/TPgSQLStatement.h:27:48: error: pg_config.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [sql/pgsql/src/TPgSQLServer.o] Error 1
**** Checking libraries in /local/raid0/work/khaneftd/feb11/tools/root/lib ****
*** ERROR: root could not be created.
*** End installation of external packages with Errors***
Re: New externals for FairRoot are now available (feb11) [message #11512 is a reply to message #11510] Tue, 22 February 2011 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

have you checked if sql is installed in your machine?
Re: New externals for FairRoot are now available (feb11) [message #11514 is a reply to message #11512] Tue, 22 February 2011 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
I don't know. It is a cluster machine so I don't have direct access to it. I will ask an administration.
Re: New externals for FairRoot are now available (feb11) [message #11516 is a reply to message #11512] Wed, 23 February 2011 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
It seems that everything is installed but configure script can't find it. How I can set a path where installation script should search for what it needs?
Re: New externals for FairRoot are now available (feb11) [message #11517 is a reply to message #11516] Wed, 23 February 2011 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

You could try to set the global path adding the folder, something like:

export PATH=$PATH:/xx/xxxxx

where /xx/xxxx is the folder with sql. I don't know if you have also to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH by hands. However, I had the same problem with cmake.

Hope it helps.
Re: New externals for FairRoot are now available (feb11) [message #11518 is a reply to message #11517] Wed, 23 February 2011 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi,

What system you use?

can you go to root directory and there call

>. /rootconfig.sh
> make

if it works, you can go and call the configure.sh again to install the rest of the packages.

Mohammad
Re: New externals for FairRoot are now available (feb11) [message #11519 is a reply to message #11518] Wed, 23 February 2011 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi,

the system is Gentoo.

Unfortunately it didn't work out.

by the way in rootconfig.sh mysql is disabled(--disable-mysql). Does it really needs pgsql?

[Updated on: Wed, 23 February 2011 15:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New externals for FairRoot are now available (feb11) [message #11520 is a reply to message #11519] Wed, 23 February 2011 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi,

Mysql is disabled but he is trying to install "PostgreSQL support" so either you install this on your system or you add

--disable-pgsql

to rootconfig.sh. I will also add it to the feb11 release.

regards

Mohammad
Re: New externals for FairRoot are now available (feb11) [message #11521 is a reply to message #11520] Wed, 23 February 2011 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

I remember when I was in Giessen, with a gentoo distribution, we had the same problem with pgsl. But after having installed it, no other problems anymore. Maybe there is still some very old message in the forum.
Re: New externals for FairRoot are now available (feb11) [message #11522 is a reply to message #11521] Wed, 23 February 2011 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
2Stefano
I have found your message from 2007
Quote:

For 5.16.00, there is a bug in the pgsql code that will block compilation. Edit file pgsql/src/TPgSQLServer.cxx and change the variables stmt->conn to stmt->fConn and stmt->res to stmt->fRes. This error has been fixed in the CVS version.

I checked TPgSQLServer.cxx and it is already fixed according to your message.

I did as Mohammad said and it works.
Re: New externals for FairRoot (feb11) - GEANE verbosity [message #11551 is a reply to message #11496] Sat, 05 March 2011 10:21 Go to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi all,
with the new external package release (feb11) a new variable is present in GEANE to set the IERR flag printouts to quiet: they are now set to quiet by default, but if you want to switch them on again you just have to set to 0 the NOPRNT variable in Geane.C:
fErtrio1->noprnt = 0;

This should help in keeping the log files smaller.
Cheers,
Lia.
Previous Topic: Errors for root points_tpccombi.root
Next Topic: Data challenge 04 - Data files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:57:38 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01172 seconds