GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Bugs, Fixes, Releases » problem running simulation macros (media_pnd.geo??)
problem running simulation macros (media_pnd.geo??) [message #11026] Fri, 24 September 2010 12:20 Go to next message
Dima Melnychuk is currently offline  Dima Melnychuk
first-grade participant
Dear colleagues,

After updating to trunk I have problem running all the simulation macros, which are stopped at:

Info in <TGeoManager::TGeoManager>: Geometry FAIRGeom, FAIR geometry created
-I- FairGeoMedia Read media

I have it with sim_emc.C and this problem is reproduced in several other macros.

I have found that this problem appeared from the last update of /geometry/media_pnd.geo, which was made two days ago.
However I do not see obvious problem with this file.
Could anybody confirm the problem and if it is reproduced to look into media_pnd.geo to identify it precisely.

Best regads,

Dima
Problem running simulation macros -> DIRC media definition [message #11027 is a reply to message #11026] Fri, 24 September 2010 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
the problem is in media_pnd.geo, if you go to version 9909 of the file, the crash disappears.

It was added a line in the definition of the properties of two dirc materials, without changing the number of lines. Not clear to me if the lines should be added or if they should replace something.

The author is "mpatsyuk", but I don't have his/her mail address.

Maybe Jochen could comment?
DIRC bug [message #11030 is a reply to message #11027] Fri, 24 September 2010 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Now the geometry seems fine, but the code does not compile

[ 64%] Building CXX object drc/CMakeFiles/Drc.dir/PndDrc.o
/d/panda02/spataro/pandaroot/drc/PndDrc.cxx: In member function 'virtual void PndDrc::ConstructGeometry()':
/d/panda02/spataro/pandaroot/drc/PndDrc.cxx:574: error: 'class PndGeoDrc' has no member named 'barGap'
/d/panda02/spataro/pandaroot/drc/PndDrc.cxx:575: error: 'class PndGeoDrc' has no member named 'boxGap'
/d/panda02/spataro/pandaroot/drc/PndDrc.cxx:576: error: 'class PndGeoDrc' has no member named 'boxThick'

[Updated on: Fri, 24 September 2010 15:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem running simulation macros -> DIRC media definition [message #11031 is a reply to message #11027] Fri, 24 September 2010 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Schwarz is currently offline  Carsten Schwarz
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano,

Maria Patsyuk is working on the code, her mail address is

m.patsyuk@gsi.de

Best regards
Carsten
Re: Problem running simulation macros -> DIRC media definition [message #11033 is a reply to message #11031] Fri, 24 September 2010 17:30 Go to previous message
Maria Patsyuk is currently offline  Maria Patsyuk
continuous participant
Now it should compile.

And it seems I changed the number of lines in the media_pnd.geo file with adding 2 lines.

Sorry for the mess - it is my first experience Smile
Previous Topic: fairsoft installation suse 11.3
Next Topic: Problems with TPC and genfit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:58:58 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00882 seconds