GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » General » PndMicroWriter???
PndMicroWriter??? [message #11014] Wed, 22 September 2010 16:59 Go to next message
Dima Melnychuk is currently offline  Dima Melnychuk
first-grade participant
Dear colleagues,

On one of the previuos pandaroot EVO meetings it was a discussion on analysis in pandaroot and, if I understood it correctly, it was a statement that PndMicroWriter class is obsolete and can be removed.

At the moment I am doing modification related to error matrices for EMC and there are some chages in interface, which can require modification in PndMicroWriter or, if it is really obsolete, to remove this class.

So, can this question be clarified? I suppose that this question is mainly addressed to Klaus Goetzen.

Best regards,

Dima

Re: PndMicroWriter??? [message #11015 is a reply to message #11014] Wed, 22 September 2010 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Kliemt is currently offline  Ralf Kliemt
first-grade participant

Hi Dima.

Let me make a clarification:
There are two concepts of how to proceed to the analysis level.
One is Microwriter & Eventreader, discoupling the data from the framework structure and having (like Klaus claims) a much faster access while analyzing.
The other way is PndAnalysis, using the framework file structure. This way I am following in my studies for now.

Both ways coexist at the moment.

Now to your changes: What do you intend to change?
In principle it should affect more the Pid package where all information is collected and passed to the MicroCandidate data format.

I hope that helps.

Ralf
Re: PndMicroWriter??? [message #11016 is a reply to message #11015] Wed, 22 September 2010 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
the candidates (PndPidCandidate inheriting from VAbsMicroCandidate) are filled by the PndPidCorrelator task (under pid/PidCorr). You should check there the GetEmcInfo and AddNeutralCandidate functions.
Hope it helps.
Re: PndMicroWriter??? [message #11018 is a reply to message #11016] Wed, 22 September 2010 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jens Sören Lange is currently offline  Jens Sören Lange
first-grade participant
Hi Stefano, yes that works fine, but I think it is
a.) just hard to "guess" that the candidates are (only) filled by a PID correlator task (instead of something such as "fill candidates"), and
b.) I think so far _all_ neutral candidates are filled (and not only the neutral cluster matched to a track, which is what is probably needed for the PID correlator).
So I would vote to keep the PndEventReader (which is tested and works fine) and maybe to do it the other way around: fill the candidates by something intuitive (e.g. "PndWriteAnalysisCandidates") and this might just be a wrapper to PndPIDCorrelator.

Soeren

Re: PndMicroWriter??? [message #11019 is a reply to message #11018] Wed, 22 September 2010 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
about b),
the PidCorrelator is creating charged track candidates from tracks, attaching all the pid detector informations within correlation window, and it is creating neutral candidates from EmcCluster, selecting all the clusters uncorrelated to tracks (but if you use a large correlation window, you fill the neutral candidates with all the clusters.
Re: PndMicroWriter??? [message #11020 is a reply to message #11015] Thu, 23 September 2010 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus Götzen is currently offline  Klaus Götzen
first-grade participant
Hi,

to Ralf: I compared PndEventReader and PndAnalysis, and actually both have the same performance when used in a macro. I think running in a task seemed to be much slower, but I'd have to check that again.

Concerning the class PndMicroWriter, this is not used anymore at the moment and doesn't need to be updated. It will be adapted to PndPidCorrelator when reactivated.

In principle I would agree with Soeren in the way, that a specific task with the only purpose to pick up all relevant information to bundle them to the AOD or whatever data stage would be the appropriate thing in the long run. There is no principle connection to PID for that process. Of course this is another topic.

Best,
Klaus
Re: PndMicroWriter??? [message #11021 is a reply to message #11014] Thu, 23 September 2010 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dima Melnychuk is currently offline  Dima Melnychuk
first-grade participant
Hi Klaus,

Since, as you have written, "PndMicroWriter is not used anymore at the moment and doesn't need to be updated", could you remove it from trunk or at least from CMakeList.txt. Otherwise it produces compilation error with my modifications in emc code.

Dima
Re: PndMicroWriter??? [message #11022 is a reply to message #11021] Thu, 23 September 2010 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant
Hi Dima,

ok, I've commented out PndMicroWriter in CMakeLists.txt

Cheers,
Klaus
Re: PndMicroWriter??? [message #11023 is a reply to message #11022] Thu, 23 September 2010 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

[ 91%] Generating AnalysisToolsDict.cxx, AnalysisToolsDict.h
Error: link requested for unknown class PndMicroWriter /d/panda02/spataro/pandaroot/PndTools/AnalysisTools/AnalysisToolsLinkDef .h:21:
Warning: Error occurred during reading source files
Warning: Error occurred during dictionary source generation
!!!Removing /d/panda02/spataro/lenny64/PndTools/AnalysisTools/AnalysisToolsDict.cxx /d/panda02/spataro/lenny64/PndTools/AnalysisTools/AnalysisToolsDict.h !!!
Error: /misc/cbmsoft/Lenny64/jan10/fairsoft/tools/root/bin/rootcint: error loading headers...
make[2]: *** [PndTools/AnalysisTools/AnalysisToolsDict.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: *** [PndTools/AnalysisTools/CMakeFiles/AnalysisTools.dir/all] Error 2

Re: PndMicroWriter??? [message #11024 is a reply to message #11023] Thu, 23 September 2010 13:02 Go to previous message
first-grade participant
Sorry, my mistake. I forgot to modify the Linkdef file. Now it should (hopefully) work!

Best,
Klaus
Previous Topic: export PANDA geometry
Next Topic: Barrel DIRC in Geant 4 - Cherenkov photon propagation - [FIXED]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:26:00 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01063 seconds