GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PWA » PWA - General Issues » git repository usage
git repository usage [message #10650] Thu, 06 May 2010 17:38 Go to next message
Matthias Steinke is currently offline  Matthias Steinke
occasional visitor
Hi everybody,

I've set up a "master" repository for our PWA software, using the temporary name "Pawian", as we discussed at the last EVO-meeting.

You can have a look to the repository using your browser at http://www.ep1.rub.de/git/gitweb.cgi by clicking on "Pawian".

To make your first clone of the repository (to check out everything), you can simply type

git clone git://tau.ep1.rub.de/Pawian

This will create a new directory "Pawian", and you'll find all packages (that's not that much up to now) inside "Pawian".

Via the git: protocol you can only check out things, but you (and everybody else in the world) is not allowed to check in, i.e. to "push". For write access we use ssh authentication. Please send me the public part of your usual ssh key pair. I will add it to the list of authorized keys, and then you will be able to "push", f.e. by

git push <user>@tau.ep1.rub.de:/home/tau/www/git/Pawian

Of course you can use the ssh protocol for cloning, too.
git allows to give a name to the repository address, so you don't have to type this long address again and again.

Please start to play around, and let me know if something does not work.

Greetings,
Matthias
Re: git repository usage [message #10661 is a reply to message #10650] Fri, 07 May 2010 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertram Kopf is currently offline  Bertram Kopf
continuous participant
Dear all,

on the PANDA PWA wiki at:

http://panda-wiki.gsi.de/cgi-bin/view/PWA/FirstStepInstructions

you can find a simple HOWTO for checking out, setting up and compiling the code. There is also an instruction for starting the two test applications.

Cheers,
Bertram.
Re: git repository usage [message #10701 is a reply to message #10650] Wed, 19 May 2010 14:33 Go to previous message
Matthias Steinke is currently offline  Matthias Steinke
occasional visitor
Hi everybody,

to make things simpler, we will access our git repository for push and for pull always via the ssh protocol, f.e.

git clone gitosis@tau.ep1.rub.de:/home/tau/www/git/Pawian

The user always has to be the "git user" gitosis.
To make that work, you have to pass to me the public part of your prefered ssh key pair.

If you just want to have a look to the repository and its contents, you still can use the web interface as described in the previous posting.

Matthias
Previous Topic: Name for the PANDA PWA Software
Next Topic: PANDA PWA EVO Meeting: Next Tuesday (18.05) at 13h30
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:55:41 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01028 seconds