GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » Reco hit production with two inputs.
Reco hit production with two inputs. [message #10558] Wed, 21 April 2010 17:29 Go to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Genfitters,
I have a question concerning the reco hit production: is it mandatory to use the GFRecoHitProducer or can I create a PndSttRecoHitProducer, inheriting from GFAbsRecoHitProducer, and use that one?

I ask this because since I started using the STT tube map to access the geometrical information I had to access the parameters from inside the PndSttRecoHit::PndSttRecoHit(PndSttHelixHit *currenthit) and this slows down the code. To speed it up I would do like I do in digi and reco:
1) access the parameters only once per run
2) fill the tubeArray with the objs PndSttTube, which represent the tubes
3) have something like PndSttRecoHit::PndSttRecoHit(PndSttHelixHit *currenthit, TClonesArray *tubeArray) to pass the tubeArray directly to the recohit and avoid accessing the parameters at each hit.

I tried the PndSttRecoHitProducer solution and it seems to me that it works, but I wanted to ask if this is "permitted" before putting it on svn.

Cheers,
Lia.
Re: Reco hit production with two inputs. [message #10561 is a reply to message #10558] Wed, 21 April 2010 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Poster From: *e18.physik.tu-muenchen.de
Hi Lia,

it is no problem in terms of using GENFIT. The GFAbsRecoHitProducer allows you to do exactly that. Instead of the template approach of GFRecoHitProducer you solve the issue by inheritance. As far as I can tell now, it is no problem.

The point where it becomes important is at the KalmanTask level. Here you use the HitProducers. Stefano designed the common Kalman task to be used by everybody. So my question to Stefano is:

How do you configure in the KalmanTask, which hit producers are inserted in the GFRecoHitFactory for specific detector IDs? This is where Lia's question points to. Do you see any problem with her proposal?

Cheers, Christian
Re: Reco hit production with two inputs. [message #10562 is a reply to message #10561] Wed, 21 April 2010 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Hi,
I have proposed to Lia to have her SttrecoHitFactory inside GenfitTools/recohit, so that there is no genfit dependence in stt package.

In PndRecoKalmanFit the standard GFRecoHitProducer is used for STT, but it is possible to modify it (only one command line in GenfitTools/recotasks/PndRecoKalmanFit.cxx::Init()), and maybe some include. Is the class PndSttTube inside pnddata/SttData or stt?

However, I cannot see any difficulties on this implementation.
Re: Reco hit production with two inputs. [message #10566 is a reply to message #10562] Thu, 22 April 2010 10:21 Go to previous message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Christian and Stefano,
Quote:

Is the class PndSttTube inside pnddata/SttData or stt

The PndSttTube is inside the stt directory. Anyway, the CMakeLists.txt in GenfitTools/recohit has the stt directory among the INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES, so there should be no problem.

I will try this (in my first trial I put the PndSttRecoHitProducer inside stt/sttreco) and see if it works. If so, I will put it in svn and give the instructions on the changes needed to use the stt producer and fill the map.

Thank you and ciao,
Lia.
Previous Topic: GEANE new patch released.
Next Topic: One question about tracking efficiency
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:11:16 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00525 seconds