GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Tracking » [FIXED] Geane for luminosity monitor: TGeant3 not initialized
[FIXED] Geane for luminosity monitor: TGeant3 not initialized [message #10291] Wed, 24 February 2010 14:49 Go to next message
Mathias Michel is currently offline  Mathias Michel
occasional visitor

Hi all.

I'd like to use Geane for backtracking of reconstructed tracks in the luminosity monitor through the dipole.
Therefore i had a look at the wiki page about Geane, the tutorials and the pid package, still i have problems getting FairGeanePro initialized:
FairGeanePro::TGeant3 has not been initialized! ABORTING!

So could someone give me a hint where i can get more information about Geane in Pandaroot or give me a point to start?
Thinks like the usage of the PndEmcMapper are mysterious to me Smile

Thanks
Mathias

[Updated on: Thu, 25 February 2010 12:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Geane for luminosity monitor [message #10292 is a reply to message #10291] Wed, 24 February 2010 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Mathias,
having a look to the tutorial ex1 macro runGEANE1.C I see that GEANE is still called in the old way.
Now it has to be called as a task. You can look into macro/stt/rungenfit.C to see how it is done:
FairGeane *Geane = new FairGeane();
fRun->AddTask(Geane);

This should solve your problem.

Cheers,
Lia.
Re: Geane for luminosity monitor [message #10293 is a reply to message #10291] Wed, 24 February 2010 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor

I tried to find the newest macros, like in the pid package, so this is how my macro looks like:

FairRunAna *fRun= new FairRunAna();
fRun->SetInputFile(MCFile);
fRun->AddFriend(DigiFile);
fRun->SetOutputFile(outFile);

FairRuntimeDb* rtdb = fRun->GetRuntimeDb();
FairParRootFileIo* parInput1 = new FairParRootFileIo(kTRUE);
parInput1->open(parFile.Data(),"UPDATE");
rtdb->setFirstInput(parInput1);

FairGeane *Geane = new FairGeane();
fRun->AddTask(Geane)

PndLmdGeaneTask* lmdgeane = new PndLmdGeaneTask();
fRun->AddTask(lmdgeane);

rtdb->setOutput(parInput1);
rtdb->print();

fRun->Init();
PndEmcMapper *emcMap = PndEmcMapper::Instance(6);
//Geane->SetField(fRun->GetField());
fRun->Run(0,nEvents);

[Updated on: Wed, 24 February 2010 15:30]

Re: Geane for luminosity monitor [message #10301 is a reply to message #10293] Wed, 24 February 2010 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Mathias,
it looks correct from the GEANE point of view. Do you still have the error with this macro? If so can you please post it?
Lia.
Re: Geane for luminosity monitor [message #10303 is a reply to message #10301] Thu, 25 February 2010 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor

Hi,

mh ok, yes it's still crashing:

-I- PndFieldMap: Reading field map from ROOT file /local/data/michel/fairroot/fairsoft10/pandaroot/trunk/input/SolenoidMap 3.root
-I- PndFieldMap: Reading field map from ROOT file /local/data/michel/fairroot/fairsoft10/pandaroot/trunk/input/SolenoidMap 4.root
FairGeanePro::TGeant3 has not been initialized! ABORTING!
terminate called without an active exception

I attached the Task class, which is a modified PndMvdMSAnaTask.

Most probably i just miss to call something or such, but i didn't find more documentation to understand the way Geane is used so i could just try to imitate the classes using FairGeanePro i found.

Cheers
Mathias
Re: Geane for luminosity monitor [message #10304 is a reply to message #10303] Thu, 25 February 2010 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

Could you please post the macro you are using to launch your lmdgeane task?
Re: Geane for luminosity monitor [message #10305 is a reply to message #10303] Thu, 25 February 2010 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor

Hi,

i attached it. Btw i use the newest external package and rev 7877 of pandaroot trunk. Thank you for checking, but the Lmd Software is not yet implemented correct so it would be circuitous to get the hole sim running just to check the GeaneTask.
I would prefer to get more information about Geane and the interface so that i could find and understand my failure by myself maybe.

Cheers
Mathias
Re: Geane for luminosity monitor [message #10306 is a reply to message #10305] Thu, 25 February 2010 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,
at a first glance, everything seems fine.
But considering that it is crashing, i would suggest few changes:

* in the .h file, remove TGeant3 *gMC3;
* in the macro, move FairGeane part before Parameter database (and after fRun->SetOutputFile)
* in the macro, again, parInput1->open(parFile.Data()) (no "UPDATE")

After, if it continues to crash, please send the full log from your macro. Maybe there are other hidden problems that cause the crash.
Re: Geane for luminosity monitor [message #10307 is a reply to message #10306] Thu, 25 February 2010 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lia Lavezzi
first-grade participant

Hi Mathias,
I think in the macro you need to add the following red line to load all the libraries:
gROOT->Macro("$VMCWORKDIR/gconfig/rootlogon.C");
rootlogon();
gSystem->Load("libSds");
gSystem->Load("libSdsReco");
gSystem->Load("libLmd");
gSystem->Load("libLmdReco");
gSystem->Load("libLmdTrk");

I hope this helps.
Lia.

Re: Geane for luminosity monitor [message #10308 is a reply to message #10291] Thu, 25 February 2010 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
occasional visitor

wow, moving the Geane part before the parameter-stuff did the trick somehow!

It's still crashing in the exec but that much i expected because the stuff there is copied without sense yet. I think i am now able to play with Geane.

Thank you very much!!

[Updated on: Thu, 25 February 2010 12:16]

Re: Geane for luminosity monitor [message #10309 is a reply to message #10308] Thu, 25 February 2010 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Ok,
nice to know.
If you are able to run properly GEANE, could you please modify the title of your first message, such as:

[FIXED] Geane for luminosity monitor

In this case we know that the thread is almost closed, and that we can focus on other problems Smile Of course, if you find new problems, you could rename it again and remove the "fixed".
Re: Geane for luminosity monitor [message #10310 is a reply to message #10309] Thu, 25 February 2010 12:37 Go to previous message
occasional visitor

Yes i'll rename it as soon as i checked a few things. Maybe i even find a more fitting name in case someone has a similar problem.
Previous Topic: plane id in track candidate
Next Topic: GEANE documentation on WIKI
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:35:04 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00775 seconds