GSI Forum
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung

Home » PANDA » PandaRoot » Event Generators » UrQMD - SMM
UrQMD - SMM [message #10017] Fri, 22 January 2010 13:37 Go to next message
Olaf Hartmann is currently offline  Olaf Hartmann
continuous participant
Salut,

I've seen that for the grid there's an executable UrQMDSmmGen with the appropriate .so file. I suppose this program produces the root files which later are read by PndUrqmdSmmGenerator. But it's not part of svn, or I just didn't find it. Where is the source of the source?

Cheers
Olaf.

Re: UrQMD - SMM [message #10019 is a reply to message #10017] Fri, 22 January 2010 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asanchez is currently offline  asanchez
first-grade participant
Dear Olaf,
PndUrqmdSmmGenerator can be found at
trunk/pgenerators directory.

For input files you should
contact Aida Galoyan and let her know your request.

cheers
Alicia
Re: UrQMD - SMM [message #10020 is a reply to message #10019] Fri, 22 January 2010 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Alicia Sanchez wrote on Fri, 22 January 2010 14:19

Dear Olaf,
PndUrqmdSmmGenerator can be found at
trunk/pgenerators directory.

For input files you should
contact Aida Galoyan and let her know your request.

cheers
Alicia

Hola Alicia,

yes, I know about PndUrqmdSmmGenerator and some medium-aged root files on /d/panda02 Smile
Actually I'm really interested in UrqmdSmmGen, because with the ROOT files I've no influence on the input parameters for UrQMD itself (like freeze-out time, time step size ...)

Salu2
Olaf.
Re: UrQMD - SMM [message #10021 is a reply to message #10020] Fri, 22 January 2010 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asanchez is currently offline  asanchez
first-grade participant
Hi again, i know that in the case of dpm generator
there is for instance for the user
the possibility to create the inputs files by
running at build/bin the executable dpmgen.

As you already wrote, i don't know either wether the same is possible for urqmdsmm( grid).
Maybe Aida or Mohamad could give you more information
to this respect.

regards
alicia
Re: UrQMD - SMM [message #10029 is a reply to message #10020] Sat, 23 January 2010 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johan Messchendorp is currently offline  Johan Messchendorp
first-grade participant

Hi Olaf,

Concerning the UrQMD_smm code on the GRID. Aida asked me not to distribute the source. Therefore, you will not find it in the repository. I have access to the code, but I prefer that you ask Aida directly for a copy. I am sure she will help you out here....

Kind wishes,

Johan.
Re: UrQMD - SMM [message #10030 is a reply to message #10029] Sat, 23 January 2010 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StefanoSpataro is currently offline  StefanoSpataro
first-grade participant

By the way,
is the Urqmd stuff compatible with the new ROOT in jan10 external packages? I heard it does not compile.
Re: UrQMD - SMM [message #10031 is a reply to message #10030] Sat, 23 January 2010 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first-grade participant

Hi,

I just tried to compile and build the code to the latest root release in fairsoft. Seems to work well and it also runs.... The problem which we have is that we cannot distribute the code on the all the Grid machines, which makes it hard to make it compatible with the large variety of machines and distributions available on the Grid. We basically have to do the installation manually on the machines, which is a nightmare. Hence, we didnt switch to the newer root release on the grid.

Johan.
UrQMD SmmGen [message #10159 is a reply to message #10017] Wed, 10 February 2010 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi Aida,

using the UrqmdSmmGen I encountered twice a crash of the program. The error message is just "program stopped". Is there a verbosity level to get some more information about the crash?
One problem I could cure by using a different initial seed.

Bye,
Olaf.
UrQMDSmm and FLUKA [message #10190 is a reply to message #10017] Fri, 12 February 2010 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
continuous participant
Hi all,

finally I started to look into the potential use of FLUKA as an event generator for PANDARoot (this is at the moment a "private study" because of the FLUKA license).
The first test case is the reaction of a 3.5 GeV/c pbar on carbon-12. I compare FLUKA (using an extended target) to UrQMDSmmGen. "Thin target" means a carbon wire of 100µm diameter.

Exemplarily I show the momentum distribution of the nucleons (p+n).
The normalization is done here using the total number of protons.
index.php?t=getfile&id=5844&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=5845&private=0

The figures show the lower and the high momentum range. I'll further iterate to see if the "dip" in FLUKA between 100 and 200 MeV/c is due absorption in the target (which UrQMD does not have). However the difference between thick and thin target does not look that prominent.
In contrast to UrQMDSmm, FLUKA has also antiprotons in the final state which underwent scattering (n.b. those who don't interact at all are discarded).
A more detailed report will follow latest at the coll.meeting.

Cheers
Olaf.

Re: UrQMDSmm and FLUKA [message #10191 is a reply to message #10190] Fri, 12 February 2010 13:36 Go to previous message
first-grade participant

Hi Olaf,

very interesting! Looking forward for more results,

Johan.
Previous Topic: New DPMgen results disagree with earlier simulations
Next Topic: modifications of simpleEvtGen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 10:21:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00809 seconds